Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Have just been checking out some entries for showing and obedience and lets say thay have gone up a bit in the 8 years I have been out of the ring!

2 dogs for a double header show and one obedience class each was over $90!!!

Now I know that is the least of the actual cost, especially when I consider around$150 to $200 in fuel, accomodation and food - but it is quite a bit more than I remember!

And with all the things I just have to have for the dogs and new showing clothes for myself, this could require a budget!

hi guys

a friend of mine has asked about which clubs do agility training besides k9, she lives in Muchea so anywhere would be a hike, but was hoping to give her some feedback???

Thanks.

Northern Suburbs would be closest. :love:

We had our last class yesterday so best to join in the new year, classes resume the weekend after australia day long weekend.

Sorry we missed each other at Esperance! Had a great time there though :) The dog club is thriving with several classes going on different ovals and it was great to be able to set up some UDX stuff and practice in another location with lots of other dogs around but who are under control. Not so easy and the opportunity to play was much appreciated.

You're right about entry fees going up! :love: Lots of people opted out of the Albany trial this year due to the increased fees and I think they lost a fair amount of money because of that. They said they would be looking at reducing the fees for next year...hopefully!

Have just been checking out some entries for showing and obedience and lets say thay have gone up a bit in the 8 years I have been out of the ring!

Now I know that is the least of the actual cost, especially when I consider around$150 to $200 in fuel, accomodation and food - but it is quite a bit more than I remember!

And with all the things I just have to have for the dogs and new showing clothes for myself, this could require a budget!

Sorry we missed each other at Esperance! Had a great time there though :) The dog club is thriving with several classes going on different ovals and it was great to be able to set up some UDX stuff and practice in another location with lots of other dogs around but who are under control. Not so easy and the opportunity to play was much appreciated.

You're right about entry fees going up! :love: Lots of people opted out of the Albany trial this year due to the increased fees and I think they lost a fair amount of money because of that. They said they would be looking at reducing the fees for next year...hopefully!

Would have loved to have caught up and had a chance to see your boy working. Also would have loved to to have borrowed your vast wealth of knowledge to help me out with my mine - I need all the help I can get!!!!

Let me know the next time you are down and I will make sure I am around, not missing out again!

The girls at the club were excited you were going to go down there, I am sure they would have loved to have seen Brooklyn working.

I was quite shocked at the prices I have to say, granted I only used to enter one dog at a time before and yes it has been a while, but it was a suprise. The show in February is the same prices hopefully by the time the November one comea round they have reduced them.

Regarding Albany you pay the same fee as the dog exhibitors :love:

Considering how much Albany dog club just spent on all the new equipment for the obedience/agility people i would see no reason to complain on the entry fee considering the massive costs they have to get judges & the likes up there.They also need to make some sort of money to keep going.

Just remember if obedience don't support these clubs & whinge at cost then this is why clubs drop those events.

The show people enter many dogs & don't complain & we all have the same expenses to get up there

Regarding Albany you pay the same fee as the dog exhibitors :love:

Considering how much Albany dog club just spent on all the new equipment for the obedience/agility people i would see no reason to complain on the entry fee considering the massive costs they have to get judges & the likes up there.They also need to make some sort of money to keep going.

Just remember if obedience don't support these clubs & whinge at cost then this is why clubs drop those events.

The show people enter many dogs & don't complain & we all have the same expenses to get up there

Yes I was refering to the costs of entries to the shows and the obedience. Yes I realise they are the same cost. I was suprised at how much entries had gone up in the time since I have shown/trialed, I am quite sure they have gone up accross the board. Maybe it suprised me more than it may have because I now have two dogs to enter????

It is great they have all new equipment and I hope I get to use it one day. I know show people have the same costs - I am one, just been out of the ring for a while. I wasn't having a particluar go at the Albany dog club, but due to the fact the coat of fuel more than doubles for me to go to Perth it is a big cost for me and one that will need budgeting.

No need for the obedience bashing I do both!

yep entries are more expensive - even in the time i have been showing (8 years or so) - but you'll also see much fewer entries and they have to keep the clubs running somehow... i can imagine it's a shock to the system for those travelling from the country though.

You coming to the Western Classic OSoSwift (R&L :love:)

[

Wasn't having a go at you :love: as you didn't mention Albany .

Not bashing obedience people BUT simple reality check us dog show people pay more for our entries every weekend we don't complain or not support.

Albany the fees are equal for all so why should obedience pay less?? especially if the folk then don't turn up & support the club.

They still have to pay for the judges & accommodation (unless the local judges pay all the expenses themselves?)

I in the past have also competed in both & even then our entries haven,t risen that much.

We enter 3 at present & next year it will be 5/6 when the new kids arrive .

Albany you can camp on the grounds for $5 or pay what you like for other facilities

Yes ososwift you have a whole different expense aspect which will always cost more & can't be compared to us in Perth .

From what i remember of Albany in November many people who trialled also entered the dog show ,

Yep ready to wear the flame suit again so go for it

yep entries are more expensive - even in the time i have been showing (8 years or so) - but you'll also see much fewer entries and they have to keep the clubs running somehow... i can imagine it's a shock to the system for those travelling from the country though.

You coming to the Western Classic OSoSwift (R&L :love:)

Not planning on it at this stage, think I need to get my hand back in at a few smaller ones first! I also do not like Perth too much so don't go unless I either really want to go shopping or am catching up with family. I will see if I can work in a show with next time I am up though.

No flame suit from me I mearly making an observation.

To be honest though having entries at $120 for the dogs to compete in all the classes I would like was a bit of a shock, hence why I dropped one each. I wouldn't be entering and hoping I could go, put it that way, I would be making sure I could.