Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I think Danes are on the Friday and Monday if I remember rightly.... you may see me in the ring with one LOL!

There arent too many being shown these days....

Hey R&H - will have to catch up on the Friday night - I will probably have cake :shrug: Mmmmmm, Great Danes are such lovely dogs!!

If I can trek it up I want to see as much of the Western Classic as possible! Whats on what days and who is competing?

Rach, I will be there Friday & Saturday nights, would love to meet you, and any other DOLers I havent yet met!!!

Thanks so much!! :shrug: I don't think I'll be able to make the Danes, but will be there to look at the Aussies!

Don't forget to check the Aussies over at the Agility too, we will be keeping Mirrawee on the run with two of them there and there is also the fabulous Brooklyn owned and run by Bdazzeled.

All three have done their stint in the showring and are Champions, Brookie has a whole alphabet of titles after his name too as well as also being a duel champion. There is also a blue merle boy who will probabaly be in the Agility too and possiably a red merle youngster visiting (I think still to young to be entered). So there's at least 4 or 5 Aussies.

In the conformation ring there should be a couple of recent American imports including a blue eyed black tri and while there hasn't been many in the ring for a while some will usually come out of the woodwork for the classic.

Thanks so much!! :shrug: I don't think I'll be able to make the Danes, but will be there to look at the Aussies!

Don't forget to check the Aussies over at the Agility too, we will be keeping Mirrawee on the run with two of them there and there is also the fabulous Brooklyn owned and run by Bdazzeled.

All three have done their stint in the showring and are Champions, Brookie has a whole alphabet of titles after his name too as well as also being a duel champion. There is also a blue merle boy who will probabaly be in the Agility too and possiably a red merle youngster visiting (I think still to young to be entered). So there's at least 4 or 5 Aussies.

In the conformation ring there should be a couple of recent American imports including a blue eyed black tri and while there hasn't been many in the ring for a while some will usually come out of the woodwork for the classic.

I have just picked up our dog walk and seesaw. So now have pretty much all the equipment to train properly, except for a tyre jump at this stage.

How cool is that. Getting stuck into training now, anyone want to go agility training at my house :eek:

I'd love to, but unfortunately just a teeny bit far to go. :shrug: Okay, you have to post pictures of your Agility setup so that we can all drool over it and be jealous. Well maybe not all of us, I see someone with lots of red dogs has a nice looking home setup too.

If I can trek it up I want to see as much of the Western Classic as possible! Whats on what days and who is competing?

Friday 4th - Obedience

Saturday 5th - Agility and Jumping

Sunday 6th - Agility Games

Monday 7th - Agility and Jumping Teams

I am entered every night except for Sunday, but will probably come up anyway and float about between the show rings and agility like I've done the past few years :eek:

Rach, I will be there Friday & Saturday nights, would love to meet you, and any other DOLers I havent yet met!!!

Come and say hi on Friday or Sat night on the lower oval! And bring your cake :D :shrug:

I have just picked up our dog walk and seesaw. So now have pretty much all the equipment to train properly, except for a tyre jump at this stage.

How cool is that. Getting stuck into training now, anyone want to go agility training at my house :eek:

I'd love to, but unfortunately just a teeny bit far to go. :thumbsup: Okay, you have to post pictures of your Agility setup so that we can all drool over it and be jealous. Well maybe not all of us, I see someone with lots of red dogs has a nice looking home setup too.

Will do :(

It's old gear but it works, so I hope we can get the dogs going well. Now just to work on the handler :love:

I am going down on the friday night to do my trial and I may go down one other night to see the labs if I get the motivation

Edited by Mason2009

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday for OES and Weimaraners... I wish i could get down to watch some agility but the OES takes a lot of day before and before ring preparation :thumbsup: and usually by the time the OES are out of the ring I'm just about ready to go in for the Weims!!

Has anyone who is showing received their envelope/numbers back for the show? I haven't received mine yet!

How did you get on last night Mason2009 :(

It was ok, not his best ringwork but I was pleased he did not drop in the sit stay :eek: He kept missing is auto sits last night, however he has had a real bad smell coming off him since yesterday morning, I bathed him etc and its still there, I suspect his anal glands need cleaning so this may be why he did not give 100% last night. I also think that I maybe walk different when I am nervous and so he gets confused by this - anyway its stuff to work on even though out the ring his auto sits and usually good :thumbsup: but we would have passed both rounds if it had been a real trial.

Next fri if he misses an auto sit should I say sit or just leave him, either way I lose points??? :love:

I also think that I maybe walk different when I am nervous and so he gets confused by this

Yup yup yup! When I am nervous, my dogs either lag behind me and look worried, or they are majorly distracted by everything around them. I went in nice and calm last night and Ruby didn't show her usual distracted behaviour she has been exhibiting in the ring lately. Now if I can just keep control of myself in the upcoming lot of trials, we might be in with a fighting chance with our first Open pass at some stage because her other exercises are looking good :thanks: