Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Nawww well you missed Milliemoo CCD becoming Milliemoo CD! :clap::eek:
Went to the assistance dogs day today, Mason won a voucher from Houndstooth Studio for the best loose lead happy walking competition ( not really fair since I just asked him to heel) and we get a studio shoot and free print :)
I have a brag :sleep: well not really Ptolomy does. It's that Strauss and Soggy both got points today and Strauss is a little showing legend and went so well for his first show!!! :rofl:

Thanks ValleyCBR for showing the kidies on Saturday. I have been sent some photos of Soggy and Strauss so I have forwarded them to Strauss's breeder, who I know will be so excited when she wakes up and turns on her PC :shrug:

Strauss was a very good boy and Soggy was a witch and it wont be long before the tables are turned and Strauss beats Cider.

Lucky for you we all have the same sized feet and it was a case of playing pass the shoes :mad:(

Congratulations to all of you, sounds like it's been a very productive few days :cry:

Scary little dog trying to get Banjo :D

pmsl @ his face in the last one :( Loving all the Bear pics :laugh:

I was very pleased with Louis at his reactive rover class yesterday - we all went for a walk and he was walking right next to a standard poodle, and they even brushed against each other a few times without even so much as a blink :thumbsup:

I have a harness I can lend you to use for the season, if you keep going then buy one. I dont have the lead though, I just used a long lead that I already had. When is the open day?

Thanks, might take you up on that :laugh: Especially since I may not complete a season :thumbsup:

I don't see you as a quitter :eek:

I don't quit things I'm dedicated to. But things I haven't committed to and am not overly dedicated to, I reserve the right to quit at a moment's notice :cry: I won't know what category tracking will fall into at this stage, but I do suspect I won't be overly committed to it :rofl: I'm only going because a friend is starting her young dog next year after her other dog got T Ch this year. So if I start fresh with someone who knows what they're doing while they are starting their next dog on it, it just makes sense. That and she pressured me into it :)

I was very pleased with Louis at his reactive rover class yesterday - we all went for a walk and he was walking right next to a standard poodle, and they even brushed against each other a few times without even so much as a blink :thumbsup:

Woohoooooo!! Go Louis!! :)

RS what have you done :rofl::laugh: . I'm obsessing about tracking now :cry: . I was looking on the Victorian tracking clubs website and a Stafford won track and search dog of the year this year and last year tracking dog of the year :) . I just have to try and get out of working Saturdays :thumbsup: .

RS what have you done :cry::eek: . I'm obsessing about tracking now :laugh: . I was looking on the Victorian tracking clubs website and a Stafford won track and search dog of the year this year and last year tracking dog of the year :) . I just have to try and get out of working Saturdays :thumbsup: .

Whaddya mean what have I done?! You're the one who posted the tracking day thing :rofl:

RS what have you done :eek: :D . I'm obsessing about tracking now :mad . I was looking on the Victorian tracking clubs website and a Stafford won track and search dog of the year this year and last year tracking dog of the year :) . I just have to try and get out of working Saturdays :thumbsup: .

Whaddya mean what have I done?! You're the one who posted the tracking day thing :cry:

but you mentioned it in the brags thread :rofl::laugh:

RS what have you done :mad:( . I'm obsessing about tracking now :D . I was looking on the Victorian tracking clubs website and a Stafford won track and search dog of the year this year and last year tracking dog of the year :) . I just have to try and get out of working Saturdays :thumbsup: .

Whaddya mean what have I done?! You're the one who posted the tracking day thing :laugh:

but you mentioned it in the brags thread :cry::eek:

:rofl:

RS what have you done :D :( . I'm obsessing about tracking now :( . I was looking on the Victorian tracking clubs website and a Stafford won track and search dog of the year this year and last year tracking dog of the year :) . I just have to try and get out of working Saturdays :thumbsup: .

Whaddya mean what have I done?! You're the one who posted the tracking day thing :laugh:

but you mentioned it in the brags thread :cry::eek:

:rofl:

not brags sorry I meant wish/title thread whatever it's called :mad

Edited to add that has anyone else found out that A & D Pet Foods has now changed ownership??

I remember someone saying it was closing down so I guess someone took it over. Hopefully the product doesn't suffer.

I have a harness I can lend you to use for the season, if you keep going then buy one. I dont have the lead though, I just used a long lead that I already had. When is the open day?

Thanks, might take you up on that :laugh: Especially since I may not complete a season :thumbsup:

I don't see you as a quitter :eek:

I don't quit things I'm dedicated to. But things I haven't committed to and am not overly dedicated to, I reserve the right to quit at a moment's notice :cry: I won't know what category tracking will fall into at this stage, but I do suspect I won't be overly committed to it :rofl: I'm only going because a friend is starting her young dog next year after her other dog got T Ch this year. So if I start fresh with someone who knows what they're doing while they are starting their next dog on it, it just makes sense. That and she pressured me into it :)

I can bring it with on saturday if you like? It may be a bit big for your dogs but you can try it and see.

Thanks for that Tiggy. I've been sucked into going :rofl: I wonder how long I will keep it up before quitting :)

Does anyone who tried tracking but are no longer continuing interested in selling their harness/lead or whatever other gear we need? :cry:

Plus most of the time is spent laying tracks for others and then your dog is out the car for maybe 15 mins in 3 hours... It is also really hard to practice unless you have someone to lay tracks for you.

I have a long lead, a whole heap of short marker(flags) plus bamboo sticks and 3 rolls of surveyor tape. Plus I have some Size 8 to 8 1/2 hiking boots which I have been meaning to put on ebay - only worn a couple of times for a couple of hours each time!

I was right into the tracking for the first few weeks and loved it but the novelty wore off quickly ... especially when I ended up taking home a dog that wasn't the least bit tired after we set off at 7.15am and got home 4 or 5 hours later. Long way to go for a long time and your dog only gets a couple of 15 minute runs in that time.

I will give retrieving a go I think when Paddy is bigger.

I don't know if everyones dogs do this but Banjo tracks where I've walked, like from the car to the letter box etc, so I'm thinking he may have some talent :laugh: .

Every dog can track, just the very fact they have such sensitive noses mean they can do it easily! It's just the owner training them 'how' to track :eek: Jenni's friend with the SWF had great success! :thumbsup:

I was right into the tracking for the first few weeks and loved it but the novelty wore off quickly ... especially when I ended up taking home a dog that wasn't the least bit tired after we set off at 7.15am and got home 4 or 5 hours later. Long way to go for a long time and your dog only gets a couple of 15 minute runs in that time.

I will give retrieving a go I think when Paddy is bigger.

mmm that is a long time. I work Saturdays at the moment, I've been thinking about it and I do like working Saturday and having a Sunday/Monday weekend so still deciding if I want to change that for something I might give up on :thumbsup: .

RS I think Ruby wants to do this :laugh:

Ermmm... I've posted my goals in the goals/wishlist thread already, and making a twat of myself (and my dog!) isn't on the list ;) :D

Who knows, I will probably give it a go in 2012 :eek: I like mucking around with her like that, but not in costume or with an audience ;)

Edit: just to clarify, I would make a twat of myself cos I have no rhythm! A few who saw me at Zumba can attest to that! :eek:

Edited by RubyStar