Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Page two! :laugh:

Hope all the dogs that had to go to the vets are ok.

Poor Jenna i hope she is over her Phantom soon... Ari's aren't that bad but she drives me insane as well :laugh:

thought I'd share a couple of pics that my sister took of James for me before she left...

IMG_3641.jpg

IMG_3658_edited-2.jpg

IMG_3677_edited-1.jpg

Guest RosieFT

Sorry to hear of all the dogs having to have vet visits and hope they are all ok!!

I think i have a dog with a very HIGH pain threshhold! I always knew she was tough, but youch! This morning i took her for a walk to the local creek for a good run and sniff around and to be a proper dog.. anyway, i was looking at tadpoles and Rosie suddenly starts sneezing and sneezing... so i go and look in her nose and see two looong black legs/antennae (wasn't sure) sticking out and a red bottomed insect... i tried pulling on the leg and it didn't come out - must admit i was scared of pulling it out and being bitten/stung myself! Then i look down and there are around 25 mosquitoes noshing me so i just yell come rosie and run as fast as i can and she bolts on past me. No whimpering, no crying.. i call her back.. and squash her nostril to at least kill whatever is in there... anyway, finally get it out and it is a HUGE red and black and with the biggest pincers you have seen. It's head actually came off in the struggle to get it all out. It was about 1 cm long.

It must have hurt like anything but she made not a sound, and apart from the multiple sneeze attack, would not have known there was a problem!

I guess when you are bred to flush foxes out of burrows, what is an ant bite up the nose?

Sorry to hear of all the dogs having to have vet visits and hope they are all ok!!

I think i have a dog with a very HIGH pain threshhold! I always knew she was tough, but youch! This morning i took her for a walk to the local creek for a good run and sniff around and to be a proper dog.. anyway, i was looking at tadpoles and Rosie suddenly starts sneezing and sneezing... so i go and look in her nose and see two looong black legs/antennae (wasn't sure) sticking out and a red bottomed insect... i tried pulling on the leg and it didn't come out - must admit i was scared of pulling it out and being bitten/stung myself! Then i look down and there are around 25 mosquitoes noshing me so i just yell come rosie and run as fast as i can and she bolts on past me. No whimpering, no crying.. i call her back.. and squash her nostril to at least kill whatever is in there... anyway, finally get it out and it is a HUGE red and black and with the biggest pincers you have seen. It's head actually came off in the struggle to get it all out. It was about 1 cm long.

It must have hurt like anything but she made not a sound, and apart from the multiple sneeze attack, would not have known there was a problem!

I guess when you are bred to flush foxes out of burrows, what is an ant bite up the nose?

OUCH - poor Rosie!!!!

Thanks RS :laugh: I'm bummed that some of the photos turned out a little out of focus... but I'm so happy that I got some good photos of him.apparently, he is quite photogenic when you have a good camera and some talent!

My fave is the first photo you posted of him :laugh: but I really don't think he could take a bad photo, even with a bad photographer!

Well I nearly killed Daisy yesterday through my own stupid, stupid, stupidity :cheer:

Came home about 10:30pm after a barbie with friends to find a manic Daisy - she had eaten most of a bar of 85% chocolate :party: So she has been at the emergency vet all night, it was touch and go at one point, heart rate of 280 and 2lts of fluid in and only 300ml out via the urethrae catheter (sp?) :) She finally started letting the fluid back out of her system, but has had a very high heart rate most of the night. They made her vomit when we first got there and a load of it came back up, but 85% cocoa is such a strong dose for a little dog.

We had to take her to our regular vet this morning, so she is now there on an iv drip and has had more charcoal. Her heart rate is still 180 so still really worried about her, but we thought we were losing her at one point in the night :birthday: Hopefully the heart rate will drop as the poison flushes out of her system.

They made Louis vomit too, as although I was 90% sure it was Daisy who got it all we had to check. Luckily he was ok.

It's all our fault - the MIL bought the chocolate and left it on the table, I had registered it a couple of times, but just totally forgot to move it :dancingelephant: now poor little Daisy has gone through all of this because of me :(

I hope all other dogs that have been to the vets over the past couple of days are doing ok :happydance2:

Well I nearly killed Daisy yesterday through my own stupid, stupid, stupidity :cheer:

Came home about 10:30pm after a barbie with friends to find a manic Daisy - she had eaten most of a bar of 85% chocolate :party: So she has been at the emergency vet all night, it was touch and go at one point, heart rate of 280 and 2lts of fluid in and only 300ml out via the urethrae catheter (sp?) :) She finally started letting the fluid back out of her system, but has had a very high heart rate most of the night. They made her vomit when we first got there and a load of it came back up, but 85% cocoa is such a strong dose for a little dog.

We had to take her to our regular vet this morning, so she is now there on an iv drip and has had more charcoal. Her heart rate is still 180 so still really worried about her, but we thought we were losing her at one point in the night :birthday: Hopefully the heart rate will drop as the poison flushes out of her system.

They made Louis vomit too, as although I was 90% sure it was Daisy who got it all we had to check. Luckily he was ok.

It's all our fault - the MIL bought the chocolate and left it on the table, I had registered it a couple of times, but just totally forgot to move it :dancingelephant: now poor little Daisy has gone through all of this because of me :(

I hope all other dogs that have been to the vets over the past couple of days are doing ok :happydance2:

HUgs to you - and stop beating yourself up - we have all been in this boat at some time and the best news is that she is still fighting. Lets hope she improves and we all want you to keep us updated.

hang in there.....

Oh dear CC :dancingelephant: How unlucky!

Bilby was a Doler here (RIP Louise) who found Dogzonline because her dog had found and eaten a stash of her son's cannibis! Her dog was OK from memory, but they do try you at times!

I hope Daisy continues to fight and overcome her chocolate feast ..... and glad to hear Louis was OK!