Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Oh whoops forgot to post, when I got home it was looking better and vet had a squeeze and said most of the gunk was out and she is to continue the ABs for a week then go back, also gave her pain killers for a week. Doesn't really seem to be bothering her, she was very playful with Kyzer when we got back, much to his annoyance :thumbsup:

He said he could hear the heart murmur but her heart would sound normal for about 30 seconds then he would hear the murmur, he said it sounds very mild but we are to wait until she is back to full health to investigate.

When we were in the waiting room alone a woman came in with a big staffy that was going off it's head at Trixie who was hiding behind me, the woman was just standing there near the door holding it, wasn't trying to walk in the other direction or take it back outside or get its attention or shut it up, just standing there with her dog lunging on the lead, Trixie was terrified, a moment later the vet called us through and we had to walk past this lunging barking dog, there wasn't really enough room to do so comfortably so I picked Trixie up and carried her in, she was so shaken and was quivering like a leaf, I was very annoyed, that's the last thing you need when your dog is already scared about being at the vet :confused::sick: took her a while to calm down, she wouldn't even take any liver treats, she calmed down after a while and ate the treats the vet was giving her, thankfully when we had finished the vet made the other dog go into a different consult room so it wouldn't go off at Trixie when we left. Argh! :welcome:

Haha, I will add some more photos I promise! I need to get a photobucket account so I can host them remotely.

Nice to know there's another dog out there called Pudding! They can be embarrassed about their name together!

She does have melty, irresistable eyes, but we have to harden ourselves to them lest she end up looking too much like a pudding, as SparkyTansy mentioned!

We got her from Sligrachan Beagles in Upper Swan.

It's very funny. I have always lived in a family with dogs growing up, but this is my first dog of my own, and it's crazy how much they just make you all soft. I am so filled with empathy and worry and gooey, smoochy love for her. Damn you, puppy!

Oh whoops forgot to post, when I got home it was looking better and vet had a squeeze and said most of the gunk was out and she is to continue the ABs for a week then go back, also gave her pain killers for a week. Doesn't really seem to be bothering her, she was very playful with Kyzer when we got back, much to his annoyance :rofl:

He said he could hear the heart murmur but her heart would sound normal for about 30 seconds then he would hear the murmur, he said it sounds very mild but we are to wait until she is back to full health to investigate.

When we were in the waiting room alone a woman came in with a big staffy that was going off it's head at Trixie who was hiding behind me, the woman was just standing there near the door holding it, wasn't trying to walk in the other direction or take it back outside or get its attention or shut it up, just standing there with her dog lunging on the lead, Trixie was terrified, a moment later the vet called us through and we had to walk past this lunging barking dog, there wasn't really enough room to do so comfortably so I picked Trixie up and carried her in, she was so shaken and was quivering like a leaf, I was very annoyed, that's the last thing you need when your dog is already scared about being at the vet :o:( took her a while to calm down, she wouldn't even take any liver treats, she calmed down after a while and ate the treats the vet was giving her, thankfully when we had finished the vet made the other dog go into a different consult room so it wouldn't go off at Trixie when we left. Argh! :madU

Glad trixie is ok:) sometimes the docs can hear my murmur and sometimes they cant. All just depends.

We got her from Sligrachan Beagles in Upper Swan.

It's very funny. I have always lived in a family with dogs growing up, but this is my first dog of my own, and it's crazy how much they just make you all soft. I am so filled with empathy and worry and gooey, smoochy love for her. Damn you, puppy!

I remember chatting to the ladies from this kennel once when I was looking into possibly getting a beagle, lovely ladies!

Know what you mean about them making you all soft. I grew up with dogs too, even had my own, but it wasn't until I got my first Lab as an adult that I truly became a "dog person". I didn't understand the need for the dogs to be with you wherever you could take them, but now I do :rofl:

Oh whoops forgot to post, when I got home it was looking better and vet had a squeeze and said most of the gunk was out and she is to continue the ABs for a week then go back, also gave her pain killers for a week. Doesn't really seem to be bothering her, she was very playful with Kyzer when we got back, much to his annoyance :rofl:

When we were in the waiting room alone a woman came in with a big staffy that was going off it's head at Trixie who was hiding behind me, the woman was just standing there near the door holding it, wasn't trying to walk in the other direction or take it back outside or get its attention or shut it up, just standing there with her dog lunging on the lead, Trixie was terrified, a moment later the vet called us through and we had to walk past this lunging barking dog, there wasn't really enough room to do so comfortably so I picked Trixie up and carried her in, she was so shaken and was quivering like a leaf, I was very annoyed, that's the last thing you need when your dog is already scared about being at the vet :mad:( took her a while to calm down, she wouldn't even take any liver treats, she calmed down after a while and ate the treats the vet was giving her, thankfully when we had finished the vet made the other dog go into a different consult room so it wouldn't go off at Trixie when we left. Argh! :mad

Poor Trixie!!! why oh, why do people do that????? At least she calmed down enough to have some liver treats :) - Zola wont have treats just being at the vet, let alone anything else traumatic happening whilst shes there!! Silly girl!

Glad all went well the the AG, I think Im gonna have to learn how to empty Zolas, too far to the vet just for that!! I dont know how they (well It really, only the left hand side that doesnt empty) fill so quick!! :)

On how good looking the doctor is? :o

:( :D ;)

Welcome Josie & Pudding!! Great name, one of many nicknames I use for our Kelpie!! Shes a gorgeous looking Beagle!! Well they all are arent they!!

When we were in the waiting room alone a woman came in with a big staffy that was going off it's head at Trixie who was hiding behind me, the woman was just standing there near the door holding it, wasn't trying to walk in the other direction or take it back outside or get its attention or shut it up, just standing there with her dog lunging on the lead, Trixie was terrified, a moment later the vet called us through and we had to walk past this lunging barking dog, there wasn't really enough room to do so comfortably so I picked Trixie up and carried her in, she was so shaken and was quivering like a leaf, I was very annoyed, that's the last thing you need when your dog is already scared about being at the vet :mad:( took her a while to calm down, she wouldn't even take any liver treats, she calmed down after a while and ate the treats the vet was giving her, thankfully when we had finished the vet made the other dog go into a different consult room so it wouldn't go off at Trixie when we left. Argh! :mad

Poor Trixie!!! why oh, why do people do that????? At least she calmed down enough to have some liver treats :) - Zola wont have treats just being at the vet, let alone anything else traumatic happening whilst shes there!! Silly girl!

Glad all went well the the AG, I think Im gonna have to learn how to empty Zolas, too far to the vet just for that!! I dont know how they (well It really, only the left hand side that doesnt empty) fill so quick!! :)

On how good looking the doctor is? :o

:( :D ;)

Welcome Josie & Pudding!! Great name, one of many nicknames I use for our Kelpie!! Shes a gorgeous looking Beagle!! Well they all are arent they!!

Labrat it must be a ridgy thing as my 2 stressed out something silly at the vets - Mason will take a treat anywhere anytime from anyone! He is a real piggy!!

Oh gosh, I just got home and am looking at the forum on my phone instead of on my work computer, and now I can see your signatures with all of your dogs! Holy crap, it's a cuteness overload!

Lots of big dogs and multi dog families. A symptom (and benefit) of our West Australian love of space maybe?

Oh gosh, I just got home and am looking at the forum on my phone instead of on my work computer, and now I can see your signatures with all of your dogs! Holy crap, it's a cuteness overload!

Lots of big dogs and multi dog families. A symptom (and benefit) of our West Australian love of space maybe?

Pudding is lovely :laugh: I am puppy clucky again now though :D

Lots of multidog families as lots of us on here compete with our puppies as we don't have a "real" life :rofl: Although saying that I split my time between the horses and dogs :(

Pudding is lovely :love: I am puppy clucky again now though :rofl:

Lots of multidog families as lots of us on here compete with our puppies as we don't have a "real" life :D Although saying that I split my time between the horses and dogs :rofl:

You're always puppy clucky. Good thing I'm not :rofl::laugh:

Whaddya mean don't have a "real" life? :(:o:eek:

Pudding is lovely :love: I am puppy clucky again now though :o

Lots of multidog families as lots of us on here compete with our puppies as we don't have a "real" life :( Although saying that I split my time between the horses and dogs :D

Hey, come on Mirrawee, playing with our puppydogs is the ONLY "real life" and when some of us are too useless at playing with our puppies (in the ring) we get you to do it. :laugh:

Welcome BonJosie, your little Pudding is so sweet, I love beagle pups, they are the cutest.

You're always puppy clucky. Good thing I'm not :eek::laugh:

Whaddya mean don't have a "real" life? :(:o :p

Yeah RS, I have never know you to be puppy clucky :rofl:

And apparently a "real" life is one where you go out and get drunk and have a boyfriend and stuff like that? And have to wear a dress :rofl: Or so I have been told ;)

Hey, come on Mirrawee, playing with our puppydogs is the ONLY "real life" and when some of us are too useless at playing with our puppies (in the ring) we get you to do it. ;)

Yeah but playing with other people's puppies (reading that after 11pm at night makes that sound wrong :eek: ) in the ring is the only way I get there as I am crap at training my own dogs :D

Very near my house is an excellent track for ET training I noticed a few people in the ET thread are from WA so maybe when it cools down we can start to have some biking meets :love:

I need to get a bike first :eek::rofl: What track? The gravel one at the back of your place near the rifle range or the one that goes to the HV dam at the end of HV road?