Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I dont mind where and when we meet, not this weekend though as I have a fair bit on, but after that I am good :rofl: We can meet in Guildford as that is halfway between Valley and me i think?

Guilford is about 2mins from my work and 10 mins from my house so that suits me too. Maybe Thursday afternoon? Any time after 4.10 suits me and I probably won't bring Toby so I am happy to go straight from work.

I can't do Thursday, still haven't broken the Thursday night shopping routine :) , but I can do Tuesday or Friday, just depends on the weather though, Banjo can't cope with it too warm.

I may have something on one evening later next week and I cant do tuesday as I have my club meeting, I could probably do wed or friday though.

I don't mind spectators. I don't anticipate a pass, and don't care if we don't, just out there to have some fun! (and see how my nerves hold up compared to obedience :() Then it means I have an abundance of people available to film us :rofl:

Oh you're no fun! :D Hey you could get someone filming from each side of the ring and then chop it into a film with all different angles :rofl:

Does anyone know who the trial secretary of Dobe Club is and if they will be at the agility trial this weekend? I haven't sent my entry off for novice jumping yet so thought if they are there it would be easier this way! I better get onto it or we won't be debuting til next year! :D

Oops haven't done mine yet either

Emery my dogs are 6 and 10kgs :( 4 cups of biscuits is a lot compared to their size :)

I can't believe that!!! I have been feeding Paddy (all 12 or 13 kg of him) a small cup of Nutro for each meal (ie 2 cups a day) God, maybe I am starving him??!! ;)

Poor little Paddy! :D :rofl: That sounds okay to me, mine get 4 cups between them so it probably works out more like Kyzer 1.5cups Trixie 2.5 cups I suppose

I can't believe that!!! I have been feeding Paddy (all 12 or 13 kg of him) a small cup of Nutro for each meal (ie 2 cups a day) God, maybe I am starving him??!! :rofl:

His condition looks great so you can't be starving him :)

Bear has started eating a lot the little piggy. He typically gets three meals - 1 chicken/turkey wing 2 1/2 dry 3 1 barf pattie plus some table scraps but he wants more :rofl: . I was just looking at him and he's grown so much taller :rofl: .

I can't believe that!!! I have been feeding Paddy (all 12 or 13 kg of him) a small cup of Nutro for each meal (ie 2 cups a day) God, maybe I am starving him??!! :rofl:

His condition looks great so you can't be starving him :)

Bear has started eating a lot the little piggy. He typically gets three meals - 1 chicken/turkey wing 2 1/2 dry 3 1 barf pattie plus some table scraps but he wants more :rofl: . I was just looking at him and he's grown so much taller :rofl: .

I fed Mason around 1 and 3/4 cups at that age I think, plus some sardines, cheese, egg etc.

I don't mind spectators. I don't anticipate a pass, and don't care if we don't, just out there to have some fun! (and see how my nerves hold up compared to obedience :D) Then it means I have an abundance of people available to film us :)

Oh you're no fun! ;) Hey you could get someone filming from each side of the ring and then chop it into a film with all different angles :rofl:

Were you hoping I'd tell everyone to stay away? :rofl: Or that I am expecting not only a Q but first place and won't accept anything less? :rofl::(

:D

See I didn't announce Millie's CCD debut to anyone because I didn't want spectators there in case we bombed in fashion :rofl:

As for agility/jumping, meh :rofl: I would still like to do well (not forgetting the course for starters), but am not as fussed so if anybody wants to watch us possibly make fools of ourselves, well at least it only lasts for a few seconds, not a few minutes like in obedience!

Ruby had great recall on Tuesday night training. I didn't see a broad jump in her line of sight (comes with experience I guess) and I needed her to turn left to a tunnel. As she took off full speed towards the broad jump, I yelped "Ruby, COME!" and she about turned before she hit the broad jump and I successfully got her into the tunnel and got a clear round :) The liklihood of a clear round at a trial is slim, considering she still knocks bars on 500 sometimes :rofl:

I think it will be so interesting!!! (Says she who has the only video record if her and her own dogs debut locked up tight :)

I have a copy of it, in my memory! :rofl: If only I could output that to youtube, I could bribe you big time!! :rofl:

Ooh I was present for both yours and Amy's jumping debuts, cool :rofl:

:) the bar knocking is her BC bits I reckon RS. I ran a course with Kenz last night and as it was the final night we just ended up running at 300 and little brat was still pulling as many bars as she would at 400 or even 500 :rofl: . Edited by ness

:) the bar knocking is her BC bits I reckon RS. I ran a course with Kenz last night and as it was the final night we just ended up running at 300 and little brat was still pulling as many bars as she would at 400 or even 500 :rofl: .

She's been watching the BC's. I need her to watch a bit more to get that speed out she still has locked up inside. She is getting faster with her confidence, faster than I thought she'd be (speed was never a priority for me, I resigned to the fact I am running Labs!), but there is definitely a bit more speed in her I need to get out of her! So now speed is a priority for me too :rofl:

I think it will be so interesting!!! (Says she who has the only video record if her and her own dogs debut locked up tight :)

I have a copy of it, in my memory! ;) If only I could output that to youtube, I could bribe you big time!! :rofl:

Ooh I was present for both yours and Amy's jumping debuts, cool :rofl:

Ahahah really, all that time ago in March?

I remember that and Kyzer's attempt at getting bonus tunnel points :rofl:

She's been watching the BC's. I need her to watch a bit more to get that speed out she still has locked up inside. She is getting faster with her confidence, faster than I thought she'd be (speed was never a priority for me, I resigned to the fact I am running Labs!), but there is definitely a bit more speed in her I need to get out of her! So now speed is a priority for me too :D

And so it begins :(

P.S. I can’t believe I’m actually an “agility person”, now. A couple of years ago I never thought I would be, cos when I used to steward for it, watching people walk the courses used to scare me as I thought I’d never remember what to do! I’m still a bit naughty, though, I haven’t read all the rules so still a bit clueless on some aspects :)

Ahahah really, all that time ago in March?

Yep! I remember it was freezing, and I had my dog car blanket on my feet, sitting on my "kids" chair :rofl:

She's been watching the BC's. I need her to watch a bit more to get that speed out she still has locked up inside. She is getting faster with her confidence, faster than I thought she'd be (speed was never a priority for me, I resigned to the fact I am running Labs!), but there is definitely a bit more speed in her I need to get out of her! So now speed is a priority for me too :rofl:

And so it begins :)

:rofl:

Edited by RubyStar

Oh yeah, the kiddy chair! :)

You should have listened to the speeches our class got on Tuesday, they basically did a complete run down of what happens at a trial, acknowledge the judge, don't take food in, some basic rules etc. Most of it you'd probably know from obedience anyway like not leaving the ring without dog on lead etc.