Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

LR, glad you weren't near the SW fires too.

We ended up putting Dawn's loss of hind end function down to either an aneurysm or spinal hemorage :confused: Vet did mention botulism but she didn't have any of the other symptoms and none of the other horses were affected.

Goldenrules, i'd love to put my hand up for the flags if you no longer want them :laugh:

As for the roos... last time I did a practice run at a bit of bush close to my house, some roos crossed our path!! was... interesting. I don't think Ari knew what to make of them and I am very grateful for that!!

We get to bring our pup home in two weeks and was wondering if anybody here could recommend a good vet? I'm NOR with good access to Freeway and Reid Hwy so fairly close to Whitfords, Balcatta and Os Park. Our local Vetwest was very very good to us when we lost our Teeny girl but I've noticed there are a lot of them so not sure if this is a good thing or ? I am from a small country town with one vet clinic so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you prefer not to dicsuss in public.

Thanks,

Anne

hi Aannie

Nothing wrong with Vetwests if you find a good vet that you trust. I think that Vetwest might be a franchise? please correct me if i am wrong but it's likely that there are vets that own it and they probably use certain suppliers but other than that it's the vet that is the quality not the name.

I'm not NOR so can't comment on other recommendations... I travel 20 minutes to my vet because it's a good one.

If you want to only drive up saturday i would suggest you be there for 8am.

The last show had 5 terriers & about 8 hounds.

Blimey that early. At this stage I am thinking if I miss it then I do - I would have to leave at 3am for that and because I have to drive to town to pick up my friend first I might as well not go to bed!

Having a whippet, you most likely could get there for 9 and be safe, as they dont really require much preperation you could pretty much rock up, get out the car and excersise the dogs, then walk straight into the ring... perhaps enter, and then ring the week before the show and find out what numbers are in the groups/before you.

Hmmm good idea. I will make sure they are all sparkly the night before so we can just get out of the car, stretch the legs and have the show leads close handy.

We are camping at the grounds, easier than having to drive to a caravan park set up, take it all down before we leave in the morning etc.

Good tip about calling before hand, will do that as well.

To go tonight or not go tonight... that is the question!!!

Yes :) Although I forgot I was going to make some biscuits - might have to bring some Lindt chocolate instead :cheer:

For those competing tonight, gates won't open before 5pm (Bevan is on holidays) so don't rock up at 3pm to set up :( I won't be there before 6.30pm though :D

We get to bring our pup home in two weeks and was wondering if anybody here could recommend a good vet? I'm NOR with good access to Freeway and Reid Hwy so fairly close to Whitfords, Balcatta and Os Park. Our local Vetwest was very very good to us when we lost our Teeny girl but I've noticed there are a lot of them so not sure if this is a good thing or ? I am from a small country town with one vet clinic so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you prefer not to dicsuss in public.

Thanks,

Anne

I highly recommend my vet Dr Barry Odesnik at Vital Vet Ellenbrook, I would use him no matter where I live in Perth!

can i have a vent????

posted on facebook that poor zeus is starting to slow down, he is a bit stiffer than normal though still his happy self, he isn't far off having to start catrophen injections which i posted about,

Cousin by marriage writes back why don't you just put him to sleep.

Throw away animals to her who has just got a kitten a week ago and is already getting rid of it.

made me so mad. if he was in pain and not happy etc i wouldn't prolong his life but by golly he is only just developing athritis no need to give him his wings yet. She seems to think i should and just get another grrrrrrr.

not my boy after everything we went through and getting him back, i will go to the ends of the earth to make him comfortable before he goes for his last romp in the sky. but i am not throwing in the towel yet.

okay vent over sorry made me mad. they always ring me to ask if i can help rehome the dogs they have got i say no and i am over it.

Too cute Twiggy :D

The little dog I found lost on Stirling Highway hasn't been claimed yet :) The vets phoned round everywhere but no-one has listed him missing yet. He's gone to another vets that is open over the new year, then off to Shenton Park maybe if he still isn't claimed. Poor little guy :)

Yes :) Although I forgot I was going to make some biscuits - might have to bring some Lindt chocolate instead :clap:

For those competing tonight, gates won't open before 5pm (Bevan is on holidays) so don't rock up at 3pm to set up :) I won't be there before 6.30pm though :eek:

Aww I want biccies! But if you're offering Lindt's instead :eek:

You best because I want someone to video the Tollers going around the ring! :D

Well I best go then! Hope you have your own camera cos mine isn't charged!

Hope I can find ya's! I assume on different sides of the grounds :rofl: Should I bring anything food wise? No time to bake obviously but I'm headed to the shops soon...

Edited by RubyStar

Cute hey Tiggy! I have 2 cats and 2 dogs sprawled the same way right now :)

Goldenrules, i'd love to put my hand up for the flags if you no longer want them :)

As for the roos... last time I did a practice run at a bit of bush close to my house, some roos crossed our path!! was... interesting. I don't think Ari knew what to make of them and I am very grateful for that!!

All yours ST! :D

can i have a vent????

posted on facebook that poor zeus is starting to slow down, he is a bit stiffer than normal though still his happy self, he isn't far off having to start catrophen injections which i posted about,

Cousin by marriage writes back why don't you just put him to sleep.

Throw away animals to her who has just got a kitten a week ago and is already getting rid of it.

made me so mad. if he was in pain and not happy etc i wouldn't prolong his life but by golly he is only just developing athritis no need to give him his wings yet. She seems to think i should and just get another grrrrrrr.

not my boy after everything we went through and getting him back, i will go to the ends of the earth to make him comfortable before he goes for his last romp in the sky. but i am not throwing in the towel yet.

okay vent over sorry made me mad. they always ring me to ask if i can help rehome the dogs they have got i say no and i am over it.

Vent all you like. Even if someone has that opinion sure they would have enough brain cells to know to keep it to themselves??????

I once got told that "wasting" yes wasting money for acupuncture for my OCD Rotti was disgusting when there were so many people that couldn't afford to feed their families properly etc. I chose to not snot him and walk away. Considering at the time I myself didn't have much money but was not going to leave my dog in pain. His solution???? Leave it until it can't walk then shoot it. Yep nice one idiot!