Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

BCs are very cute. I was only dragging out puppy photos the other day because Winpara was talking about one of her very little girls she kept only weighing 4kg at 13 weeks. Kenz wasn't much bigger then that. So hard to believe she only weighed 2.4kg at 11 weeks!!!!!!

And she is still a cute little fluffball now - got love the pocket rockets.

Edited by ness

Border Collie puppies are so cute :) Hmm, Kelpie or BC puppy? :( Or one of each? :(

I don't see you as a BC person! :D

I nearly got a BC before I saw Banjo's litter advertised and after a lot of weighing up since I have had a lot of heartbreak with Kinta I decided to go with him :rofl: Have always loved Borders though :cry:

Who's Kinta :D I didn't know you had a BC (if Kinta is one)

Kinta is my nearly 9yo chocolate Kelpie who was bought from a registered breeder for a show and agility prospect. She arrived at 9 weeks with demodectic mange! Which was treated aggressively by the vets with weekly washes (don't know that I would put a pup through that again). Her career as a show dog ended when her jaw went slightly undershot when she got her adult teeth and then at 18 months she went into her first agility trial and basically went, "I don't want to do this"! A week later she was lame :eek: A vet (not the vet I requested to see at that particular clinic!) decided that she had OCD as nothing showed up on x-rays :) Made me wonder what that vet had been taught at Uni :( But further x-rays taken by my vet once he returned from holidays showed nothing wrong. I got a referal to Liz Franks (veterinary accupunture) and basically she has chronic muscle issues and ended up with a massive file at Liz's as treatments that should have given her relief for 3+ months would only work for about a week :rofl: I gave up after she started getting crabby with it all and now she has semi-regular Bowen therapy although she is sounder now than she has been for years :p She does have one AD pass (and a 1st place trophy!) though :( Unfortunately when sore she would go under jumps and that was often the first notice I had that she needed another treatment :cry:

Oh and turns out her litter sister also had demodectic mange and went lame about a week after Kinta! And her breeder didn't care :cry:

So after everything I went through with her I was very hesitant about getting another kelpie.

post-11082-1286869926_thumb.jpg

oh poor Kinta - what a lot to go through :)

After we decided to retire her from agility she hasn't been too hard to manage :rofl: She is a good bed warmer :( Aside from the above, minor spey incontenance if she drinks too much before bedtime and ripping a triangluar flap in her back around 15cm long she hasn't had too many other vet visits :cry: (touch wood it stays that way) There are certainly dogs worse off - I would hate to have a dog with allergies like quite a few WA forumites have as I would be :(

oh poor Kinta - what a lot to go through :)

After we decided to retire her from agility she hasn't been too hard to manage :cry: She is a good bed warmer :( Aside from the above, minor spey incontenance if she drinks too much before bedtime and ripping a triangluar flap in her back around 15cm long she hasn't had too many other vet visits :D (touch wood it stays that way) There are certainly dogs worse off - I would hate to have a dog with allergies like quite a few WA forumites have as I would be :(

I have a lame allergy dog :rofl:

But he is also a good bed/couch/armchair/computer chair warmer and he loves to snuggle

Edited by valleyCBR

*puts up hand* i have a lazy (as opposed to lame) allergy dog!!

I know the dramas you would have felt by getting Banjo after Kinta i felt the same after going through skin issues with Spartan then HD with James - except unlike you i just couldn't face getting another of the breed so soon so i went with a Weim - who is the healthiest dog i think i've ever owned.

....repeat three times....I'm getting a working kelpie puppy.....eventually!!!!!!

Rubystar - I am being blamed for Tiggy's impending arrival - so I suggest you just "do it"!!!

:laugh:

Nah as much as I would love a puppy, now is just not the time if I don't want to mess it up for the obedience ring! I'm already so unco with my training that I have a lot more to learn before I bring in another. Breaks my little heart but it's for the best :)

I'm trying to talk someone else into one of those pups so I can still get puppy cuddles :laugh::o