Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Oh BTW unless you all have some awesome excuse Tiggy and Banjo, Mirawee and Banjo/Varda, RS and Ruby and Mason2009 and Mason you all better at the Rally fundraiser and entered. :(

Remember you can talk to the dog the whole way around and even pat your dog and play silly games between signs to get the dog to refocus! :)

ETA. Ozjen and Jenna you too! (Unless you are competeing in another class that night)

Rally fundraiser, what rally fundraiser? last time I tried this I stuffed up more than the dog. :D

Obedience and Rally O is the 10th and then the Agility is the 11th. The show is an evening show.

Maybe we could have out x-mas get togther after x-mas when K9 is closed down (i.e no events) and Huski and Smisch are in town? :D

Nothing stopping us from having a couple of get togethers, that way if someone can't make one, they have more chance of making another. I'd like to meet huski and smisch and I think we were planning a get together when huski is here anyway :)

So your show is on while Ruby's jumping debut is on? You're gonna miss us! :(

Edited by RubyStar

Had a very stressed evening today when I fell asleep with a certain dog on the loose and awoke to find a chewed up Voltaran blister pack. Didn't know if there had been any tablets in it or how many but figured I better assume there was and act quickly. Figured his best chance was if I could get him to vomit as soon as possiable as I figured that by the time I found a vet open it would already be to late.

Siringed salty water down his throat which was not easy (little bugger can squirm) and at one stage he went stiff and collapsed and I was sure that there must have been tablets and that I was going to loose him. Grabbed him up and started rubbing him and he came out of it, think he either overheated/overstressed or possiably started to choke on the salty water.

Finelly got through to a vet practice but the vet had aready gone so spoke with the vet nurse and she said that if he hadn't brought any traces up when he vomited it was unlikely that he had ingested any to just keep an eye on him and that the vet would be back in an hour to see some breeders if there was a problem. Got through to another vet practice and they said much the same thing, that given I had succeeded in getting him to vomit and that there was no trace of the tablets the best bet was to continue to supervise him for any changes.

Thought about driving up to Murdoch but given that I would have to drive and keep tabs on him at the same time (J wasn't home) I decided the safest bet was to trust what they were saying and moniter him closely, and given that after all this he was still with me I figured that the pack must have been empty.

He was having some one on one time so at least I knew which dog it was, it was hard enough with one I hate to imagine how I would have gone if I didn't know which of them had got to it.

He is now resting after having had lots of cuddles from his very relieved Mum. Not usually careless with tablets especially with a dog like Jenna around who likes to steal and eat everything but I had grabbed a couple of tablets as I was leaving for work the other day and in my haste I must not have been careful enough or had registered that it was empty and not put it away again.

That sound so scary ozjen! :) I am glad the little one is ok. :(

(I thought at first your story was going to be like "babble ball strikes back" ;) )

RS hopefully the rings won't clash but if they do we will have like 20 people videoing it so I can watch it on YouTube :D

Shite ozjen! :) I have some Lectric soda crystals for such emergencies, I have a huge jar, do you want me to give you some? You shove a small piece down their throat and it makes them throw up.

Paddy are some Cocos Plam berries the other day and the vet asked if I had some of those crystals ..... I didn't so they said to put some salt as far back on the tongue as possible.

But I though at the time, it would be handy to have some of those crystals ... where did you buy them?

eta Glad your boy is OK ozjen!!!!

Edited by Golden Rules

Yes I was prompted to buy them after Trixie got into some Easter eggs... I got them from Woolies in the health/beauty type section, near the sports medicine things I think?

Argh Cocos palm berries! I bought a mint plant from a nursery the other day and the dogs were very interested in it, then started pulling cocos berris out from it :) Lucky I saw them, there were about 6 in there, it had obviously been sitting under a cocos palm.

Sam (Smisch) arrives on the 28th of December and is here until the 5th of January. So will be time for people to meet her hahaha I wanted her to bring Denver though. If anyone has any ideas of touristy stuff I can do to show her perth please tell =/ cos so far I've got kingspark, bell tower etc which can be done in a day

Sam (Smisch) arrives on the 28th of December and is here until the 5th of January. So will be time for people to meet her hahaha I wanted her to bring Denver though. If anyone has any ideas of touristy stuff I can do to show her perth please tell =/ cos so far I've got kingspark, bell tower etc which can be done in a day

how about a trip to rotto?

the maritime museum in freo

freo prison tour either at night or day night is so much freakier LOL

Hillarys boat harbour is lovely i enjoyed seeing that for the first time ( and I still love it there) Rottnest is apparently lovely, I have not been yet. Also loved Nedlands foreshore. Whiteman park is also nice for a BBQ or picnic.

Thanks for the wellwishes all for the little guy, he is back to his bouncy self today and has forgiven me.

Amiepie I would love a little of that stuff if you wouldn't mind although I hope I never have to worry again.

Rach, what about an afternoon picnic/BBQ in Joondalup there is a lovely park/lake there where if you take some sunflower seeds all the parrots come and land on you to get them, 28's, Galahs and Corellas from memory, makes for some great photos although your arms can get kinda scratched up.

If you have transport, theirs an excellent miniture villiage in Mandurah and if you can get as far as Bunbury early in the morning (like 7am on the beach at Koombana) you can have a very close encounter with the dolphins unless its changed and it has become regimented like Monkey Mia.

I think you can get the train to Mandurah and a bus or shuttle runs to the miniture villiage, might even be able to do the same for Bunbury but that might involve an overnight stay to be there early enough for the dolphins although there is a place you can stayopposite the beach where they come in.

Sitec can be quiet interesting too as can be the musem.

Sure ozjen I'll give you some, the jar is huge, we all hope that we don't have to use it but the reality is they eat stupid stuff sometimes and it's better to have it just in case. I'll leave it in the car - remind me about it next time I see you :)

If you have transport, theirs an excellent miniture villiage in Mandurah and if you can get as far as Bunbury early in the morning (like 7am on the beach at Koombana) you can have a very close encounter with the dolphins unless its changed and it has become regimented like Monkey Mia.

I think you can get the train to Mandurah and a bus or shuttle runs to the miniture villiage, might even be able to do the same for Bunbury but that might involve an overnight stay to be there early enough for the dolphins although there is a place you can stayopposite the beach where they come in.

Sitec can be quiet interesting too as can be the musem.

I know the miniature village you are talking about - Abingdon? I actually lived in Abingdon in England which is what the village is modelled on!

The bird picnic sounds like there's a few good photos involved! :)

Well I just heard I have no agility for the rest of the year :thumbsup: Both Abbey and Jenna have decided to go into season! And I am not going to drive all that way for the Dobe Club trial just for Banjo to do jumping. Oh well at least that means both girls are available for the CCC Teams and the Western Classic unless their Mums' breed them (which is unlikely since they weren't meant to be in season before Dec!) Will still come to the Christmas party next Tuesday though unless something comes up at work :mad

Well I just heard I have no agility for the rest of the year :thumbsup: Both Abbey and Jenna have decided to go into season! And I am not going to drive all that way for the Dobe Club trial just for Banjo to do jumping. Oh well at least that means both girls are available for the CCC Teams and the Western Classic unless their Mums' breed them (which is unlikely since they weren't meant to be in season before Dec!) Will still come to the Christmas party next Tuesday though unless something comes up at work :o

I wish one of them would, I want Aussie puppy cuddles!!!!

ozjen, glad to hear your little man is ok!! What a scare! :mad

I wish one of them would, I want Aussie puppy cuddles!!!!

ozjen, glad to hear your little man is ok!! What a scare! :mad

If it doesn't happen this time I have been told it will happen next time... but I have been told that several times now :thumbsup: