Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Ptolomy I fully understand your excitement - when I look through our reciepts from Buynnings I find two or more from consecutive days, or even two different trips in one day :love::cry:

My name is OSoSwift and we are addicted to bunnings...........................

Lovely horse there Mirawee, how come she landed in your paddock?

Brutus has been on Pred every second day for I think around 3 years now. It is for his spine but he has shocking skin allergies as well so it helps both problems. He was in bliss today in the crate ont eh back of the ute driving around checking cows. I even think he was smiling!

I confess to 3 trips to Bunnings today :cry: - but they weren't all my fault :love:

I am now the proud owner of

some more wash cloths for UDX

containers for the above wash clothes

a replacement sprinkler for the one I ran over with the ride on.

Came home to fix the sprinkler and my son had had a clean up and I couldn't find the little duvalackey to get the broken bit out of the retic pipe - so after a call to Adelaide to the son and 40 minutes looking for it - it was back to Bunnings to buy another one.

And then this arvo - I decided to put the blind up in the daughters bedroom and in the end needed to go back to Bunnings to buy a hammer drill - so now the blind is up, daughter is happy and I can't wait for Bunnings to be just down the road.

:cry: OSS I don't tend to shop at bunnings much but I can't resist going to find a bargain on training gear :o .

So what else should I be on the look out for at Bunnings :love: .

I should say my last trip to Bunnings for training gear resulted in me getting $50 and free gardening gloves. Hmmmmm note to Bunnings staff if I hand you a $50 note to pay don't go handing me back a $50 note in change and then arguing with me when I try and give it back and then leaving me waiting for a supervisor for another 15 minutes to "resolve" the issue.

Edited by ness

WOW tell us more.....

I bought her for a good cause :cry:

No really, I did :) There was an auction run by the Arabian Horse Society to raise funds for the Qld Flood victims. Mainly stallion services and gear but a few people had donated horses as well to auction off.

I had been looking for a purebred arabian filly for a while but was looking for a yearling and preferably a bay...

Fast forward and this little girl was donated to the auction by a breeder in WA. She is a 2yo Straight Egyption filly - and grey.

But 2 days before the auction ended noone had bid on her. And, well, it was for a good cause ;) :o

Her breeder drove 3 hours to drop her off for me - and then had to drive another 3 hours home! :love: And all they got in return was a cup of tea and some Anzac biscuits!

Didn't I tell you...Bunnings is addictive!!! My name is bedazzled and I am addicted to Bunnings....... :cry: Did you buy the reusable wipes..10 cloths for $4 something? I got 4 sets....bargain!!!! :love: oh plus a couple of mops to clean up after puppy!!!

I confess to 3 trips to Bunnings today :) - but they weren't all my fault :o

I am now the proud owner of

some more wash cloths for UDX

containers for the above wash clothes

a replacement sprinkler for the one I ran over with the ride on.

Came home to fix the sprinkler and my son had had a clean up and I couldn't find the little duvalackey to get the broken bit out of the retic pipe - so after a call to Adelaide to the son and 40 minutes looking for it - it was back to Bunnings to buy another one.

And then this arvo - I decided to put the blind up in the daughters bedroom and in the end needed to go back to Bunnings to buy a hammer drill - so now the blind is up, daughter is happy and I can't wait for Bunnings to be just down the road.

She's very pretty mirawee :)

WOW tell us more.....

I bought her for a good cause :cry:

No really, I did ;) There was an auction run by the Arabian Horse Society to raise funds for the Qld Flood victims. Mainly stallion services and gear but a few people had donated horses as well to auction off.

I had been looking for a purebred arabian filly for a while but was looking for a yearling and preferably a bay...

Fast forward and this little girl was donated to the auction by a breeder in WA. She is a 2yo Straight Egyption filly - and grey.

But 2 days before the auction ended noone had bid on her. And, well, it was for a good cause :rofl::o

Her breeder drove 3 hours to drop her off for me - and then had to drive another 3 hours home! :love: And all they got in return was a cup of tea and some Anzac biscuits!

WOW tell us more.....

I bought her for a good cause :)

No really, I did :) There was an auction run by the Arabian Horse Society to raise funds for the Qld Flood victims. Mainly stallion services and gear but a few people had donated horses as well to auction off.

But 2 days before the auction ended noone had bid on her. And, well, it was for a good cause :love::)

Her breeder drove 3 hours to drop her off for me - and then had to drive another 3 hours home! :) And all they got in return was a cup of tea and some Anzac biscuits!

Well I am convinced it was all for a good cause and she is so pretty which is the icing on the cake :) What did you end up calling her?

Didn't I tell you...Bunnings is addictive!!! My name is bedazzled and I am addicted to Bunnings....... :) Did you buy the reusable wipes..10 cloths for $4 something? I got 4 sets....bargain!!!! :) oh plus a couple of mops to clean up after puppy!!!

Yep the reusable wipes is what I ended up getting and I am really happy with them :) I am yet to find the perfect container to put them in though, and not looking forward to having to pack a set or two in the suitcase to Sydney. I will have no room for clothes!

Now a really important question for all those handypeople.

What am I doing wrong. I drill a hole in the wall and when I try and put a wall plug in - it only seems to go half way no matter how much banging I do. Please help.......

signed

slightly frustrated :)

What am I doing wrong. I drill a hole in the wall and when I try and put a wall plug in - it only seems to go half way no matter how much banging I do. Please help.......

signed

Either the depth of the hole isn't deep enough or the size of the plug is too big for the size of the hole. Can't be anything else :)

signed

Either the depth of the hole isn't deep enough or the size of the plug is too big for the size of the hole. Can't be anything else :)

My unhandy brain was thinking along the same lines :)

I'm another Bunnings addict, after making fun of my family for being addicts in previous years. I guess when you have your own place you soon discover the joys of places like Bunnings and Ikea :) I remember the exact moment I knew I was growing up... I was standing and admiring a table runner at Ikea :love::)

I dont like Bunnings because my husband spends hours in there and if I go with while he 'quickly gets something' we are there more than half the day!! Drives me crazy and we also end up spending far too much money there.

This heat is still crazy -having doubts about the classic on friday its going to be way way too hot. What time does it start and what time do I need to be there? And will there be food etc ?

signed

The plug should reasonably easily into the hole, ie not loose, but not so tight you really have to belt it in there.

OH is thrilled your all so excited about all the new bunnings stores opening up - he's their state marketing manager.

The service is always heaps better at their new stores.

We spend way too much time and money there! Bunnings pays money into our account and we give it straight back to them :)