Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Is any agility/obedience people going to be down there tonight??

I will be there with Hemi.... doubt there will be many Westies, so if you see someone looking a bit lost feel free to say Hi!

Im bringing my sister down with her border collie x too.

My families houses are safe - thank god, my heart goes out to those 41 people who were notified they dont have a home to go back to this morring :p and those that are still impacted upon... Its such a tragedy... Have to thank our fireys and emergency crews who have been fighting these fires over the past 48 hours, they must be exhausted.. They are doing a super job! :)

hey CnR, RallyVally, RS and i will be there... my friends are going down tonight as well, their first time with their first dog, a Beagle... should be interesting to see!!

I've been told by my friend in Baskerville that the FESA update is wrong for that area, and that they are back at their home and safe...

Is any agility/obedience people going to be down there tonight??

I will be there with Hemi.... doubt there will be many Westies, so if you see someone looking a bit lost feel free to say Hi!

Yup I'll be there with Louis - there's only one of him so come and say hi if you spot us :cheer: I'm starting obedience with him again too as only got a a few classes at the end of last year, so want to start from scratch with him.....for my sake as much as his :)

ST - hope your friend stays safe :p

Ok, question

The SRA&OC (i think thats the right abbreviation) who are holding the classes

They say that its $40 for single membership and $50 for family membership, does this mean two people and two dogs can come under a family membership for $50??? My sister is thinking of bringing her OH (they live together) and their other dog along too.

When it says small fee weekly for lights etc, how much is this small fee?

hey CnR, RallyVally, RS and i will be there... my friends are going down tonight as well, their first time with their first dog, a Beagle... should be interesting to see!!

I've been told by my friend in Baskerville that the FESA update is wrong for that area, and that they are back at their home and safe...

Hemi has been taught the basics - sit and drop... however he gets these muddled from time to time... However last time I took him to the k9 for a visit, he completely forgot I existed!!! :)

Ok, question

They say that its $40 for single membership and $50 for family membership, does this mean two people and two dogs can come under a family membership for $50??? My sister is thinking of bringing her OH (they live together) and their other dog along too.

If there are two people from the same family who live together then yes they should only pay the $50. They also pay light money for each person each week that they attend. Light money is usually between $2 and $5 depending on the club.

Ok, question

That all sounds about right Roxy. And the small weekly fee where I go is only $2 per week so yours wouldn't be too different I don't think. I swear most poeple don't even pay it because they all park at the opposite end of the grounds where the class is held and don;t even venture towards the clubroom.

Fairly sure the fee is still $3, which i think it's reasonable (although to show how long I've been going there, when my mum started training our sparky, the same club charged $1 a session!). I don't know how much training I'll be doing tonight though... I have thought about starting Ari again in a structured obedience class, but i am not sure how she'll go. We've been working on focus, but she still gets so distracted. Maybe I won't bring her... perhaps I'll just bring James down for a visit.

WAtoday is reporting at least 59 homes lost in the Roleystone fire so far :) They said it's 95% under control but still battling one flank which could go again if the wind picks up

:p

Think I'm quickly reassessing my goals to move out that way....

Fairly sure the fee is still $3, which i think it's reasonable (although to show how long I've been going there, when my mum started training our sparky, the same club charged $1 a session!). I don't know how much training I'll be doing tonight though... I have thought about starting Ari again in a structured obedience class, but i am not sure how she'll go. We've been working on focus, but she still gets so distracted. Maybe I won't bring her... perhaps I'll just bring James down for a visit.

Cmon... bring Ari.... Then it wont be just me with a distracted dog!

I told my sister if her BC x is feral, I will swap with her and she can take Hemi.

Lights were $3 last year, and our savvy instructor collects from the class during the session :p so no getting away with it :cheer:

Very savvy indeed! :):clap: I always pay because I think it's such a small amount and well worth every cent. They haven't changed their membership or lights money for over 6 years now, can't complain about that! :p

Regarding the fires in Perth - would it be ok to put up a link for MDBA Pacers on facebook does anyone think???

Ive been trying to think how I could help, and being 3 hours south of Perth feel totally useless.....Have been thinking about all those poor animals all day, and their distressed owners!!! :heart:

Anyone collecting for them?? Money or stuff??

Think I may visit BP&G in Bunbury tomorrow and see if they are collecting donations :laugh:

My heart goes out to all those affected and their families :laugh: :laugh:

My mum texted me today to say that my old dogs have gone downhill fast and she is having them PTS at home on thursday - I feel really guilty about not being there for them.

That's sad but good too. You have been saying for a while now that they haven't been too good.

At least your Mum is having someone come to her home, that will be nicer for the dogs. :heart:

My mum texted me today to say that my old dogs have gone downhill fast and she is having them PTS at home on thursday - I feel really guilty about not being there for them.

That's sad but good too. You have been saying for a while now that they haven't been too good.

At least your Mum is having someone come to her home, that will be nicer for the dogs. :heart:

Yes gabby hates going to the vet so it will be much better for them, and they have no quality of life anyway - no trips to park, no walks etc so its a sad sad life for them which is why I think they ages so much when I left.