Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

That's sucky news on both fronts Mason :thumbsup::hug:

not sure if it will help at all, but with spartan, i used to put a t-shirt (sometimes two - one on front one on back) on him. It didn't stop the scratching but it certainly prevented sores from becoming infected and spreading. it's not as easy to do when they are outside but when they are inside it's good. you just have to lift their t-shirt up and fold it over if you let them out to pee.

Yeah I did that at one stage too, think I may need to start again. Pity its gonna be so hot today too. Maybe his allergies are worse because I am working now and he is outside for longer periods?

That's sucky news on both fronts Mason :provoke::birthday:

not sure if it will help at all, but with spartan, i used to put a t-shirt (sometimes two - one on front one on back) on him. It didn't stop the scratching but it certainly prevented sores from becoming infected and spreading. it's not as easy to do when they are outside but when they are inside it's good. you just have to lift their t-shirt up and fold it over if you let them out to pee.

Yeah I did that at one stage too, think I may need to start again. Pity its gonna be so hot today too. Maybe his allergies are worse because I am working now and he is outside for longer periods?

Did you manage to get an Urgent Derm appointment??? When did he have his last immunotherapy jab?

That's sucky news on both fronts Mason :provoke::birthday:

Did you manage to get an Urgent Derm appointment??? When did he have his last immunotherapy jab?

No they fully booked. Jab was 2 weeks plus ago...

Good news is that dermatology will squeeze us in at 17:30 today. Itchiness is not as bad but the flapping ears bothers me, 1 tip is swollen and worried he gets a heamatoma ( sp??) again like last time. There is also a little sore on it.

Good news is that dermatology will squeeze us in at 17:30 today. Itchiness is not as bad but the flapping ears bothers me, 1 tip is swollen and worried he gets a heamatoma ( sp??) again like last time. There is also a little sore on it.

Yep that is good news. Speaking to the Derm on Tuesday - she would like to close her books because she is so busy and taking on an allergy dog means taking it on for life. She had seen 16 dogs before us on Tuesday :laugh: .

I hope you get him sorted.

Yep that is good news. Speaking to the Derm on Tuesday - she would like to close her books because she is so busy and taking on an allergy dog means taking it on for life. She had seen 16 dogs before us on Tuesday :laugh: .

I hope you get him sorted.

Yip she is very busy and i think the other derm is still on maternity leave and the other guy is not fully qualified yet.

and the simple fact is that for whatever reason, dogs affected by allergies is on the rise... and it's just so hard to treat and never 100% cureable... :laugh:

Allergies in people are on the rise too. I have great respect to people who deal with allergy dogs. It would be so heartbreaking at times!

and the simple fact is that for whatever reason, dogs affected by allergies is on the rise... and it's just so hard to treat and never 100% cureable... :laugh:

Allergies in people are on the rise too. I have great respect to people who deal with allergy dogs. It would be so heartbreaking at times!

It is heartbreaking but also frustrating as sometimes u dont know whats setting them off!

Chatted to some people in the waiting room this evening while waiting for the derm and it made me very grateful. Their dog had spinal tumour and 2 ops have cost them $24k and dog must go to brisbane for radiation. Made masons allergies seem so insignificant in comparison. Their dog is paralysed for a few days after each surgery.

My sister (who also lives in Ellenbrook) has just had her Bull Arab at the vets for allergies- which he doesn't usually get. Started off with an infection in his feet and now is put down to allergies :)

So maybe there is something out that way setting them all of lately? :laugh:

Edited by boxagirl

My sister (who also lives in Ellenbrook) has just had her Bull Arab at the vets for allergies- which he doesn't usually get. Started off with an infection in his feet and now is put down to allergies :)

So maybe there is something out that way setting them all of lately? :laugh:

Yes it could be. My oh had bad sinus yesterday too. Not sure what vet your sister uses but barry at vital vet is excellent here in ellenbrook :)

:laugh: Yep that is her dogs Vet! (Well, Vital vet I know is for sure, but the name Barry rings a bell too!)

Trojan is her million dollar dog, she brought him for $50 and he has cost her thousands in vet bills - and her vet jokes that she is paying his mortgage :)

:laugh: Yep that is her dogs Vet! (Well, Vital vet I know is for sure, but the name Barry rings a bell too!)

Trojan is her million dollar dog, she brought him for $50 and he has cost her thousands in vet bills - and her vet jokes that she is paying his mortgage :)

She probably sees barry as he is the only vet there, on a monday tho he has another vet working for him. Between mason and trojan his mortgage is probably paid off!! What problems has trojan had?

A week after she got him he was diagnosed with a bone infection (or something along those lines) which was like a $3000 surgery, and now he isnt allowed to run or do a lot of exercise. He has had ear infections. ripped claws off, feet infections many times, He eats things he shouldn't (He swallowed a corn cob hole once, and he devoured all his anti-biotics from the vet in one go right out of their packet- I have never met a dog that actually likes the taste of anti-biotics!) and then he picks up things like kennel cough or gastro.

post-4216-1301062414_thumb.jpg

Edited by boxagirl

Kelari has the biggest hot spot she has ever had an is still losing fur around her eye and now her nose. doesn't appear to be mange or anything it is so gradual i wonder if that could be allergy related too?

Kelari has the biggest hot spot she has ever had an is still losing fur around her eye and now her nose. doesn't appear to be mange or anything it is so gradual i wonder if that could be allergy related too?

There was a dog that went in before us last night that had lost all facial hair !! QuitE bizarre

Guest english.ivy

Track West open day was great this morning!!

Ivy really got into it but I wasn't planning on training her, just Badger but after speaking with some of the trainers, I'm going to train them both. Going to take some effort in switching them over etc but I'm willing to do it.

If she loves doing it, why not :grouphug: Badger wasn't so keen but he found me hehe.

There was a dog that went in before us last night that had lost all facial hair !! QuitE bizarre

oh very weird hers is just a little spot one above right eye second on left eye and a bit on nose but i got our specialty next month too :grouphug: dogs lol