Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I took the easy way out and used a website builder/host thingo. it is oh so easy to use :)

thats what i liked about angelfire. you click the pages you like how many columns etc you want add pages as you want it stores media. i am getting there lol still got lots of work to do but the majority about the dogs etc is out there now... and now i just need to get my girls hip and elbows done booked in for the 5th i pray they are good :hug:

and now i just need to get my girls hip and elbows done booked in for the 5th i pray they are good :hug:

Emery can I ask where you are getting them done and who will you send the X-rays too. I need to get Soggy's done at some point, and in another thread everybody advised to avoid 9 weeks after they have been in season - so will leave it another couple of months - but I would like to be organised and have a plan in my mind :)

and now i just need to get my girls hip and elbows done booked in for the 5th i pray they are good :hug:

Emery can I ask where you are getting them done and who will you send the X-rays too. I need to get Soggy's done at some point, and in another thread everybody advised to avoid 9 weeks after they have been in season - so will leave it another couple of months - but I would like to be organised and have a plan in my mind :thumbsup:

I am going to applecross. have been told if i ring them and tell them i am a dogswest memeber i can fill ina form and gt discount. I am not worrying as they are a way to travel and i only use them for xrays.

I am thinking dr lavalle (sp) for reading. Will check with my dogs breeder though but he i see a lot of rotti people have used and he has a quick turn around :laugh:

My girl started her season 28th of jan or there abouts and i am getting hers done. no proven info i saw the thread but i did her mum 2 months after her season and her results were hips 0.0 and elbows 0.0 don't elave it to close to her coming into season again though that is what i was told.

have been quoted $300 ish for xrays friend just had hers done for $250 maybe i got quoted the most so i am prepared my girl is about 38 kilos too which makes a difference :)

Hope this helps

Shall we have a joint venture? You take photos, I do the websites :thumbsup:

Deal :):laugh:

And I know I haven't sent my CV to you yet :thumbsup: but I'm procrastinating about getting back into IT at the moment :thumbsup: I called into a local groomers this morning and asked if they had any trainee positions available....the girl said she would speak to the owner who is due in later, as they have been talking about taking someone new on.....so hoping I get a phone call later today :hug:

Shall we have a joint venture? You take photos, I do the websites :thumbsup:

And I know I haven't sent my CV to you yet :thumbsup: but I'm procrastinating about getting back into IT at the moment :thumbsup: I called into a local groomers this morning and asked if they had any trainee positions available....the girl said she would speak to the owner who is due in later, as they have been talking about taking someone new on.....so hoping I get a phone call later today :hug:

good luck

Shall we have a joint venture? You take photos, I do the websites :cheer:

Good luck!

I'd kinda like to get out of IT too, and just do websites on the side for people. I would love to have enough money to buy a property, build some kennels and run dog kennels, and build websites on the side, and be able to live off that :thumbsup: Doesn't sound like that will ever be possible! Sigh :thumbsup:

I'd kinda like to get out of IT too, and just do websites on the side for people. I would love to have enough money to buy a property, build some kennels and run dog kennels, and build websites on the side, and be able to live off that :hug: Doesn't sound like that will ever be possible! Sigh :)

Stick to IT LOL kennels will keep you broke

Showdog you forgot to mention the selfish people who come afterhours to pick their dogs up because something was way more important - so you are left hanging around waiting....waiting.....waiting....

people are rude you should go out so they can't pick them up lol poor pets

Showdog you forgot to mention the selfish people who come afterhours to pick their dogs up because something was way more important - so you are left hanging around waiting....waiting.....waiting....

Yep .

I do love owning kennels & it works in well for being able to do things BUT 365 days of the year rain/hail or shine 24 hrs a day.

When we sell i will never do kennels again ,we have a great client base & luckily being a small kennel don't need to employ staff but you do spend alot of time & money on repairs,upgrading & being at peoples beck & call at all hrs .

Luckily we live here because we wanted the kennel setup & space for our show dogs & wanted to work from home so do full time grooming & boarding but its a never ending expense.

It would be nice to go to work 9/5 & come home & be finished but i do like being home with the woofers

We learnt ages ago no hanging around we either go for a drive or will not open or apply an after hrs opening charge of $100 that makes people think twice about not turning up during opening hrs or at the very least making special arrangement so all parties are aware of what is going on.

We had one couple ask us to tie the dogs to the pole outside as there plane landed at midnight & they would collect them as they drove through :happydance:

Luckily we are in a position to knock back serial offenders who simply don't care about us or the other dogs in boarding & believe because we live whats the big deal

I've realised every job has its drawbacks..

My poor mums house got broken into yesterday - it was like a fortress or so we thought.

Criminals must have been watching and with the dogs gone they made their move

Have you heard if your job is safe yet :happydance: Your poor mum indeed, how scary :happydance::cheers:

We had one couple ask us to tie the dogs to the pole outside as there plane landed at midnight & they would collect them as they drove through :champagne:

No way :cheers: You're not looking for a traineer groomer are you :cheer::happydance:

Hmmm yeah kennels would be a lot of work. How about just a life of luxury on the large(ish) property I have my heart set on, with lots of dogs and just spend my time hanging out with them and training them? :happydance:

On a different topic, yesterday I got home early afternoon because I had a TAFE thing I had to attend, so the dogs were not expecting me home so early. I snuck up quietly to the house and peered through the gate and was happy to find them snoozing away in the garden! What I wasn't happy to see though, was that Millie was snoozing in a nice big hole she dug in the sand :happydance: Oh well, I don't care if it's in the sand, and it was to cool her off I'm guessing!

On a different topic, yesterday I got home early afternoon because I had a TAFE thing I had to attend, so the dogs were not expecting me home so early. I snuck up quietly to the house and peered through the gate and was happy to find them snoozing away in the garden! What I wasn't happy to see though, was that Millie was snoozing in a nice big hole she dug in the sand :happydance: Oh well, I don't care if it's in the sand, and it was to cool her off I'm guessing!

Argh she has been taking lessons from Strauss!!!!!

We I have just come back from getting the car looked at.

The dogs and I have walked 10kms, they also had a short trip to the beach chasing an I-squeak, and we got stopped by heaps of people that wanted to ask Whippet questions and wanted pats, one lovely man wanted an older rescue so has been put onto WA Whippet Rescue. Love those public relations :happydance:

The dogs are flat on their sides snoozing and todays bike riding session has been cancelled!