Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good park/grassy area to let your dogs have a run, somewhere close to Midland?

I would love to give my dogs an off leash run but really not sure of any good and safe spots to do so

Cheers :)

Hi Holly's mum if you turn into viveash where la salle is and go down to the river, it isn't technically off leash but as long as your dogs are not bothering anyone everyone does it, they can swim run through the grass and you can walk for ages at the reserve, must do the right thing and pick up after dogs :laugh:

i go with my three rottis they love it.

other than that there are not really anywhere they can go.

there is near the old govenor stirling school agian its a reserve and you can walk for ages again not technically off leash and tends to be more people not neccessarily dogs here depneding on time of day :laugh:

hope this helps

Old Governor Stirling School??? Is it not running any more???

They are bulldozing it :bolt: they are using the old midland primary school at the moment

oh poor boys sure they tried hard :laugh:

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good park/grassy area to let your dogs have a run, somewhere close to Midland?

I would love to give my dogs an off leash run but really not sure of any good and safe spots to do so

Cheers :laugh:

Hi Holly's mum if you turn into viveash where la salle is and go down to the river, it isn't technically off leash but as long as your dogs are not bothering anyone everyone does it, they can swim run through the grass and you can walk for ages at the reserve, must do the right thing and pick up after dogs :laugh:

there is near the old govenor stirling school agian its a reserve and you can walk for ages again not technically off leash and tends to be more people not neccessarily dogs here depneding on time of day :bolt:

hope this helps

List of areas you can't take your dog to in the City of Swan http://www.swan.wa.gov.au/Residents/Animal.../Exercise_Areas. Unless signed otherwise you can have dogs offlead on all reserves as long as you have effective control of your dog :bolt:

It is being rebuilt as it is falling down :rofl:

Naughty Scoota and Brooky... did they fail the same exercise? :laugh: Unfortunately I can't have any more male dogs... will put my hand up in advance for Cider if she is up for offer though :)

Hi

Cheers :D

Hi Holly's mum if you turn into viveash where la salle is and go down to the river, it isn't technically off leash but as long as your dogs are not bothering anyone everyone does it, they can swim run through the grass and you can walk for ages at the reserve, must do the right thing and pick up after dogs :D

there is near the old govenor stirling school agian its a reserve and you can walk for ages again not technically off leash and tends to be more people not neccessarily dogs here depneding on time of day :D

hope this helps

List of areas you can't take your dog to in the City of Swan http://www.swan.wa.gov.au/Residents/Animal.../Exercise_Areas. Unless signed otherwise you can have dogs offlead on all reserves as long as you have effective control of your dog :)

It is being rebuilt as it is falling down :p

Naughty Scoota and Brooky... did they fail the same exercise? :rofl: Unfortunately I can't have any more male dogs... will put my hand up in advance for Cider if she is up for offer though :)

i will look next time i know they got poo bags not sure if it is signed saying dogs must be on lead i normally go down to take dogs swimming so they aren't paying atteniton to people anyway then they go on lead to leave :D

yeah it is a bit delapidated and needs work lol

it actually says excluding the reserve in viveash yet the provide dog poo bags and everyone is down there guess that means it is supposed to be on leash oops :)

No, it says excluding the John George Walk Trail in Viveash... that isn't the reserve just the track next to the river as far as I can figure out :rofl:

it actually says excluding the reserve in viveash yet the provide dog poo bags and everyone is down there guess that means it is supposed to be on leash oops :)

No, it says excluding the John George Walk Trail in Viveash... that isn't the reserve just the track next to the river as far as I can figure out :D

Oh i am even more :rofl: assumed irt meant whole area lol but as i said there are poo bags and rangers have seen me walking off lead dogs and not said anything :D

To those competing at the State Agility trial on the weekend, what time is everyone planning on getting there? Does anyone want to try and set up "camp" together? I am making triple choc muffins :) (but gosh I hope they don't turn out like my attempted choc cookies last time! These ones are from a Betty Crocker packet so hopefully should be yummy :D)

Looking forward to this weeekend! :) It is a much more relaxed event for me over obedience and nice and social!

The icing on the cake would be a final Q for Ruby in Novice Jumping for her JD title :p She also debuts in Novice Agility so here's hoping she doesn't crap herself on the dogwalk :D Had heaps of fun with Millie on Tuesday night, hurling herself around the course like a dog on speed :D Tripped over her coming out of the tunnel quicker than anticipated :D Can't wait to trial her this weekend, too!

P.S. To those who remember at last year's states, I said I would aim to start trialling at this year's states, looks like I made it in early!! Woohoo!! :rofl:

To those competing at the State Agility trial on the weekend, what time is everyone planning on getting there? Does anyone want to try and set up "camp" together? I am making triple choc muffins :) (but gosh I hope they don't turn out like my attempted choc cookies last time! These ones are from a Betty Crocker packet so hopefully should be yummy :D)

Looking forward to this weeekend! :) It is a much more relaxed event for me over obedience and nice and social!

The icing on the cake would be a final Q for Ruby in Novice Jumping for her JD title ;) She also debuts in Novice Agility so here's hoping she doesn't crap herself on the dogwalk :D Had heaps of fun with Millie on Tuesday night, hurling herself around the course like a dog on speed :D Tripped over her coming out of the tunnel quicker than anticipated :D Can't wait to trial her this weekend, too!

P.S. To those who remember at last year's states, I said I would aim to start trialling at this year's states, looks like I made it in early!! Woohoo!! :rofl:

Good luck with both dogs :p

I am fairly sure J is planning on getting there early to set up a cabana :) We are happy for anyone to join us :rofl:

And I am glad someone had a good night at training on Tuesday - am currently wondering whether to give Southern River a go although it isn't as good a day for me work wise...

I am fairly sure J is planning on getting there early to set up a cabana :) We are happy for anyone to join us :rofl:

And I am glad someone had a good night at training on Tuesday - am currently wondering whether to give Southern River a go although it isn't as good a day for me work wise...

i had a good ngiht training on tuesday on my own with a dog and two kids who kept running around being noisy, half flattened my battery then when i was paying they let the dog out of the car and she had taken off sigh lol

I am fairly sure J is planning on getting there early to set up a cabana :) We are happy for anyone to join us :D

I am happy to get there early and set up gazebos and stuff, except, I don't own a gazebo!! If we can set up 2 gazebos together that should be enough room to crate our dogs and sit ourselves yeah? I usually like to work out of my car but for agility it actually doesn't bother me too much if I have to crate both kiddies. There is a show on Friday night I think... how many sneaky buggers do you think will try and set theirs up Friday night? Should we be sneaky buggers too? :rofl:

There is a show on Friday night I think... how many sneaky buggers do you think will try and set theirs up Friday night? Should we be sneaky buggers too? :)

I think J is already planning on being a sneaky bugger :rofl:

There is a show on Friday night I think... how many sneaky buggers do you think will try and set theirs up Friday night? Should we be sneaky buggers too? :)

I think J is already planning on being a sneaky bugger :D

:D So by early, you really did mean early :D :D

We should have entered Millie and Abbey into strat pairs! Dammit!! Millie can weave now :rofl: I haven't got Ruby entered either, but I would like to give strat pairs another go at some stage. But I can't make it to many agility trials it seems! I haven't trialled since the Classic and no idea when my next one will be!!

To those competing at the State Agility trial on the weekend, what time is everyone planning on getting there? Does anyone want to try and set up "camp" together? I am making triple choc muffins :D (but gosh I hope they don't turn out like my attempted choc cookies last time! These ones are from a Betty Crocker packet so hopefully should be yummy :rofl:)

Where is it being held? OH is probably working sunday, so if it's on sunday as well I love to come and watch and take some pics :D

Wahoo news in from Sydney - Brookie won Open - good boy Brooklyn.

Congratulations :)

. There is a show on Friday night I think... how many sneaky buggers do you think will try and set theirs up Friday night? Should we be sneaky buggers too?

You can set up from 3pm on Friday that is the rule

Where is it being held? OH is probably working sunday, so if it's on sunday as well I love to come and watch and take some pics :rofl:

It's held at the K9 grounds in Southern River on both Saturday and Sunday, all day. That would be really cool if you came and took photos, can I please put in an order? :D I don't have any of my kids doing agility and would really love some :) :D

Come and find us, we'll have baked goods :D

Speaking of baked goods, whatcha bakin', mirawee? You know we all think you're an awesome cook :D