Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

i saw the tollers tonight they were in the ring beside us :coffee:

kelari got puppy of breed but got no further. she is behaving nicely now so very happy with her :cry: now if she would just eat rofl.

I met ozjen tonight briefly for about a minue before the hubby started calling for help to pack up lol.

was a lovely night in all though :)

I encountered my first snotty old bag of cottesloe this morning :rofl: Was out early-ish with the pooches and on the way back a couple of older women with dogs were waiting to cross a quiet side road. The road was clear, but I think they were waiting for us to get closer to say hello maybe? I got closer and smiled and said 'not closer please as my dog is scared of other dogs', I got glared at and they walked on while I held back. They stopped at the corner shop where we were stopping too, so I stood round the corner from them. As they left they walked past and Louis did a bit of squealing and they said 'poor dog probably just wants to play with the other dogs, that's why he's barking :laugh: So I said 'no he has fear aggression due to being kept in a crate for the first few years of his life!' but they just blanked me and walked on muttering - grrrrrr.

I've seen one of them a few time before - next time I see her I will politely and calmly explain Louis's situation - if she can bring herself to stop and speak to me that is :)

On another note, the little chi x that we rescued a couple of weeks back was in the local paper this week, apparently the ranger took him into the new temporary Claremont council office where he made friends with everyone :rofl: He is such a sweetie, so at least he's had his face in the paper and hopefully someone will recognise him, or he'll find a new home soon :rofl:

i saw the tollers tonight they were in the ring beside us :)

kelari got puppy of breed but got no further. she is behaving nicely now so very happy with her :rofl: now if she would just eat rofl.

You should have come and said HI - Rubystar was with me and Fetchemup was helping me :rofl: Cider beat Strauss so its now 3:2 in her favour.

Well done with Kelari :laugh:

Hi all, I'm hoping someone knows of a vet in Perth (pref south of the river) who does half price desexing?

No, I don't have another dog, but one of the ladies in the street has helped rescue a staff cross something called a mastiff. (definately part staffy, she has the smile down pat. Colour is fawn with black mask,lovely dog) She's not sure if she will be able to keep Karma due to seeking employment, I'm trying to help her get Karma either easy to handle and keep (which she would like to do) or ready for a new home which means desexing and basic education. She doesn't really like to take money from people, (I already offered) so a low cost desexing clinic would really help.

Young Karma (6months) picked up clicker stuff and offering sits in about 10 min this afternoon - I've dropped off some chewing toys (not used here) and a spare clicker and the odd training book!

Thanks,

ChristineX

What area is she in? Hanley Vets in Albany Highway, Maddington do cheap sterilization especially if you have a healthcare card (think thats what its called, the card from centrelink).

Hey I know it's been posted before but could I get the contact details for a dog chiro please. Thanks :laugh: .

Kevin Kelly in Ascot is good, will send you his number through email via FB as I don't feel comfortable dispaying someone elses number online.

:)

i saw the tollers tonight they were in the ring beside us :rofl:

kelari got puppy of breed but got no further. she is behaving nicely now so very happy with her :rofl: now if she would just eat rofl.

You should have come and said HI - Rubystar was with me and Fetchemup was helping me :rofl: Cider beat Strauss so its now 3:2 in her favour.

And I got to have Lab puppy cuddles last night :rofl: :rofl: :)

I would of but i had friends rock up to watch and it would of been rude to wander away :rofl: next tiem i will look out for the tollers again :rofl:

ahhh just saw ozjen post and have put two and two together you own the other gizmo papillion :rofl: got it :rofl:

i saw the tollers tonight they were in the ring beside us :rofl:

I would of but i had friends rock up to watch and it would of been rude to wander away :rofl: next tiem i will look out for the tollers again :rofl:

ahhh just saw ozjen post and have put two and two together you own the other gizmo papillion :rofl: got it :rofl:

Hi Emery, sorry I picked the wrong person the other night, you looked too slim to be prego's :) . Nice to put a face to the name. :rofl:

Hey I know it's been posted before but could I get the contact details for a dog chiro please. Thanks :laugh: .

Kevin Kelly in Ascot is good, will send you his number through email via FB as I don't feel comfortable dispaying someone elses number online.

:)

Thanks I got your message :rofl:

I believe at least one of Charlie's babies had their first show the other night - did anyone see them?

I only saw a photo but don't know results.

well done for everyone else!

CC what a moron! I really dislike it when people make assumptions about your dogwithout knowing the situation at all. I a sure if it was a 30 kg dog they would have marked the barking as aggressive just because the dog was big :laugh:

emery I am glad that your SIL found a home for the dog - much better off but a shame the dog was in the situation in the first place :)

Rusky I'll try to think of a few more fundraising ideas but my mind is blank at the moment. If it were certain members of the public were going to bring their dogs, you could set up some low agility equipment in a distant ring for people to have a go with their dogs on leads. for a gold coin donation? but i am going to assume that most people that come will either not bring their dogs or they already know all about agility!

welcome to the thread oceangirl :rofl:

kelari got puppy of breed but got no further. she is behaving nicely now so very happy with her :) now if she would just eat rofl.

You should have come and said HI - Rubystar was with me and Fetchemup was helping me :D Cider beat Strauss so its now 3:2 in her favour.

Well done with Kelari :)

And I got to have Lab puppy cuddles last night :D :D :)

Im jelous!!

I believe at least one of Charlie's babies had their first show the other night - did anyone see them?

I only saw a photo but don't know results.

well done for everyone else!

CC what a moron! I really dislike it when people make assumptions about your dogwithout knowing the situation at all. I a sure if it was a 30 kg dog they would have marked the barking as aggressive just because the dog was big :)

emery I am glad that your SIL found a home for the dog - much better off but a shame the dog was in the situation in the first place :)

Rusky I'll try to think of a few more fundraising ideas but my mind is blank at the moment. If it were certain members of the public were going to bring their dogs, you could set up some low agility equipment in a distant ring for people to have a go with their dogs on leads. for a gold coin donation? but i am going to assume that most people that come will either not bring their dogs or they already know all about agility!

I have some friends coming who dont compete etc with their dogs so something like that would be fun for those who dont compete in agility but want to give it a go.

welcome to the thread oceangirl :)

Bedazzled anytime you want pics of him let me know and I can bring my camera over and take some for you, its good practice for me !!

I have been a bad bad girl, I put my name down for some pups that will be born mid year. :) Was going to get an older rescue dog but my last 2 dogs were so difficult I decided to have 2 that I raise from small and hopefully the new addition will be as special as mason, although I doubt he will be as perfect ( although allergy wise he better be perfect :) ).

Oooh how exciting!!! Another Lab? enjoy your sleep while you still can!!!!!!

Bedazzled anytime you want pics of him let me know and I can bring my camera over and take some for you, its good practice for me !!

I have been a bad bad girl, I put my name down for some pups that will be born mid year. :) Was going to get an older rescue dog but my last 2 dogs were so difficult I decided to have 2 that I raise from small and hopefully the new addition will be as special as mason, although I doubt he will be as perfect ( although allergy wise he better be perfect :) ).

Yes a little yellow pup. So lots of work for me to do as I want Mason up and running in the trial ring before New Addition comes home. I will bring Brookies ball on friday night for you.

Yes a little yellow pup. So lots of work for me to do as I want Mason up and running in the trial ring before New Addition comes home. I will bring Brookies ball on friday night for you.

:D If I was in the position, I'd love one of the pups from this mating, too :D

I was a naughty girl and got Millie before Ruby hit the ring :D Now Millie is set to overtake Ruby in the ring :) Ruby just might be a little bit "spethal".