Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I would gladly get up in the middle of the night for a puppy if it means I finally have one! Great time of year to do it, too, not cold at night!! Ruby came home in March so I had lovely weather for middle of the night stops, too :D

Agreed :( Except for it not being cold at night... it is freezing here atm :D And I get the fun job of checking on a mare all night who is threatening to foal :D What is the bet she waits until her "due" date in 2 weeks though :D (Foaling 2 weeks early is within the normal range for mares: 320- 370 day is "normal" but "due" date is generally calculated on 340 days)

What are the temps at night out your way mirawee? It might not be hot at night yet, but it's certainly more bearable to be heading out in it over the middle of winter! Think I will have to plan a puppy so it doesn't arrive in winter, that would be horrible!!

Can you set up a baby monitor to check on the horse? :(

Edited by RubyStar

What are the temps at night out your way mirawee? It might not be hot at night yet, but it's certainly more bearable to be heading out in it over the middle of winter! Think I will have to plan a puppy so it doesn't arrive in winter, that would be horrible!!

Um, tonight I am wearing a jumper and jacket :D Has been warmer the last week but today was cold and tonight is colder.

I have a foaling alarm but as I wasn't expecting mare to want to foal this early she isn't in a paddock close enough to get reception! Was planning on moving them all around tomorrow after I drop one horse off to a friend and another to "boot camp"...

I got Mason in June last year and it was awful to get up at that time. And Mason never slept through until he was 6 months old as he had tummy troubles. He did not ever cry at night though which is odd as all my other pups have :D

Yeah well I'm about to give Paddy away! Just put him in a crate in the bedroom and the noise he is making is DEAFENING!!! I will wring his neck before the night is out! :(

I will take him :D

They should put earplugs in the puppy pack when they hand everything over to you :D

He was actually very good, he did squark for 10 minutes and then settled for an hour, he squarked again at 11pm so toilet trip outside, then back to bed and I didn't hear from him until 5am :D

Yeah well I'm about to give Paddy away! Just put him in a crate in the bedroom and the noise he is making is DEAFENING!!! I will wring his neck before the night is out! :(

I will take him :D

They should put earplugs in the puppy pack when they hand everything over to you :D

He was actually very good, he did squark for 10 minutes and then settled for an hour, he squarked again at 11pm so toilet trip outside, then back to bed and I didn't hear from him until 5am :D

Oh wow that isnt bad!!

Yeah well I'm about to give Paddy away! Just put him in a crate in the bedroom and the noise he is making is DEAFENING!!! I will wring his neck before the night is out! :thumbsup:

I will take him :)

They should put earplugs in the puppy pack when they hand everything over to you :eek:

He was actually very good, he did squark for 10 minutes and then settled for an hour, he squarked again at 11pm so toilet trip outside, then back to bed and I didn't hear from him until 5am :eek:

Oh wow that isnt bad!!

Im jealous! haha and yes I too would be more than happy to take him off your hands! He can come keep my terror company.

I would gladly get up in the middle of the night for a puppy if it means I finally have one! Great time of year to do it, too, not cold at night!! Ruby came home in March so I had lovely weather for middle of the night stops, too :)

Yes, it is actually a good time of year to bring home a puppy :thumbsup:

Im jealous! haha and yes I too would be more than happy to take him off your hands! He can come keep my terror company.

Lordy! TWO puppies?! You'd be a sucker for punishment :eek:

I do have to say though that having an older dog does help. Paddy thinks his big brother is Xmas and follows him everywhere! :eek:

eta - the floor is littered with puppy toys and Dougal's toys ..... and what is the puppy playing with? The Sunday Times and the screwed up receipt from the shop :)

Edited by Golden Rules

Found a great new spot to walk the dogs this morning :eek: . I think it's called Sandy Beach, it's in Bassendean, it has lots of walking tracks. This woman had two dogs, one followed us for ages we started thinking maybe it wasn't hers so we stopped and when she caught up we asked if it was hers and she says yes sorry I'm daydreaming this morning, so we keep walking and the dog still follows us and she never calls it back :thumbsup: we crossed a road, this dog jumped into someones backyard with their dogs, then followed us some more then I don't know where it went. Weird maybe she wanted to lose it, she made no effort to call it back and walked off in a different direction to us :eek: .

Edited by Tiggy

Lordy! TWO puppies?! You'd be a sucker for punishment :thumbsup:

I do have to say though that having an older dog does help. Paddy thinks his big brother is Xmas and follows him everywhere! :eek:

eta - the floor is littered with puppy toys and Dougal's toys ..... and what is the puppy playing with? The Sunday Times and the screwed up receipt from the shop :eek:

Haha sounds like kenobi, has all these toys but loves the loo rolls and empty coke box. Hope he likes his clear run toys heheehee

Yeah maybe I am a sucker for punishment but it might keep him company, not sure when we will get dog #2 but prob not till kenobi is 1.5 - 2 this will be OH dog but as he's away yep Im sure it'll end up been a mamas dog :)

GR, Paddy is adorable :thumbsup: Puppy cuddles :eek:

'

I am hoping my cool coat fits too :)Tiggy, your Banjo isn't that little! My Banjo has been ordered a 22" coat and I am fairly sure my boy is a lot taller!

He is little :eek::) He's my baby :D

Huge congrats to DOLer RoxyNHemi for handling my lovely mother-in-law's Standard Poodle boy "Cash" to...

Best Exhibit In Show

at the Perth Royal Show yesterday!! :rofl::thumbsup::eek::) :D :eek::)

Cash's usual handler & co-owner Peter was unfortunately away at work, so Sarah stepped in and did a great job! Cash was loving the crowds and cheering, and had a big grin on his face all day :rofl:

Piccies below...

RoyalCashy4.jpg

RoyalCashy.jpg

RoyalCashy2.jpg

RoyalCashy3.jpg

RoyalCashy5.jpg

SarahBIS2.jpg

Also, Congrats to DOLer Boxagirl and her boss for Granger the Afghan's RUBIS - he looked beautiful! Piccies of him...

RoyalAffy3.jpg

RoyalAffy2.jpg

RoyalAffy1.jpg

RoyalAffy4.jpg

And also well done to DOLer Winpara for taking most of these lovely pics! :rofl:

Huge congrats to DOLer RoxyNHemi for handling my lovely mother-in-law's Standard Poodle boy "Cash" to...

Best Exhibit In Show

at the Perth Royal Show yesterday!! :) ;) ;) :(:):dancingelephant::wave:

Cash's usual handler & co-owner Peter was unfortunately away at work, so Sarah stepped in and did a great job! Cash was loving the crowds and cheering, and had a big grin on his face all day :)

Piccies below...

SarahBIS2.jpg

Thanks!!! It was certainley a pleasure being able to step in for Peter!!! and thanks Winpara for some lovely shots!

And yes, that was lemonade in that cup :)

Edited by RoxyNHemi