Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

:( sort of dog related.... what is the best choice of lawn that is dog friendly and is not too greedy with water? So far I have been told Sir Walter, Palmeto and today I saw a lovely lawn that was Queensland Blue. The area I need to re-lawn is 11 x 8 and it has some shade from gum trees. Any thoughts???

We have palmetto in the shade and it is currently going crazy. Its a really nice lawn but did suffer badly when we had a dog on it. It didnt help we didnt give it enough time to establish before the dog dug it up. We had also never had lawn before so had no idea what we needed to do to to maintain it! The good old Kyk (used on most footy ovals) seems to work but isnt so popular in standard back yards.

Carey

Good luck to all who head to Bunno for the Obedience trials tomorrow.....I probably wont go :( We spent all day chucking out lime on our paddock, so I now have sore arms to go with my sore legs from rock scrambling the other day....Bloody holidays!!!

We spent the day at Meelup beach (past Dunsborough) on Thursday and spent an hour walking round the corner to find our Big Rock from our childhood......Then we had to walk back :thumbsup: ...The swimming was divine though, definitely heading back before I have to head back to work...

Zola has developed a disgusting habit!!!! :laugh: Counter surfing in the kitchen after her dinner!!!!! Piglet of a thing! Will have to reinstate the kitchen gate :cry: Shes so darn quiet about it too!!! Must be the only time she moves around without a sound - any other time shes a clompy, noisy beast!!

It is amazing how lazy you can teach dogs to be LOL. I get out of bed in the morning and the dogs stay there until I start heading towards the kitchen :laugh:

Oh and if you found a really wealthy guy you could give up work and have more time for the dogs :cry:

OK, but where does one find a really wealthy guy, so we can have more time with our dogs. :thumbsup: Only ones I ever use to find were the poor ones, now I figure I get more time with my dogs without one around anyway. :(

The trick is, to find a guy totally out of the dog scene, who absolutely adores you and will put up with anything you say (because you are his "angel"). Then, escalate the dog thing, (it is your emotional release !!). Before you know it you have your dogs, your sport, a devoted guy, and no worries about money. Sounds easy!!!!

Good luck to all who head to Bunno for the Obedience trials tomorrow.....I probably wont go :( We spent all day chucking out lime on our paddock, so I now have sore arms to go with my sore legs from rock scrambling the other day....Bloody holidays!!!

We spent the day at Meelup beach (past Dunsborough) on Thursday and spent an hour walking round the corner to find our Big Rock from our childhood......Then we had to walk back :thumbsup: ...The swimming was divine though, definitely heading back before I have to head back to work...

Zola has developed a disgusting habit!!!! :laugh: Counter surfing in the kitchen after her dinner!!!!! Piglet of a thing! Will have to reinstate the kitchen gate :cry: Shes so darn quiet about it too!!! Must be the only time she moves around without a sound - any other time shes a clompy, noisy beast!!

Oh meelup is divine. how were the stingers???

I wont be heading down my bro is living in bunbury at the moment and apparantally he is going to kill me because i asked a question rofl. Got to love drunken younger brothers who still are yet to grow up. Though to be fair i did ensure i organised and let daddy dearest know what is goin gon incase he does rock up at my door rofl.

I have a question :cry:

I am wondering if anyone has a copy of the 2 X 2 weaving DVD I could borrow please??

I know this is a really big ask and I will not be at all offended if no-one wishes to lend, but I thought I would put it out there.

Thank you :)

No stingers.............Ive never experienced stingers at Meelup!!!

Gotta love brothers, specially when they are young and drunk :cry:

Oh so totally its still going on this morning sigh. Its giving me a good laugh though he'll wake up one day after he has pushed us all away and be totally alone with no money at least i got a happy family and my dogs :)

Good about no stingers when we lived on caves road campsites they were everywhere

4239540439_c662646b17.jpg

The best place down there is just up from Meelup, you park at Eagle Bay and follow the little bush track around to the point, there is a little cove with rocks all around and the water there is beatiful. :laugh:

Edited by RallyValley

Nice pic RV, will put some up when I get around to it :laugh: Wow in all the time weve been going to Meelup, weve niver once struck stinger there!!

So how was the Obedience Trial at Bunno?????? Hot enough! Hope everyone and their dogs had a great & successful day :D

Well, my big red dog is broken again :D After last weeks bone eating session I was so overjoyed, so I gave them both another for yesterdays breakfast..................Wandy enjoyed hers immensely - but Zola looked at it like it was a big rock :cry: I give up :winner::cheer:

I had also bought some Dentastix (for BRD's teeth!) but they make her crook :D Looks like Ill be investing in a doggy toothbrush :eek:

Nice pic RV, will put some up when I get around to it :laugh: Wow in all the time weve been going to Meelup, weve niver once struck stinger there!!

So how was the Obedience Trial at Bunno?????? Hot enough! Hope everyone and their dogs had a great & successful day :D

Well, my big red dog is broken again :D After last weeks bone eating session I was so overjoyed, so I gave them both another for yesterdays breakfast..................Wandy enjoyed hers immensely - but Zola looked at it like it was a big rock :cry: I give up :winner::cheer:

I had also bought some Dentastix (for BRD's teeth!) but they make her crook :D Looks like Ill be investing in a doggy toothbrush :eek:

Poor Zola... must say my ridgies were a bit like that, they were quite fussy eaters, Mason is the opposite he will eat ANYTHING!!!

Boy was it hot in Bunbury yesterday, really tough on the obedience kids and tougher on their handlers :cry:

Hard to believe a lot of dogs were wearing cool coats in April!!!!

Last year's April trial in Bunbury was cold and windy and I was wearing a jacket and leggings under my jeans for most of the day!!

Yesterday was a stinker and yep I broke out the cool coats too. Will have to get the clips adjusted so they aren't so tight around the shoulders, then I can consider going into to stays with them wearing them next time :D

To whoever asked if any of the dogs had a successful day. Ptolomy and Cider came first in Novice in PM trial (no surprises there!! :laugh:), Scoota 1st and Brooklyn 2nd in UD (AM trial), and Millie came 1st in Open in PM trial (huuuuge surprise there!) Ruby was so close in morning and afternoon trials in Open, so very proud of her!! :)

Edited by RubyStar