Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Do you put poop in the holes before you fill them in??? Seemed to work for my ridgies - Mason is not much of a digger.

I read that as "do you poop" not "do you put poop" and had an image of RubyStar squatting over the hole :D :D :laugh:

:D :D :D :D

Putting poo in a hole I can bet won't deter mine... they like poop!! But ya know, next time, I might just try it! If it really is Millie digging, it MAY deter her, but if it's Ruby digging, she is going to think she's struck treasure when she digs up poo!!! :D :laugh:

And if that doesn't work, maybe I will squat over the hole like mirawee suggested :D

Currently I chuck these huge rocks I have sitting in the garden into the hole so for one, it doesn't need as much dirt to fill and two, when they hit the rock it might deter them! It seems to have worked in other areas of the garden where I buried the big rocks.

Love the routine, love the changes, the passage and what I think was piaffe. Very nice half pass as well! Hard enough getting my horse to do some of that never mind the dog!

Lol Mason does better 'dressage' than my old horse ever could :laugh::laugh: My horse just used to get to strange surroundings and freak out where Mason copes fairly well with new places and people.

Even less of a challenge given the size of Kyzer and Trixie :laugh: I think they could comfortably together in a hole that would only fit one of our dogs RS :laugh:

Hey, they only have little paws! :rofl:

Ravenau1 - is that your Dobe pup in the photos on Houndstooth's FB page? So adorable!

Hello guys, can I ask about the obedience trainning centre? My pup is a German Shepherd, can you guys recommendsome good trainning centre in Perth? Any helps are appreciated.

There is the German Shepherd club in Southern River. If you can provide your suburb then people might be able to provide recommendations based on where you live :laugh:

For those that enjoy Heelwork to Music (am assuming it would come under that category here not Freestyle)

And for those of you who are horsey, look out for the passage and tempi changes :o

Wow, that was amazing - thanks for the link :champagne:

It brings a tear to my eye every time I watch it!

Ah good, I thought I was being extra sappy for a moment :xmascheer::(

And all I can say is I'm glad my two have no comprehension of digging :cheers: Now if I had brought my cocker and grey over with me as well, then it would be a different story ;) They loved 'helping' me garden :)

IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

OMG look at the feet!!! :o

My girls have no evidence left on themselves of digging, but I think it's Millie as I've caught her before! I think Ruby might join in a bit for fun, but it's Millie who's the real digger in my place I believe! (Unless Ruby is framing her, she's smart like that).

Eeek! Hooray for bald dogs - the dirt just falls off them!

Dirt just falls off my hairy dogs too :) Mum made the mistake of trying to wash Boots' legs off the first time he "helped" with the fish. She quickly learnt that if she let it dry it fell off and made much less mess :o

It's the (wild) rabbits that dig holes at our place!!! (And the kangaroos) Anyone have a spare sighthound? (Or a gun? ;) )

My lot decided to be wild rabbit hunters yesterday :( They didn't manage to get any though mores the pity since we have a rabbit plague atm!

I find that the dirt sticks to Ari more than it sticks to James... James', if he digs in dry sand, will have black feet and then eventually, its all gone! The dirt on ari sticks to her less hairy areas - her tummy mainly!!

Although, if there is black pawprints through my house, i know who to blame... my boys like to walk the perimeter of the garden for some reason (they like taking the long way around!), and that includes walking through the garden beds... if the garden beds are wet, they bring in the dirt with those cute hairy hobbit feet!

I find that the dirt sticks to Ari more than it sticks to James... James', if he digs in dry sand, will have black feet and then eventually, its all gone! The dirt on ari sticks to her less hairy areas - her tummy mainly!!

Although, if there is black pawprints through my house, i know who to blame... my boys like to walk the perimeter of the garden for some reason (they like taking the long way around!), and that includes walking through the garden beds... if the garden beds are wet, they bring in the dirt with those cute hairy hobbit feet!

Spartan's feet aren't so hairy after I hacked and you timmed them the other week! :o

4 hours down, 3.5 to go until I can go home and do nothing, instead of being at work and also doing nothing. I tell ya, and I'm dead serious when I say this, that having nothing to do at work is terribly exhausting! Trying to occupy yourself for 7.5hours is horrible :( Same again tomorrow, then 11 days off, woohoo!!! :o

4 hours down, 3.5 to go until I can go home and do nothing, instead of being at work and also doing nothing. I tell ya, and I'm dead serious when I say this, that having nothing to do at work is terribly exhausting! Trying to occupy yourself for 7.5hours is horrible :( Same again tomorrow, then 11 days off, woohoo!!! :o

come help me fill the shelves all i am getting is complaints about us doing it whilst shop is open and the loads are excessively large

4 hours down, 3.5 to go until I can go home and do nothing, instead of being at work and also doing nothing. I tell ya, and I'm dead serious when I say this, that having nothing to do at work is terribly exhausting! Trying to occupy yourself for 7.5hours is horrible ;) Same again tomorrow, then 11 days off, woohoo!!! :)

come help me fill the shelves all i am getting is complaints about us doing it whilst shop is open and the loads are excessively large

And yet you have time to post on DOL while packing shelves? :(:xmascheer: Get back to work, emery!!! :o