Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Maybe someone can help me with identifying a breed? I saw a lovely dog there (got cuddles) and he looked like a Border Collie but was a kind of blonde and white (like a Corgi colouring), now I've been looking at pics of Border Collies this morning and I can find tri-colour, red (which is a kind of rusty colour), black and merle. What is the blonde type colour? Was the dog even a Border Collie? :confused:

You can get dilute red border collies that are a wheaten sort of colour :laugh: Same as blue BC are dilute black dogs :cheer:

Maybe someone can help me with identifying a breed? I saw a lovely dog there (got cuddles) and he looked like a Border Collie but was a kind of blonde and white (like a Corgi colouring), now I've been looking at pics of Border Collies this morning and I can find tri-colour, red (which is a kind of rusty colour), black and merle. What is the blonde type colour? Was the dog even a Border Collie? :confused:

You can get dilute red border collies that are a wheaten sort of colour :laugh: Same as blue BC are dilute black dogs :laugh:

Thanks mirawee! He really was a stunning dog. Kind of took my breath away, pity a Border Collie isn't the dog for me :laugh: yet, anyway!

did i possibly have a dog collar around my neck at some point? ahaha but I did have a goldie pup at one point and Naca was wearing a green coat =/ haha

I did see you then :o Next time there are DOLers I will introduce myself (and OH 'cause he was there too).

I enjoyed the morning, and it was good to put to use some of the things I have learned here about different dogs, like being able to identify the Borzoi etc. Just not the Border Collie apparently :cheer: I still have lots to learn!

Everyone that was at the Royal keep an eye on your dogs as a friends dog has just come down with Parvo, a "runour" going round is a person had some Parvo pups that died a week before yet still eneterd all their dogs at the show, which I hope is not true as thats just downright bloody disgraceful and against canine and ethics rules.

Just a word of warning to all that were there.

j

ahahaha Friday round about!!! We met happy tails day last year, now you have a posse of Challenger tafe students who adore your dogs :confused: ahahahhaaa

definitely introduce yourself ahhahaha I do like Naca's collar i have to say, nice and easy to put on

Everyone that was at the Royal keep an eye on your dogs as a friends dog has just come down with Parvo, a "runour" going round is a person had some Parvo pups that died a week before yet still eneterd all their dogs at the show, which I hope is not true as thats just downright bloody disgraceful and against canine and ethics rules.

j

Oh dear :confused: Which day was the friend on?

j

Not good :coffee: Hopefully not many dogs become affected and those that do recover quickly.

Do these people have rocks in their heads?!?!? :coffee:

I know I have a pup under a year and if I had known this I would have scratched him without a second thought!!!! Why are some people such idiots! :rofl: It was also a respiratory infection secondary from kennel cough Lincoln picked up at a show that was the beginning of the downhill slide for Lilly! :o:o

j

Do these people have rocks in their heads?!?!? :coffee:

I know I have a pup under a year and if I had known this I would have scratched him without a second thought!!!! Why are some people such idiots! :rofl: It was also a respiratory infection secondary from kennel cough Lincoln picked up at a show that was the beginning of the downhill slide for Lilly! :o:o

oh S*it i hope that none come down with it. Same here i would of scratched kelari and i know a few friends that had baby pups there :)

I dont vaccinate my dog because he has allergies, if his antoibody titre came back that he has immunity to Parvo would he still be able to get it? Just a theoretical question, he wasn't at Royal - whoever that person is should get into serious trouble, a lot of dogs could get very sick.

ahahaha Friday round about!!! We met happy tails day last year, now you have a posse of Challenger tafe students who adore your dogs :coffee: ahahahhaaa

definitely introduce yourself ahhahaha I do like Naca's collar i have to say, nice and easy to put on

and I adore all you TAFE girls I must write to ken and tell him what a credit you all are!!

J

Xolo granma!

I dont vaccinate my dog because he has allergies, if his antoibody titre came back that he has immunity to Parvo would he still be able to get it? Just a theoretical question, he wasn't at Royal - whoever that person is should get into serious trouble, a lot of dogs could get very sick.

any dog can get Parvo (even the vaccsones) but they have less risk same goes with the antibodies. Its just keep an eye out and wash hands etc after touching other dogs, its an airborne virus so only way to stop in is to stay home and never venture out!

We cant do that so being vigilant is the next best thing, its there and has been for years, if we are vigilant thats the best for everyones sake.

Mas1981 - what did you think of the seminar yesterday?

I really enjoyed it and it gave me a lot of different ideas, I have not done much hand targeting with Mason, we did some but it was ages ago so it has made me realize that I probably need to do more of it. I am not sure that I will go back and re-teach Mason heeling because he is doing so nicely and I think it would not be fair of me to do that really, if he was not heeling properly or not heeling as I wanted then I might consider re-teaching him with those methods. I also realized that I must do more hind end awareness, I do some but not probably as much as I should do.

What did you think Ptolomy?

I met GR's Paddy this morning - he is so gorgeous :coffee:

any dog can get Parvo (even the vaccsones) but they have less risk same goes with the antibodies. Its just keep an eye out and wash hands etc after touching other dogs, its an airborne virus so only way to stop in is to stay home and never venture out!

We cant do that so being vigilant is the next best thing, its there and has been for years, if we are vigilant thats the best for everyones sake.

I googled parvo a couple of days ago and everything I read said it is NOT airborne, it is a contact disease. :coffee:

I googled parvo a couple of days ago and everything I read said it is NOT airborne, it is a contact disease. :coffee:

I thought that to :rofl: .