Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Beans looked great in his coat in the stays :eek: (assume it was beans)

Nah that was Cider (Soggy Bear) - Beans only lasted 12 steps in open before we decided that it was time to call it a day :love:

Maybe next time I take Beans in and you take Ruby in and we'll see who lasts longest :laugh:

The cool coats do look great, can't wait for mine to arrive. Thanks for the loan of yours yesterday Ptolomy, certainly was interesting to trial them with a coat on!

Oh and Happy 8th Birthday Scoota!!!! :laugh::eek:

Yep I will be there tonight! :o

Edited by RubyStar

I am a bit peed off now, I ask a question in the training thread about something to do with training, get asked if my dog is fat ( dont know how thats relative) then when I post a pic and get told that yes he is a bit overweight. Seems that if a lab is not anorexic then people just call them fat - makes me wonder why I even bother to post sometimes!! :laugh:

I would imagine a Lab doing agility would be ideally very lean so as not to impact too much on the joints, it is also very hard to tell from a picture, especially of a black dog- exactly what they look like.

I have just had a quick look at the topic and although Poodlemum does say that in the picture he looks a bit hefty, they other questions are valid as in if a dog is carrying excess weight it will hamper their energy and will to do things.

I am the weight nazi around here, my dogs are always kept lean and I do not like much extra weight at all, so it is possible I may have asked similar questions.

He may just be very laid back, in that case use whatever motivates him the most, if it is food then use food.

I think Mason is very handsome. Oh and as I have Whippets I get all the other commets i.e - you need to feed your dog, look at the skinny dog, oh my god that dog is skinny.

I am buying a shirt that says "My dog is not skinny yours is just fat" Now I know this is not always the case, but I do get sick of it!

Edited by OSoSwift

Happy Birthday Scoota! :laugh:

Mas- I was told on the weekend by the judge (that gave Lincoln puppy in group) that Lincoln is too skinny and then I am sure this week someone will mention to me he is too fat. Bottom line is only we know our own dogs, what we feed them, how much exercise they get ect. :eek:

I will be there tonight, I was going to bring some biccies but naughty parents ate them and I only have 4 left! :love: But I will try and pic up something on the way home. ST and Spartan will be there too.

Ptolomy- Cider and Lincoln, typical kids trying to steal Scoota's birthday thunder! :laugh:

Happy birthday Scoota :laugh:

Well done to everyone on their weekend results... particulalry Cider's brilliant CD debut!

Mason2009, Bedazzled told me to get some weight off Banjo on Friday :laugh: I did point out it was not that long since the Royal :love: It is fun trying to juggle show and performance sports :eek: I have performance people telling me Banjo is too fat and have had a judge (who was non-awarding dogs for being overweight!) tell me Banjo needed a bit more weight on :eek: Since I have no idea when Banjo's next show is he can get down to performance trim now :o

Ridiculous isn't it, I just don't get why a dog should need to be fat to be shown! Do they mistake fat for muscle condition or something? Some of the show Manchester Terriers look like little barrels on legs to me, I like dogs lean, although Trix is probably on the skinny side at the moment. She changes from day to day! Even though she is skinny she is still very muscly.

Ridiculous isn't it, I just don't get why a dog should need to be fat to be shown! Do they mistake fat for muscle condition or something? Some of the show Manchester Terriers look like little barrels on legs to me, I like dogs lean, although Trix is probably on the skinny side at the moment. She changes from day to day! Even though she is skinny she is still very muscly.

Banjo's ribs can still be easily felt :eek: His waist just isn't as tucked in atm as I would like LOL.

As to the judge that said he needed more weight... he needed to bulk out but not with fat :wave: Fat can hide a multitude of conformational sins as well :love:

Happy Birthday Scoota :eek:

Banjo's cool coat is here, it fits perfect in length but I can't do the girth up :wave::love: , it seems to slide around without it so I might have to try and get them to send me a bigger girth.

Hmm Tiggy I ended up ordering a 22" coat but with a size 20 girth. What did you measure Banjo at now I am a little worried. I measured Kenz and she was well under the standard for the 22" so I sent the details through and they said order the slightly smaller one.

Mine hasn't been processed yet as I only ordered it over the weekend. I could possibly change mine and order a 22 and then send it over to you in return for the 20.

Edited by ness

Beans looked great in his coat in the stays :wave: (assume it was beans)

Nah that was Cider (Soggy Bear) - Beans only lasted 12 steps in open before we decided that it was time to call it a day :eek:

oopps lol. well cider looked good in her coat lol :love:

Hmm Tiggy I ended up ordering a 22" coat but with a size 20 girth. What did you measure Banjo at now I am a little worried. I measured Kenz and she was well under the standard for the 22" so I sent the details through and they said order the slightly smaller one.

Mine hasn't been processed yet as I only ordered it over the weekend. I could possibly change mine and order a 22 and then send it over to you in return for the 20.

Banjo's girth measurement was 27" and the 20" coat goes up to 28" so I thought it would just fit but no he's too fat :eek::wave: .

Happy birthday Scoota :eek:

Well done to everyone on their weekend results... particulalry Cider's brilliant CD debut!

Mason2009, Bedazzled told me to get some weight off Banjo on Friday :wave: I did point out it was not that long since the Royal :love: It is fun trying to juggle show and performance sports :eek: I have performance people telling me Banjo is too fat and have had a judge (who was non-awarding dogs for being overweight!) tell me Banjo needed a bit more weight on :o Since I have no idea when Banjo's next show is he can get down to performance trim now :D

Look I know he could lose a Kg or 2 but I would not call him overweight, especially considering some of those obese dogs walking around out there. I often get asked why my dog is so thin by people at parks etc. I think some dogs out there are too thin they remind me of the starving dogs I knew in africa but everyone knows their own dogs and who are we to judge other people? I dont do agility because IMO Mason is too big a dog to jump etc competitively.

Look I know he could lose a Kg or 2 but I would not call him overweight, especially considering some of those obese dogs walking around out there. I often get asked why my dog is so thin by people at parks etc. I think some dogs out there are too thin they remind me of the starving dogs I knew in africa but everyone knows their own dogs and who are we to judge other people? I dont do agility because IMO Mason is too big a dog to jump etc competitively.

I am not saying Mason is fat :D Banjo isn't either except to die hard performance people :eek: In the photo you posted you can see the tuck behind Mason's ribs :o but it probably isn't a brilliant photo to look at for an idea on weight as he looks like his coat is wet and so it isn't sitting flat :D In fact my post was more to highlight the different way's people perceive the weight on the same dog :eek:

Tiggy, :wave: your Banjo is a fatty too :love: maybe it has something to do with the name :happydance:

Edited by mirawee