Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT

ok you guys win... my son would LOVE a guinea pig (has been asking for years now) and then when we went to Vebas with grandparents to get their goldfish - he discovered axolotals... ugh.. NO!! By the way, Vebas is almost as good as going to Aqwa with kids, fantastic aquariums to look at.

My daughter really wants a fighting fish, but i think they look so sad ...

If it wasn't for Rosie i am sure we would have guinea pigs by now. I grew up with a hamster, birds, fish, dogs and cats.. and owned horses for many, many years... but now it is just the cat and dog LOL.

Some of you make me feel very slack for not having the energy for more! hee

If anybody is free on the morning of Monday, the 6th June, we are desperately seeking stewards for the Obedience Challenge!

If you can help, please let me know :rofl:

P.S. This is a long weeeknd, not a workday :D

P.P.S. No previous stewarding experience necessary!

Edited by RubyStar

If anybody is free on the morning of Monday, the 6th June, we are desperately seeking stewards for the Obedience Challenge!

If you can help, please let me know :thumbsup:

P.S. This is a long weeeknd, not a workday :(

I can only let u know closer to the time , if i steward at the one i cant do the trial the same day coz what do i do with my dog while i steward??

If you can help, please let me know :thumbsup:

P.S. This is a long weeeknd, not a workday :(

I can only let u know closer to the time , if i steward at the one i cant do the trial the same day coz what do i do with my dog while i steward??

No worries Candice, you already said you can't and that's ok :( We need to get them organised in advance if possible so there is no rushing around trying to find them later.

Guest RosieFT
Rosie I once had two guinea pigs - one lived til he was 10 :thumbsup:

I also had rats, mice, fish and I had an Axlotyl named Linkin! Come to think of it he lived quite while too :(

That has to be some kind of world record! 10 yrs old... wow.. I don't know how long one would live for in our household with Rosie... not going to find out!

oooh yes, i had a mouse, Herman, he used to climb trees with me, swim in our pool with me in summer... :-) In South Africa i had a hamster - n ow they are cute! Can't get them here.

I believe when i was too young to remember we had a pet pig! and i vaguely remember a tortoise... ahh the things my mum must of looked after for us and we just did not appreciate it!! LOL

LOL! I don't think it's a record but he was pretty old!! we were quite lucky, we had fairly low drive weimaraners.... they were never left alone with the GPs but they did go outside with us when i had them on the grass.

A friend of my mums lived around the corner used to have her sons guinea pigs running around lose outside, with a freaking Airdale!!! yep, he was pretty low drive for a terrier.

I love hamsters - never seen one in the flesh, but my sister had one in Singapore.

LOL a tortoise how cute :p My mum may have hidden a tortoise (or a turtle, can't remember) when she came from Spain to the UK when she was little :( :p

Geez, you guys have an exciting group of pets... mine consists of 2 dogs and 2 cats.... did have a siamese fighting fish too, but took him/her home from work during christmas holidays and the cats ate him/her.... Hopefully we may have a new addition towards the end of the year!

Although for the past 3 weeks, we have had 5 or 7 dogs (depending on the time of day), 3 cats, 2 SPOILT birds, a goat and a sheep to look after.... It been fun having a mini zoo :)

Tonight I am back at home, and back to just my pets :laugh:

Hemi is doing well in obedience... we have our test on the 18th!

Geez, you guys have an exciting group of pets... mine consists of 2 dogs and 2 cats.... did have a siamese fighting fish too, but took him/her home from work during christmas holidays and the cats ate him/her.... Hopefully we may have a new addition towards the end of the year!

Although for the past 3 weeks, we have had 5 or 7 dogs (depending on the time of day), 3 cats, 2 SPOILT birds, a goat and a sheep to look after.... It been fun having a mini zoo :)

Tonight I am back at home, and back to just my pets :laugh:

Hemi is doing well in obedience... we have our test on the 18th!

Good luck.

and yes St we are waiting for news lol

Blimey, Louis is back into clothes again and Indy the cat is seriously not happy with the temperature change :(

I had a hamster too as a kid, it was a stoopid one :) My pet rats were far more intelligent and loveable. I also had a pet pig when I was a groom - his name was Bilbo Baggins and I trained him to sit and come to call :love: He would come round the farm fields with me and the 8 farm dogs and was as well behaved as any of them :love: The pic is B&W but he was a ginger pig, a rare breed Tamworth.

Bilbo.jpg

Yes feel free to laugh at the hair, but in my defence it had probably been under a riding hat for hours - and it was the 80s :):)

Looking forward to the b'day party tomorrow Mason :o

Great photo CC!!! I would love a pet pig! Dont think the dogs would appreciate one though!

Zola has been wanting her pj's in the mornings since the rain and cool weather arrived :) When she jumps up on the bed in the mornings she is actually shivering - poor thing :eek:

What an awesome pic CC :) I had a hairdo like that at one stage, after my brother tried to cut my hair and the hairdresser had to "fix" it. :rofl: I was only 4 and cried for ages and ages that all my hair was gone... still traumatised by it! :rofl:

I won't be there tommorow so Happy Burthday Mason!!! :eek: I have come down with an odd virus that saw me almost faint in my lab on Wednesday and I have been feeling a bit weak, doc says I should be ok and thinks I am fighting off the flu or something. :rofl:

love the pic CC!!! and the pig is just gorgeous :eek:

:) to Mason!!! have a great day tomorrow. Sorry I can't make it tomorrow but have an awesome time!!

U Day was today - :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D :D :D

at least 5 puppies :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D