Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Back from vet. He isn't too concerned that it is anything more than swelling in her elbow joint, so didn't want to do x-rays just yet. Says her limp is on the lower end of the scale and it's only intermittent (every 4th or 5th step, not every step). She's on anti-inflammatory medication for 10 days and see from there. Doesn't think her exercise should be restricted, but I will still be conservative about it (ie. don't want her jumping or running around like a loon like she is dying to do!) If lameness persists after a couple of weeks, to let him know and probably x-ray then.

:crossfingers:

Edited by RubyStar

Crap, Ptolomy!! :( We had a bit of flooding too , our gutters at the front of the house near the front door can't cope with a sudden heavy downpour (normal rain/showers is OK) and it all backwashes in along the eaves and down the inside of the front door into the hallway - it's a complete pain in the a**e, we have to do a mad rush for towels etc to stop it running right through the lounge room etc. OH called a roof plumber today and he's going to come and install a couple more downpipes to see if that relieves some of the pressure on the gutters...

On the plus side, the kennels are lovely and dry!! LOL! :laugh:

Edited by Poo-Fong

Our ceiling didn't flood thankgod,only had the last repair done in April from the big storm last year.

We have piss spouts all over our down pipes & removed the back ones from tin to round poly pipe & they work so much better,we also have piss spouts on the roof eves to help it run off to the patio roof to help in the heavy rain

:eek: I just saw the news report about the mini tornado in Canning Vale! I woke up at 8am when it apparently happened and was about to put the dogs out for a wee when it started bucketing down. I'm not far from CV.

Hope the damage isn't too severe Ptolomy and PF! :(

I'm happy to be home again out of the weather, the roads were not fun to be on this morning. The wind has picked up here now, random banging noises all over the place!

Edited by RubyStar

RS - Hope Ruby is all back to her bouncy self after the anti-inflammatories and rest :)

Hope you dry out soon if you got flooded :( I swear our pool has filled up by several inches today, there must be some sort of drain that runs into it, as there is no way just the rain falling directly onto it would have filled it that much - would it? :eek:

Keeping an eagle eye on the dogs, I'm kicking them out for pee breaks but they just hang by the door and look pathetic - don't I know the rain will kill them :rolleyes: :laugh:

eta - just had a phone call.....I now have a job :eek:

Edited by CrazyCresties

Yay CC - Well done, what are you going to be doing??

Hope all you flooded DOLers dry out okay, what a pain in the backside!!

RS - Glad to hear about Ruby's visit. I would also be more inclined to be cautious.

RS - Hope Ruby is all back to her bouncy self after the anti-inflammatories and rest :)

Hope you dry out soon if you got flooded :( I swear our pool has filled up by several inches today, there must be some sort of drain that runs into it, as there is no way just the rain falling directly onto it would have filled it that much - would it? :eek:

Keeping an eagle eye on the dogs, I'm kicking them out for pee breaks but they just hang by the door and look pathetic - don't I know the rain will kill them :rolleyes: :laugh:

eta - just had a phone call.....I now have a job :eek:

YAY :party:

i still have three smelly wet rottis to bathe anyone want to offer???

Guest RosieFT

Glad it appears to be something mild RS. :-) Fingers crossed it will heal in the short term and you will be back into training again.

CC - well done! that was quick, you must have really impressed them. was this in IT?

The rain was amazing - dropping kids at school was, umm, fun? dodging the rain falling AND the bloody mini rivers that had sprung up everywhere!!

Love the wintry feel of today though, came home to a delicious smelling house as my slow cooker is doing its job :-) .. kids have got Aus kick tonight so hope it stays dry for awhile now!! Then it can rain and rain and rain this weekend as long as it stays dry next saturday... or i will have 17 6yr old kids in my tiny house EEEEEK!!