Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

ok straight through seems to be it. Off to call local kennel club I seen them have a session last night full of pups have a feeling Ive missed this season's class now I wouldnt want to go to soon with him. Have spoken with local vet too have his food in stock so will go get some next week to have fresh. Will get him checkout for insurance at his 3rd vaccination. Excited much thats me lol

just seen you edit emery lol i'll edit mine.

I asked if I could switch creates from the hired one from SA to Perth. To the one I just brought to come up but they said no as they dont want to be moving the pup so much in and out ofa create incase something where to happen. Would they let someone take him for a little walk out the office? if they do thats sounds like a great idea

I am not sure it is something you would have to ask and be comfortable with. I put cable ties on the crate for my pup so noone could get her out they could give her water by pouring it in if neccessary i didn't want to risk her getting out and running away or anything. i removed the ties myself when she arrived. I took towels and water incase she had messed so i could bath her first but she hadn't messed. Get you breeder not to feed her on the day of the flight to limit the risk of her defecating in crate and put a frozen bottle of water in so as it melts she can lick the droplets off of the bottle and wont get dehydrated. This way as well you may not need to get her out and you can get your breeder to cable tie the crate and you remove at your end that way you know she is safe.

Also dogtainers and jetpets are pretty good but check the stop over time to the second flight and try and get as small a stop over as possible :(

ok straight through seems to be it. Off to call local kennel club I seen them have a session last night full of pups have a feeling Ive missed this season's class now I wouldnt want to go to soon with him. Have spoken with local vet too have his food in stock so will go get some next week to have fresh. Will get him checkout for insurance at his 3rd vaccination. Excited much thats me lol

just seen you edit emery lol i'll edit mine.

I asked if I could switch creates from the hired one from SA to Perth. To the one I just brought to come up but they said no as they dont want to be moving the pup so much in and out ofa create incase something where to happen. Would they let someone take him for a little walk out the office? if they do thats sounds like a great idea

I am not sure it is something you would have to ask and be comfortable with. I put cable ties on the crate for my pup so noone could get her out they could give her water by pouring it in if neccessary i didn't want to risk her getting out and running away or anything. i removed the ties myself when she arrived. I took towels and water incase she had messed so i could bath her first but she hadn't messed. Get you breeder not to feed her on the day of the flight to limit the risk of her defecating in crate and put a frozen bottle of water in so as it melts she can lick the droplets off of the bottle and wont get dehydrated. This way as well you may not need to get her out and you can get your breeder to cable tie the crate and you remove at your end that way you know she is safe.

Also dogtainers and jetpets are pretty good but check the stop over time to the second flight and try and get as small a stop over as possible :thumbsup:

When I decided to bring my cats from south africa I was so worried about the flights to Perth, they were in their containers for almost 24hrs and were only given water, they made it here fine no hassles. My cats are old too which is why i stressed a bit about it but it was good, I am sure your little pup will arrive safe and sound :rofl:

Do you need particular breeds? I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback that I'll be showing on Sunday.

ill hopefully be there sunday as well, i want to see some agility and alot of dogs i need are that day as well

For some reason reading your post got the 'my little pony' theme song into my head :thumbsup:

Ooh Valley hopefully you time it for when I'm on, I need a camera lady :rofl:

If I am available that will be no problem, I have excellent camera skills (as in I can turn it on and keep the dog in the frame) :laugh:

Also do you know what time you will be there? And do you object to having a huge crate in your gazebo? :rofl:

If I am available that will be no problem, I have excellent camera skills (as in I can turn it on and keep the dog in the frame) :rofl:

Also do you know what time you will be there? And do you object to having a huge crate in your gazebo? :thumbsup:

Starts at 9am but it's not running like a normal trial, they are having two rings, one will have agility starting at Masters and going to Novice, and one will have Jumping starting at Novice and ending at Masters, weird but I'm happy because it means my runs won't clash, woohoo!

I do not object but I did extend the offer to Papillon girl to sit in my gazebo if it's hot because they don't have one and it's her first trial but not sure they'd fit anyway to be honest because there are two of them and their dog? And I'll be putting it partly over my car as usual to keep some sun off. I think I need a bigger gazebo :rofl:

For some reason reading your post got the 'my little pony' theme song into my head :thumbsup:

Ooh Valley hopefully you time it for when I'm on, I need a camera lady :laugh:

If I am available that will be no problem, I have excellent camera skills (as in I can turn it on and keep the dog in the frame) :happydance2:

Also do you know what time you will be there? And do you object to having a huge crate in your gazebo? :rofl:

I now have a huge crate too Valley, my old one was too small for Mason so I bought one thats 2 sizes bigger and its huge, its our 3 man tent if ever we go camping :rofl:

Hey there's an idea, then they can borrow a gazebo if they need one and we can have the other? Is that cool?

Yeah that's fine. :rofl:

Showing is so boring on your own! So I am glad agility is on at the same time. I will chack in K9 tonight wat time the show starts and I have to be there at least a half hour before (for once can't they go reverse alphabetical :thumbsup: ) cause I am first in for Gundogs.

Soggy did a 10 hour trip as an 8 week old puppy via Sydney. She certainly didn't come bouncing out of the crate - but 48 hours later :thumbsup: she was a demon :rofl: and hasn't looked back since.

Shimi is coming from Orange NSW via Sydney - long trip for a little girl :rofl: