Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hi everyone

Fairly new to site as I have just acquired a new mate in the form of Stella the Stafford. We have two adult cats who aren't too comfortable with her but don't fight which is good.(just a bit of hissing and hiding). The cats have learnt to go high for safety and we put their food high so Stella doesnt eat it and so they have peace when eating. Is there any other tips to keep the household happy. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Also any good puppy training classes or trainers anyone would recommend south of the river.

What I did is keep my pup on a lead when he was inside with the cats for the first week, he soon learned not to chase them etc :(

Thankyou Mason2009.

Good to find a site to help as really want to get a good start with our new addition

Many thanks

And for those wanting some entertainment, here are 2 Labradors running a jumping course last night :laugh: I think the entertainment comes from the dopey handler's running style :D But Ruby ran a clear round and Millie tried so hard with her lack of training so I couldn't be happier!! :(

Ruby:

Millie:

The true entertainment comes from the Strat Pairs round, but that video will stay shelved for the moment :laugh:

Wolf was a pain in the butt at last nights show- he thought someone was in season, so his nose was glued to the ground and he didn't show well :(

Hopefully he isn't this distracted when obedience goes back!!

I saw you for like 1/4 of a second! I had a very rushy night because I started work at 10pm so I couldn't stop and chat. :D

I saw you for like 1/4 of a second! I had a very rushy night because I started work at 10pm so I couldn't stop and chat.

:( Wow very rushed! I didn't get home from the show until after 12! :laugh:

I'm first in tonight (yay reverse order) so I might get to leave early :D

Wolf was a pain in the butt at last nights show- he thought someone was in season, so his nose was glued to the ground and he didn't show well :thumbsup:

Hopefully he isn't this distracted when obedience goes back!!

I saw you for like 1/4 of a second! I had a very rushy night because I started work at 10pm so I couldn't stop and chat. :wave:

i saw you too for a few seconds lol. not sure if you realised it was me waving.

i think squid may be ahving a silent season so could of been her sorry loz an old stud dog was rather itnerested in her last night and he has never been before so i don't know.

Well done Rusky on organising it - you must be glad it's over! You did a great job at such short notic :thumbsup:

I had fun although didn't really end up doing much - some recalls, a jumping run and photo shoots :) Slack as.

And you were still one of the last to leave after the lights went out :rofl:

Last night was awesome, thanks so much Rusky for organising and I really hope we raised a lot of funds! :wave:

I managed to cram a bit in last night but would have liked to do one more jumping round with Ruby. I did an Open obedience round with both girls, a novice jumping course (with weavers) with Ruby, novice agility with Millie (proud of her! we didn't execute the weaves very well as she was only 1 day into actually weaving all 12 :D but the rest was good!), did the tunnel challenge with Millie, then a novice agility round with bedazzled's Brooklyn - soooo much different to handle than my girls (obviously!) Where I have plenty of time to get a front cross in with my girls, I was too late with him, causing him to knock a bar. He was a lot of fun, hopefully you'll let me run him again bedazzled :)

Well done Candice and Mason on their CCD round, it was lovely to watch!! I didn't get to watch your CCD round mirawee but you said it was good so yay :D :D

I did some heelwork with Ruby in a ring by ourselves and she worked beautifully, but couldn't execute the same with a judge. I think we both just can't perform well with a judge, too much pressure and distraction :( I have a personal challenge I need to overcome, and that is my ring nerves to get the best out of my dogs!!

we raised what I thought was a good bit of money which is going to MDBA PACERS. Final not tallied yet but over 3 grand :) not bad with less than a week to organise. What I loved the most was all the sports getting together..obedience people having a go at tunnels and agility people doing obedience rounds and Rally O. I heard a few people remarking on how well their dogs had gone for them in an untrained area...very exciting :D I think one of the funniest was getting you guys to leave your dogs in stay position during the round to come and pick up a raffle prize RS ;)

Thanks WA dog community...you rock

Over 3 grand? AWESOME!!!! :D

Well done again on such a great event put together in such short notice!

Brilliant clip Tiggy :)

Although not only does the poor baby have to go to drastic measures to get a comfortable bed but he has to try and resort to extreme measures to feed himself too :D You better be careful or he might report you to the RSPCA :)

He is getting big too!

Brilliant clip Tiggy ;)

Although not only does the poor baby have to go to drastic measures to get a comfortable bed but he has to try and resort to extreme measures to feed himself too :) You better be careful or he might report you to the RSPCA :)

He is getting big too!

:D

After a crappy day (Soggy cut her foot :) ) tonight we got our first show ribbon ever (and now I know how newby obedience people feel when they get their first pass) when .....

Strauss got best puppy in Group :)

I had no idea what happens after group has finished as I am usually home tucked up in bed :D

After a crappy day (Soggy cut her foot :) ) tonight we got our first show ribbon ever (and now I know how newby obedience people feel when they get their first pass) when .....

Strauss got best puppy in Group :)

I had no idea what happens after group has finished as I am usually home tucked up in bed :D

Well done Strauss that explains why i got to meet them tonight you had to hang around rofl ;)

They are gorgeous and isn't it the best feeling well one i am still aiming for.

My friends rotti got short listed for junior in group thought she had it judge had eyes for her walked almost all the way over then looked over at the akita then awarded akita. :) oh well next time

Good luck with in show how did he go?

Yay go Strauss! Congratulations on the win.

And well done for choosing to get it at a show they give ribbons out at too :laugh:

Oh and you do know he is now eligible for Puppy of the Year next year too ;)

Forgot to say, hugs and healing vibes to Soggy :p

Edited by mirawee

Strauss got best puppy in Group :D

I had no idea what happens after group has finished as I am usually home tucked up in bed ;)

Yay Strauss!!!!! :laugh: It must have been that massive jackpot on Sat after coming out of the ring ;) :p

Are people heading to K9 tonight?

Edited by RallyValley

After a crappy day (Soggy cut her foot ;) ) tonight we got our first show ribbon ever (and now I know how newby obedience people feel when they get their first pass) when .....

Strauss got best puppy in Group :p

I had no idea what happens after group has finished as I am usually home tucked up in bed :laugh:

Thats awesome Ptolomy and Strauss well done

I had no idea what happens after group has finished as I am usually home tucked up in bed ;)

Yay Strauss!!!!! :laugh: It must have been that massive jackpot on Sat after coming out of the ring ;) :p

I have my on monday night training group now, ( if 2 is a group lol) tonight it the first night, quite excited.

Yay Strauss!!!!! :laugh: It must have been that massive jackpot on Sat after coming out of the ring :laugh: :p

I have my on monday night training group now, ( if 2 is a group lol) tonight it the first night, quite excited.

Where is it? In Ellenbrook? ;) (If it's close I might come join at some stage)

Yay Strauss!!!!! :laugh: It must have been that massive jackpot on Sat after coming out of the ring :laugh: :p

Where is it? In Ellenbrook? ;) (If it's close I might come join at some stage)

yes details please :laugh: