Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

So who will be at K9 this weekend and for what doggy related activity? When is the show on?

Im showing both saturday and sunday!!!

I hope you will be joining us for the last class of Zumba for the year on Wed night?

Zumba lady keeps spamming us via sms to remind us to come :eek::thumbsup:

Not sure :o

Awww Happy Birthday Hemi :o

Mine don't really do bling, Trixie could if there was such a thing as a bling martingale (please tell me there isn't for the sake of my $$$) and I keep the costs down by having plain leads, then I just change the collars :D

Now there is an idea. If I did that, I could update the collars more often which would satisfy my collar needs! Collars are like new handbags, gotta update all the time! It's just lately I've been slack!

I still like them matching, though :thumbsup::eek:

So who will be at K9 this weekend and for what doggy related activity? When is the show on?

Im showing both saturday and sunday!!!

I hope you will be joining us for the last class of Zumba for the year on Wed night?

Zumba lady keeps spamming us via sms to remind us to come :o :D

Not sure :D

Not spamming - just a gentle reminder :eek::thumbsup:

Just now gotta save the dollars, buy a block that I can keep it on etc etc etc... a very much pipe dream LOL

I have the block and the price of this pony (pure arabian filly) is incredibly good... but I don't really need another horse :thumbsup: Was funny, my Mum was saying it would be hard to get it past my Dad... but he has no idea of which horse is which let alone if a new one came along :p :eek:

ooooo she sounds awesome. no no no i don't and i can not afford it if i am buying a house lol. if you get her though please post photos i will live my dream through you :D

I have found a new pony I want too :D I am meant to be cutting down on numbers though (have sold 2 and have 3 more to sell)....

awwwww.

one day i will now if i had 1.7 mil to buy my dream property i would get one.

doesn't really want to agist.

dream horse a bay/chestnut gleding with a blaze on nose. reasonable size as i am short somaybe 15 hands? stock horse for pleasure

or a jet black arabian (will be saving for many years for this fella ofl)

Sounds nice, but my ideal is or was in Mirrawee's paddock, she knows the one I mean. :o But alas I never see me being able to afford a pony and given the vet bills that Mirrawee's ones run up for her I don't see anything changing in the affordability stakes.

yeah this could be an issue the rottis cost enough rofl

Wait until you see Brookie's bling tonight!!!! Lotsa diamonds!!!!

I just went and saw the collars you like RS, and all I can say is you think they are expensive? :p

I saw a pretty collar at Equitana... it was only $185 (multi-layer leather with swarovski crystals) :D :o:eek:

I consider spending around $100 for a collar and lead set for the dogs expensive! From the site Ptolomy posted, it would cost $140 and not even including postage, for 2 collar/lead sets, crazy!!!! Why do you think the poor sods have had the same set for goodness knows how long :D (That and I am a fussy bugger when it comes to getting things to match!)

My dogs aren't princesses, they only think they are, so no crystal collars for them :)

From the website you posted though it is only around $100 for both sets then I can't imagine postage would be that huge... maybe another $25 since they aren't bulky items.

That can be the dogs' Christmas present :thumbsup:

$100 for a bit of fabric that go around their necks on the rare occasion is expensive to me. I mustn't be making the big bucks like you folk it seems :D

Edit: I can't be the only one who thinks the prices of collars and leads are a bit excessive? :p

Oh actually said that Masons collar looks really nice :)

Bedazzled I am sorry now that I am not coming down - would love to see him wearing it.

Remind me again if dogs cant wear tags in the obedience ring or agility ring??

I just went and saw the collars you like RS, and all I can say is you think they are expensive? :p

I saw a pretty collar at Equitana... it was only $185 (multi-layer leather with swarovski crystals) :D :o:eek:

I consider spending around $100 for a collar and lead set for the dogs expensive! From the site Ptolomy posted, it would cost $140 and not even including postage, for 2 collar/lead sets, crazy!!!! Why do you think the poor sods have had the same set for goodness knows how long :D (That and I am a fussy bugger when it comes to getting things to match!)

My dogs aren't princesses, they only think they are, so no crystal collars for them :)

From the website you posted though it is only around $100 for both sets then I can't imagine postage would be that huge... maybe another $25 since they aren't bulky items.

$100 for a bit of fabric that go around their necks on the rare occasion is expensive to me. I mustn't be making the big bucks like you folk it seems :D

Edit: I can't be the only one who thinks the prices of collars and leads are a bit excessive? :p

No tags for agility, ok for obedience but I personally don't like tags that jingle and distract. My guys have trialling only collars...special!!! :D

Bedazzled I am sorry now that I am not coming down - would love to see him wearing it.

I saw a pretty collar at Equitana... it was only $185 (multi-layer leather with swarovski crystals) :):o:eek:

Yes, think I may keep this one for when we compete :)

No tags for agility, ok for obedience but I personally don't like tags that jingle and distract. My guys have trialling only collars...special!!! :D

I saw a pretty collar at Equitana... it was only $185 (multi-layer leather with swarovski crystals) :):o:eek:

My dogs aren't princesses, they only think they are, so no crystal collars for them :p

www.rhiggsphotos.webs.com

I'm setting up a little bit of something on the side, I got a great compliment from a friend who is a photographer so I am trying to set it up

Who is at K9 tomorrow night?? I don't have work and thinking of heading down

Geez Mirra those are cheap prices for ponies!!!

No one has any feed :(

Ahhh okay. We have been lucky this year. A couple of years ago we were in dire straights - at the moment we have fat cattle. Unfortunately I don't need a pony at the moment.

www.rhiggsphotos.webs.com

I'm setting up a little bit of something on the side, I got a great compliment from a friend who is a photographer so I am trying to set it up

Who is at K9 tomorrow night?? I don't have work and thinking of heading down

A few of us will be there showing and doing agility. If you wanna take photos, Ruby would looooove some action agility shots!!! :(

I think we're all trying to set up early to sit together and have round 2 of tonight's gathering! So come look for us.

I had soooo much fun tonight at the obedience trial, it was the most stress-free and relaxing trial I've had in ages! ......probably because I wasn't entered!! But the food and drinkies was great :mad

No tags for agility, ok for obedience but I personally don't like tags that jingle and distract. My guys have trialling only collars...special!!! :(

I knew the no tags for agility, but then I was told that tags were not allowed in the obedience ring! I prefer them off as well, they jingle too much (and because I used to remove them for obedience, I ended up losing my tags!!!) Anyway once I forgot to take them off and the judge told me they aren't allowed but just this once they can make an exception, just remember for next time as the next judge might not be so leanient. I was shocked, I didn't recall reading it was an obedience rule! Plus, if it really was a rule, then they shouldn't have made the exception :mad

No tags for agility, ok for obedience but I personally don't like tags that jingle and distract. My guys have trialling only collars...special!!! :thumbsup:

I knew the no tags for agility, but then I was told that tags were not allowed in the obedience ring! I prefer them off as well, they jingle too much (and because I used to remove them for obedience, I ended up losing my tags!!!) Anyway once I forgot to take them off and the judge told me they aren't allowed but just this once they can make an exception, just remember for next time as the next judge might not be so leanient. I was shocked, I didn't recall reading it was an obedience rule! Plus, if it really was a rule, then they shouldn't have made the exception ;)

Yes I am sure I remember you telling me the story before which is why I always thought that it was a rule that you must not let your dog wear tags in the ring... I will keep the black bling tag free :(

RS I am one who thinks that leads and collars are too expensive... mine don't have bling leads or collars at all the most money i have ever spent is on a red suede collar for spartan - which i admit looked really cool!

Other than that i spend my money on show leads, for which i do have too many (although my tastes are still plain!) I like the coatsaver chains :thumbsup:

RS I am not 100% sure if it's what you want but have you looked at Huga's website? click here

she makes collars and leads - you could always request what you want? also not sure on price - the website won't open for me...

ST thanks, yep her collars are what I like, I've looked at them before :( However, I just finally made my purchase on etsy for the spotted colours. I don't like them as much as I did about a year ago when I first saw them, but they will do :thumbsup: I'm just sick of the sight of their existing ones that I will take just about anything ;)

I spend heaps on the dogs, more than myself :( but I think the price for a bit of fabric and a clip is excessive, so next time I think I will just buy a plain lead and change just the collars :)