Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I used to cook roo steak and roo mince to make treats out of until I found A & D Petfoods, my hubby threatened to kick me out if I cooked roo in the house again lol :laugh: Now I just buy the roo or lamb liver cooked meatballs with veg for treats - they are great :laugh: plus they do a range of dried treats, I got 3 little bags of dried goat today too.

Sounds like I need to take a trip to this A&D petfoods :laugh:

I used to cook roo steak and roo mince to make treats out of until I found A & D Petfoods, my hubby threatened to kick me out if I cooked roo in the house again lol :laugh: Now I just buy the roo or lamb liver cooked meatballs with veg for treats - they are great :laugh: plus they do a range of dried treats, I got 3 little bags of dried goat today too.

Sounds like I need to take a trip to this A&D petfoods :o

They are great they have chicken, beef, lamb, roo and horse mince and occasionally I can get goat from them too. Then they do the chicken, beef, lamb or roo cooked liver meatballs, no preservatives they just have liver and veggies - perfect for training. They also do assorted bones and dried treat and their prices are very very good :laugh:

Lincoln is trailer broken, he has been in one while he was at his breeders and drove all the way to Adelaide in one from Melbourne :laugh:

Well we have a month to figure it out :laugh: Taking one car sounds more sensible than us all driving that distance!

wanna pick me up too on ur way thru LOL!

Lincoln is trailer broken, he has been in one while he was at his breeders and drove all the way to Adelaide in one from Melbourne :o

Well we have a month to figure it out :laugh: Taking one car sounds more sensible than us all driving that distance!

ROADTRIP!!! :laugh::laugh:

No horse for my guys!!!! I never buy 'steak' because it could contain anything! Silly I know but I just draw the line at that.

They are great they have chicken, beef, lamb, roo and horse mince and occasionally I can get goat from them too. Then they do the chicken, beef, lamb or roo cooked liver meatballs, no preservatives they just have liver and veggies - perfect for training. They also do assorted bones and dried treat and their prices are very very good :laugh:

No horse for my guys!!!! I never buy 'steak' because it could contain anything! Silly I know but I just draw the line at that.

Must admit I have never tried the horse myself but they do sell it there.

The roo steak that I used to buy to make treats out of was from Woolies for human consumption - when we first went to the vet for allergies they told us to use that for treats.

Lincoln is trailer broken, he has been in one while he was at his breeders and drove all the way to Adelaide in one from Melbourne ;)

Well we have a month to figure it out ;) Taking one car sounds more sensible than us all driving that distance!

Sure why not :clap: Are you taking any dogs?

I have to admit that unless I had no other choice horse is not on the menu at my house either... the dogs might get the wrong idea and start self serving :)

Shimi is a little sad that her tug isn't making the trip west. :clap:

IMG_2870.jpg

Rory still has the toy that winpara put in his crate for the flight over - he brings it ouit to play with every now and again - and it made the trip back to WA to show Nanny what a good boy he is :)

Lincoln is trailer broken, he has been in one while he was at his breeders and drove all the way to Adelaide in one from Melbourne ;)

Well we have a month to figure it out ;) Taking one car sounds more sensible than us all driving that distance!

I have to admit that unless I had no other choice horse is not on the menu at my house either... the dogs might get the wrong idea and start self serving :)

The reason I dont buy it is because horses have been vaccinated and medicated, not sure I want all that in my dogs system. I have no issue with horses who have been euthanased being fed to other animals if they are old or lame etc but I just wonder how they treat them at the slaughter houses too.

I have to admit that unless I had no other choice horse is not on the menu at my house either... the dogs might get the wrong idea and start self serving :clap:

:)

The idea of feeding horse doesn't sit well with me, either. Not sure why, as it's just as "cruel" to feed beef and lamb!

We dissected a sheep's uterus yesterday and there was a baby lamb in there ;) I have no issue cutting up bits that are already removed from an animal, but when the lecturer asked if we wanted to dissect the baby lamb, I said HELL NO, have a little respect for the poor thing ;) I don't like cutting up whole animals. It was so cute, it had teeny tiny hoofs already and tiny ears. It fit in your hand.

Well we have a month to figure it out :) Taking one car sounds more sensible than us all driving that distance!

Nope, my two are just pets ;)... I will let you know closer to the time if Im going... might not even be showing anyone elses dog...

The reason I dont buy it is because horses have been vaccinated and medicated, not sure I want all that in my dogs system. I have no issue with horses who have been euthanased being fed to other animals if they are old or lame etc but I just wonder how they treat them at the slaughter houses too.

That is actually my only argument about horses being used for human food with the debate that is currently raging. I have no problems with other people eating horse meat as long as the horse is humanely slaughtered and I am not expected to eat it. However I am worried about what impact it would have on how we are able to treat our animals medically.

We dissected a sheep's uterus yesterday and there was a baby lamb in there :) I have no issue cutting up bits that are already removed from an animal, but when the lecturer asked if we wanted to dissect the baby lamb, I said HELL NO, have a little respect for the poor thing ;) I don't like cutting up whole animals. It was so cute, it had teeny tiny hoofs already and tiny ears. It fit in your hand.

:clap: What course are you doing?

Nope, my two are just pets ;)... I will let you know closer to the time if Im going... might not even be showing anyone elses dog...

That is why I asked as I knew you didn't show your two :wave: As I said earlier, we have a month to figure things out :D

Nope, my two are just pets :laugh: ... I will let you know closer to the time if Im going... might not even be showing anyone elses dog...

That is why I asked as I knew you didn't show your two :cheer: As I said earlier, we have a month to figure things out :)

Awesome. Thanks :)