Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

The one that 'can't jump' :rolleyes:

ETA: Or was it 'jumps like a sack of potatoes' ? :rofl:

Both :) She's still only jumping 400 in class though (as its the best height to cater for whole class) and managing to keep bars up. It's when we start working on 500 and keeping bars up is when we might run into trouble! Will run a 500 course on Thursday night :D

LR, Varda had passed the rock prior to going to the vet yesterday apparently :D Maybe that is why she woke me up at 2.30am! Slept all night last night though and only grumbles this morning not screams :rolleyes:

Glad to hear Varda is better now - no more eating rocks missy :rofl:

Well I'll be off to K9 now on as well :) I'll see how it goes with the drive, but would rather do something week nights than weekend. I'll maybe see some of you there next monday :)

The one that 'can't jump' :rolleyes:

ETA: Or was it 'jumps like a sack of potatoes' ? :rofl:

Both :( She's still only jumping 400 in class though (as its the best height to cater for whole class) and managing to keep bars up. It's when we start working on 500 and keeping bars up is when we might run into trouble! Will run a 500 course on Thursday night :D

Argh I don't believe in that 'jump the best height for the whole class' thing! :)

They were trying to get the pap in our class to jump at 300 because some of the jumps were missing 200 cups, I said no don't do it because it's way too hard for him and he has tripped over a bar at 300 before and it fell on him, not nice when you're about 2kg! :D

Though I do jump Kyzer at 400 sometimes for convenience purposes but he can do it okay and he's almost a 400 dog.

Anyway that's my rant for the morning :eek: :D

Sounds good CC. Still trying to decide to do more obedience with Trixie or not, amazing how fast things can progress when you actually make more of an effort! :)

I have trained Kenz at 500 for convenience and still do one night a week (for my convenience I kind of don't appreciate a class starting at 9pm so opt to run her in the earlier 500 class). But then I mostly just do the agility course and we just focus on contacts. She is also borderline 500 anyway :laugh: .

Training a dog on higher jumps is probably better than training a dog on lower. Ruby thinks she's doing ok, bring out higher jumps and she will start knocking bars :laugh: I do want to train more on 500 but have to do that in my own time, not class time.

Edited by RubyStar

I dunno it doesn't make much difference to Kenz she still pulls bars when I run her at her correct 400 jump height. Bloody lazy borders :laugh: . I swear if the jumps were at 300 she would still find a way to pull bars.

Mirawee, glad Varda has passed her rock!!! Hope she doesnt have any probs with the bones though :bottom: Silly dawgs!! The other day I found Zola chewing up a stick, which she does quite regularly - but this time she was eating the bits of stick :bolt: :bolt: ....Noooooo, you eedjit!!!

She used to eat gravel when she was a baby, and thought she had grown out of eating bits of crap! Apparently not :cooldance:

Wandy is much better this morning - her eyes are back with us, and shes not wobbling round on her little Kelpie feet :winner: Mustve been those Banjo Kelpie kisses Mirawee :cheer: . Poor kid has a bald neck, bald leg and sore as mouth.....But she must think shes hit the jackpot with her food!!! Nice soft, yummy dindins!!! Spoiled, totally spoiled!! And she trying to avoid the Ridgebacks tail everytime it swipes past her :laugh: .She cringes everytime it swishes past!!!

Training a dog on higher jumps is probably better than training a dog on lower. Ruby thinks she's doing ok, bring out higher jumps and she will start knocking bars :cooldance: I do want to train more on 500 but have to do that in my own time, not class time.

I agree, training lower doesn't encourage good jumping.

Ness, I am assuming Kenz is a typical speedy 400 Winpara dog :laugh: If that is the case it isn't uncommon for them to jump flat when they jump lower thus taking bars! I know Simone put a lot of effort into Sprite to make sure she wasn't the bar dropper Raven was!

Mustve been those Banjo Kelpie kisses Mirawee :winner:

Kelpie kisses are magical :cheer: Would be nice if they could grant wishes as well since Banjo is so free with them :bottom: I have been teaching him an extended nose touch and at this stage it is more of an extended kiss session :bolt::bolt:

:bottom: mirawee - Kenz is Spryte's half sister (same mum) do I need to say anymore :laugh: . So yep typical fast Winpara 400 dog who at the last trial thought handler was optional. Have lost count of the number of novice jumping passes that we haven't got due to a bar or two dropping especially on curves and out of tunnels and after broad jumps. Edited by ness

Completely OT but I just saw my first Bob-Tail :) He was a ferocious looking bugger, and hissed at me as I cycled along the coastal track - just missed him luckily as I'd hate to have run him over :D I'm going on a snake catching course being run at the local surf club in a few weeks. I just want to know what to do if one comes in the garden - apart from run :confused: