Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Woohoo go Strauss!!! I need someone to explain to me (again :p) how this show thing works. At what stage does one go up for something in Group?

Poor Cider, hope she's ok?? How'd she do it? ;)

I'll be at K9 tonight if it's not raining (too hard) and there are others there also :laugh: I hope it rains a bit today, we sure need it! Dogs have free run of the back room today along with the backyard in case it rains - spoilt puppies! :D

Woo Hoo!!! Well done Ptolomy and Strauss!!!! Poor Soggy... :laugh:

After a crappy day (Soggy cut her foot :D ) tonight we got our first show ribbon ever (and now I know how newby obedience people feel when they get their first pass) when .....

Strauss got best puppy in Group ;)

I had no idea what happens after group has finished as I am usually home tucked up in bed :p

I am joining up with a lady in Landsdale tonight at the park there as the sports club have lights on in winter so it will be real helpful. Not sure if its going to be every monday but the reason we meeting up is I need someone to call rounds for me as I am not used to it and I need all the help I can get before the Classic!!

Ralley you may know the lady from retrieving she has 3 black flatcoats?? She also does tracking.

I am joining up with a lady in Landsdale tonight at the park there as the sports club have lights on in winter so it will be real helpful. Not sure if its going to be every monday but the reason we meeting up is I need someone to call rounds for me as I am not used to it and I need all the help I can get before the Classic!!

Ralley you may know the lady from retrieving she has 3 black flatcoats?? She also does tracking.

Landsdale looks like it is even further then K9! :laugh: Will have to come one time, I know who you mean and it would be fun to see the 4 black retrievers all playing :p

Woohoo go Strauss!!! I need someone to explain to me (again :p) how this show thing works. At what stage does one go up for something in Group?

Step 1 - dogs compete in their appropriate class

Step 2 - all dog winners (over 6 months) compete against each other for Dog CC; same with Bitches - then DCC and BCC compete for BOB

Step 3 - winners of each class compete against the oppposite sex winner to get Class of Breed (except in the class where BOB/ruBOB come from)

Step 4 - BOB winners compete for BIG

Step 5 - Class of Breed winners compete for Class in Group (except in the class where BIG/ruBIG are from)

Step 6 - BIG winners compete for BIS

Step 7 - Class in Group winners compete for Class in show (except in the class where BIS/ruBIS are from)

Clear as mud? :laugh:

Landsdale looks like it is even further then K9! :laugh: Will have to come one time, I know who you mean and it would be fun to see the 4 black retrievers all playing :p

Ralley we can meet up to train one night closer to you and Tiggy though, dont know if I will be going to Landsdale every week so if you and Tiggy pick a time and a place which is central to all of us I am happy to meet up.

Ralley we can meet up to train one night closer to you and Tiggy though, dont know if I will be going to Landsdale every week so if you and Tiggy pick a time and a place which is central to all of us I am happy to meet up.

ETA Landsdale is only 8 mins from me Ralley so I am sure it would not be that far for you??

Woohoo go Strauss!!! I need someone to explain to me (again ;)) how this show thing works. At what stage does one go up for something in Group?

Step 1 - dogs compete in their appropriate class

Step 2 - all dog winners (over 6 months) compete against each other for Dog CC; same with Bitches - then DCC and BCC compete for BOB

Step 3 - winners of each class compete against the oppposite sex winner to get Class of Breed (except in the class where BOB/ruBOB come from)

Step 4 - BOB winners compete for BIG

Step 5 - Class of Breed winners compete for Class in Group (except in the class where BIG/ruBIG are from)

Step 6 - BIG winners compete for BIS

Step 7 - Class in Group winners compete for Class in show (except in the class where BIS/ruBIS are from)

Clear as mud? :laugh:

Think I need a drink now :p

ETA Landsdale is only 8 mins from me Ralley so I am sure it would not be that far for you??

You are about a 1/2 hour drive from me ;) I live about 4kms south east of Midland. I will have to see if Boya Oval has lights on on Monday nights.... thats just up the road from me :D

So whats puppy of the year and how does that work.

No idea how Soggy cut her foot - but I came inside and went :laugh: there was blood everywhere, walls, floor, rugs. Hmm I then has to work out by process of emilination which dog it was - not easy when you have 8.

INteresting I put Soggy in a crate so I could clean up and you would have thought I had beaten her every day of her life. So later that afternoon we played some crate games and in the end I had each of the kids running into the crate by name and dropping waiting for their rewards. Note to self I must do some more of this before we head East.

No idea how Soggy cut her foot - but I came inside and went :laugh: there was blood everywhere, walls, floor, rugs. Hmm I then has to work out by process of emilination which dog it was - not easy when you have 8.

INteresting I put Soggy in a crate so I could clean up and you would have thought I had beaten her every day of her life. So later that afternoon we played some crate games and in the end I had each of the kids running into the crate by name and dropping waiting for their rewards. Note to self I must do some more of this before we head East.

Puppy of the Year was what was on on Friday night ;) Dogs qualify by winning baby, minor or puppy in group. They are then judged in two sections - under 12 months at the close of entries (Junior) and over 12 months at COE (Senior). Judging is at group level first and each dog is gone over by 4 judges and awarded points. The dog with the highest points is then awarded Group x Junior/Senior Puppy of the Year. The winners of each group then compete against the other group winners for Junior/Senior Puppy of the Year again with 3-4 judges judging each dog and then the Junior and Senior overall winner compete for WA Puppy of the Year :D

I did Junior POY with Banjo just to get a Kelpie in the ring and he shocked me by winning Group 5! In points I think only the Senior group 5 winner (who is now a Grand Ch) beat him :p

Feet injuries bleed a lot - I have had a dog cut the pad and you would have thought he had cut his leg off! Luckily they also heal quickly usually.

Edited by mirawee

Paw cuts bleed A LOT!! My ridgeback cut her foot once and there was blood everywhere, and she was a big sissy she limped as if her life was coming to an end!

I did not crate train Mason as a pup, and I'm a bit sorry I didn't. When i first started using his crate he hated it! I think he is a bit claustraphobic though as in the big one I bought off GR's he is as quiet as a mouse and I actually think he likes it! And best of all there is enough room for new addition to fit in there too!

Sophie's at the Vet today for her leg. Just getting put under so they can further investigate but I think the cruciate op is inevitable :cheer: .

:happydance2: Let us know how she gets on and dare I ask do you have HBF :happydance:

no HBF just my credit card :champagne: Pet insurance wouldn't have covered it anyway because she did the left cruciate already and legs come in pairs ;)

I haven't had a chance to read the thread for the last couple of days but just wanted to say a huge WELL DONE to Rusky for organising the fundraiser. i am sorry I couldn't make it down - my sister leaving on Sunday meant dinner on Friday night and no time to come down to the canine... it's a shame as it sounds like it was great fun!!

Sophie's at the Vet today for her leg. Just getting put under so they can further investigate but I think the cruciate op is inevitable :( .

:laugh: Let us know how she gets on and dare I ask do you have HBF :laugh:

no HBF just my credit card :( Pet insurance wouldn't have covered it anyway because she did the left cruciate already and legs come in pairs :(

If you had her covered from a pup though they would have to cover it then though right?? I am so glad I got Mason insured before I knew he had allergies or else I would have been in big trouble....

New pup will be covered before he comes home.