Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Track West open day was great this morning!!

Ivy really got into it but I wasn't planning on training her, just Badger but after speaking with some of the trainers, I'm going to train them both. Going to take some effort in switching them over etc but I'm willing to do it.

Oh no I completely forgot about this! I was going to bring Bondi down to give it a go- her fave game is hide and seek :rofl:

WANTED: Home for very naughty imported red boy who has developed a chewing tendancy. Latest casualty vaccuum cleaner cord and mums shoe, needless to say - he isn't very popular!

:rofl: Kelari is the same think we can do a two for one offer??

OKay have been working on my webpage for my prefix/dogs for the last two weeks. i know its after midnight but i think i have finally finished and am ready to send it viral :( will get a friend to proof it first incase i made silly spelling errors doing it so late but i am a little excited and i had fun making it. no idea if its easy to navigate or if it has enough or not enough info etc. will have to ask for opinions when i send it viral :D

WANTED: Home for very naughty imported red boy who has developed a chewing tendancy. Latest casualty vaccuum cleaner cord and mums shoe, needless to say - he isn't very popular!

Hmm I think he can now add hole digger to his CV :laugh:

Hmm I think he can now add hole digger to his CV :laugh:

Well maybe he is telling you he needs more food :cheer: I have had a chewer - which is why my lounge chair has no arm any more :confused:

WA thread been very very quiet.....

It has been. My excuse is that I have been busy with ponies and that has been making me tired :laugh: On a good note I got to cancel my vet appointment this morning as Miss Raven obviously has a "show radar" and since the show was yesterday she is nearly completely sound today :laugh::cheers:

How exciting Emery :laugh:

I recently launched my own website last week and am trying to put everything I want on there... very happy with it so far :cheer:

How are you travelling after taking your mum to the airport last night?? Did Charlie also leave last night?

Mirawee - I will never complain about having to groom a dog again after looking at your horsey photos on facebook. I take my hat off to you - your hairdressing skills are way better than mine :cheers:

Good news about Miss Raven :confused:

How exciting Emery :laugh:

I recently launched my own website last week and am trying to put everything I want on there... very happy with it so far :cheer:

How are you travelling after taking your mum to the airport last night?? Did Charlie also leave last night?

Mirawee - I will never complain about having to groom a dog again after looking at your horsey photos on facebook. I take my hat off to you - your hairdressing skills are way better than mine :cheers:

Good news about Miss Raven :confused:

Ptolomy I'm doing ok :laugh: I held it together last night when she was going through the gate on her big adventure which was good although i think it's because i had a major breakdown yesterday arvo!!

Charlie goes in May (Dead on the day when Ari is due to whelp - perfect timing as always) so I'll get to spend some time with him til then!!

Mirawee - I will never complain about having to groom a dog again after looking at your horsey photos on facebook. I take my hat off to you - your hairdressing skills are way better than mine :laugh:

It probably takes longer to groom a poodle for a show than a horse ROFL. All up to fully prep a horse including washing, plaiting, trimming etc is probably around 3 hours or so. I have to admit I cheated this time and didn't do the plaits in Nova's mane (did her forelock and tail braid though) as she was off at a pro (her Sire's owner) getting prepped since I had the other two to deal with as well - not that either actually was sound enough to go to the show! Miss Raven was meant to be in the same classes as Miss Nova so it was too hard to do the two of them myself :confused:

WA thread been very very quiet.....

Busy job hunting :cheer: but with zero enthusiasm :laugh: Trouble i I have no passion for IT so I'm dragging my heels at the moment.....seriously considering another career change and wondering if I'm too old to learn dog grooming in my 40's........may ask round some groomers locally and see if any one will let me help out for a few days to see what it's really like?

How's Mason doing, any better with his allergies? I feel for you guys with allergic dogs, Louis has itchy feet but that's about the extent of it with him, BUT Indy our cat has been diagnosed with allergic asthma! so she now has a inhaler administered everyday. Luckily she's pretty laid back and doesn't mind the mask over her face too much :laugh:

Haha mirawee that takes me back to my days as a horse groom - on one yard we had about 12 horses to get ready every day for about 10 days over the Hickstead season :cheers: It's amazing what you can do at 18 :confused:

'showdog' post='5224770' date='28th Mar 2011 - 01:15 PM']Well the Royal Show schedule is out & us gundog folk have been split over 5 days :eek

OH Joy - any idea of the reasoning behind this??

Nope LOL

Sat 1 Oct Lab & irish Setters Plus part grp 6 team agility/jumping & games

sunday hounds plus agility,jumpingNovice/excellent/open/masters

monday Toys plus obedience

Tuesday 4 Oct Red/Whites & pointer plus Non Sporting & DWD

Wednesday Working dogs

Thursday 6 Oct Curly coat ,Goldens & spinone plus balance of Utility/specials

Friday 7 Oct Lagotto & weis plus Terriers

Sat 8 the rest of the gundogs plus BIS etc etc

Remember there is no public holiday on Monday

Edited by showdog

Well the Royal Show schedule is out & us gundog folk have been split over 5 days :hug:

Hmmm that would well and truly stop me entering! Imagine having to go twice! Once to compete for breed then again for group specials!!! And people who have more then one gundog breed might have to go 3 or more days :D Goodbye entries!