Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

My CR parcel arrived. Well it arrived on Friday but I have only been able to get in today to pick it up.

Very very cool stuff in that box I can tell you. It was open for quarantine inspection - I think the quarantine dogs just want to play with the toys!

The only time my CR parcel wasn't opened was for Banjo's cool coat, the quarantine dogs must have thought that smelt boring :thumbsup: .

I think you need to get over the distance thing - even if you can come to K9 once a month - it will really help with your motivation and you might pick up a few different things to try at home.

I used to travel from Bunbury and Rockingham :thumbsup: so sorry have no sympathy.

But then if you can't be bothered far be it for us to try and change that

Now ducking for cover............

Mas all I can say is I was like you and was all urgh it's so far! And now I do it at least 2 times a week (and I think it will be 4 times this week)! It is the single most motivating thing for me!

I am stupid with watching people I dont pick things up - I need to be shown step by step - I'm a bit blond, even when I am shown step by step I sometimes still dont get it!!

I still think people have the wrong idea about Monday night training :thumbsup:

You're all going to get a rude shock when you rock up and there is no cake and we all pretty much do our own thing :provoke:

But it DOES help with the motivation to have people near you, and to ask for help when you need it.

CC/Tiggy - there are classes at Southern River. Beginners, Advanced Beginners, Intermediate and Pre-Trialling. Or you can do your own thing. If you want to partake in a class, you let them know. Or else just pay your membership fee and bring your $3 lights money and find a spare spot to work.

I know you guys all do your own thing and I don't want to bother people which is why I dont come down as I need a lot of help, I think I rather pay someone for their time so that they know what they are getting into :love:

I still think people have the wrong idea about Monday night training :thumbsup:

You're all going to get a rude shock when you rock up and there is no cake and we all pretty much do our own thing :provoke:

But it DOES help with the motivation to have people near you, and to ask for help when you need it.

CC/Tiggy - there are classes at Southern River. Beginners, Advanced Beginners, Intermediate and Pre-Trialling. Or you can do your own thing. If you want to partake in a class, you let them know. Or else just pay your membership fee and bring your $3 lights money and find a spare spot to work.

I know you guys all do your own thing and I don't want to bother people which is why I dont come down as I need a lot of help, I think I rather pay someone for their time so that they know what they are getting into :love:

:D

My CR parcel arrived. Well it arrived on Friday but I have only been able to get in today to pick it up.

Very very cool stuff in that box I can tell you. It was open for quarantine inspection - I think the quarantine dogs just want to play with the toys!

The only time my CR parcel wasn't opened was for Banjo's cool coat, the quarantine dogs must have thought that smelt boring :provoke: .

My first CR order was a harness and a book... it was still opened by quarantine :D I got my CR order today too (opened by quarantine ;) ) but haven't opened it myself yet :p

I know you guys all do your own thing and I don't want to bother people which is why I dont come down as I need a lot of help, I think I rather pay someone for their time so that they know what they are getting into :(

It takes me just under an hour to get to Canine. The issue for me is more that it takes me 1.5 hours to get home from work first and then I have horses to feed so if I want to get to training on time I need to leave work soon after 2pm (note to OzJen if you read this - I won't be there tonight have stuff to do at work that has to be finished today plus need to pick Varda up from vet - will ring later) Needless to say I feel demotivated by that effort regularly :love:

However contact Bedazzled :thumbsup: Am really enjoying my lessons with her :mad We work on lots of little things and if I don't understand she spells it out really slowly :p Plus I get homework so have to be motivated in between lessons. Saying that I have only had 2 lessons so far and can't have another one for a couple more weeks due to work :rofl:

The only time my CR parcel wasn't opened was for Banjo's cool coat, the quarantine dogs must have thought that smelt boring :provoke: .

My first CR order was a harness and a book... it was still opened by quarantine :D I got my CR order today too (opened by quarantine ;) ) but haven't opened it myself yet :p

I know you guys all do your own thing and I don't want to bother people which is why I dont come down as I need a lot of help, I think I rather pay someone for their time so that they know what they are getting into :(

It takes me just under an hour to get to Canine. The issue for me is more that it takes me 1.5 hours to get home from work first and then I have horses to feed so if I want to get to training on time I need to leave work soon after 2pm (note to OzJen if you read this - I won't be there tonight have stuff to do at work that has to be finished today plus need to pick Varda up from vet - will ring later) Needless to say I feel demotivated by that effort regularly :love:

However contact Bedazzled :thumbsup: Am really enjoying my lessons with her :mad We work on lots of little things and if I don't understand she spells it out really slowly :p Plus I get homework so have to be motivated in between lessons. Saying that I have only had 2 lessons so far and can't have another one for a couple more weeks due to work :rofl:

Know how you feel, when I had horses to feed and i worked to 5pm I would go straight to my horse ( lucky he was 10 mins from work) I would ride and groom him and wait for him to cool down so I could feed him as grooms left at 4pm for the day. ( previous stables I had to do everything because there was no groom but it got too much with work and then I had to travel a bit for my job so it never worked out at those stables).

It takes me just under an hour to get to Canine. The issue for me is more that it takes me 1.5 hours to get home from work first and then I have horses to feed so if I want to get to training on time I need to leave work soon after 2pm (note to OzJen if you read this - I won't be there tonight have stuff to do at work that has to be finished today plus need to pick Varda up from vet - will ring later) Needless to say I feel demotivated by that effort regularly :provoke:

I don't work Mondays and I finish at 12.30 on Tuesdays so yes I've been a lazy bugger not training at K9 :D . I probably won't get there this year because Shimi will be too little but you've read it here I'll be there next year :thumbsup: :p . Banjo's training has been neglected since I got puppy brain :rofl: so I didn't enter him in that obedience trial I was going to but next year Ptolomy can whip me into shape :love: . I'll probably be so nervous when I meet you guys :( .

Today Shimi got a toy in the mail from magicmine and it was addressed to my lovely daughter Yoshimi and on the back from dad Tonka - how cute is that :provoke:

Awwww that is sooo cute! Still no CR package for me :thumbsup: you all seem to be getting yours really fast and I'm not that far away from perth *sigh* I just his new toys.

I sent you a movie of your angel and yep, she's in there making a heap of noise and I reckon you'll have her going forward in no time, if a tug is her reward.

Thanks can't wait :thumbsup:

I got it :provoke: - I heard my phone beep before I wouldn't have ignored it if I knew it was puppy video :love:

I don't work Mondays and I finish at 12.30 on Tuesdays so yes I've been a lazy bugger not training at K9 :D . I probably won't get there this year because Shimi will be too little but you've read it here I'll be there next year :thumbsup: :p . Banjo's training has been neglected since I got puppy brain :rofl: so I didn't enter him in that obedience trial I was going to but next year Ptolomy can whip me into shape :provoke: . I'll probably be so nervous when I meet you guys :( .

Tiggy don't wait until next year - you must make the effort at least once this year, otherwise will will start calling you gonna...

Shimi needs to get used to being in the car and other dogs and Banjo will appreciate the outing. I dont have access to all the special icons otherwise I would bring out the whip one. Maybe we need to make it a Thursday evening and we can have a problem solving get together + cake :love:

Edited by Ptolomy