Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Thanks for the feedback I will give them a call. I really just wanted it for the social aspect as I dont want a very naughty boy at training haha he's already a shit (well no not really) she was saying they learn sit drop all those things I have already gotten him to sit and were doing well with that hes a clever cookie not that Im bais haha

what age can they start tracking it sounds like fun

Any age after they are covered by their vaccinations, also great for older dogs in their senior years as they don't have to go beyond a walk.

ohthat is awesome i may have to try it out with my older boy who suffers from hip and elbow problems he'd lov to get out and about

Easy as I have even been to the hairdredder and beautician today!

I posted on FB I am not on till Tomorrow! lol

oh i am a day early rofl

The club has the harnesses available for purchase but you can start of with any harness until you decide that you like it. With the lead I bought a 10m lunge lead from the horse shop for around $10 although you may need longer than this later. Some dogs they recommend wearing gloves with but I didn't find it necessary although they did recommend it with my dog. We flag out our tracks by using the green bamboo garden stakes and surveyors tape/ribbon (avail from Bunnings for about $8 a roll) and I use an old camping chair bag as my flag bag but the instructors usually provide them for the first couple of weeks.

I started with a car harness but found that it slipped too much and then went for one of the clubs harnesses. Wet weather gear is recommended too with it being over winter but given how little rain we got this year I didn't need more that a waterproof jacket once or twice during the season.

Thanks so much ozjen! :(

I found a couple of books on the topic that look interesting so might get some reading in before the puppy gets here.

The club has the harnesses available for purchase but you can start of with any harness until you decide that you like it. With the lead I bought a 10m lunge lead from the horse shop for around $10 although you may need longer than this later. Some dogs they recommend wearing gloves with but I didn't find it necessary although they did recommend it with my dog. We flag out our tracks by using the green bamboo garden stakes and surveyors tape/ribbon (avail from Bunnings for about $8 a roll) and I use an old camping chair bag as my flag bag but the instructors usually provide them for the first couple of weeks.

I started with a car harness but found that it slipped too much and then went for one of the clubs harnesses. Wet weather gear is recommended too with it being over winter but given how little rain we got this year I didn't need more that a waterproof jacket once or twice during the season.

Thanks so much ozjen! :(

I found a couple of books on the topic that look interesting so might get some reading in before the puppy gets here.

Tracking really is great - my lab was a bit useless at it but with more effort on my part he could have done better, he has also settled down a bit from his wild puppy days so maybe will give it a go next year or so.

Awwww can somebody take a video camera I wanna see some Strauss video :( . Ptolomy you seem to always be in the thick of suspicious activities - only the other week the fire alarm kept going off and now suspicious packages - hmmmm did it squeak might be another shipment of i-squeaks :confused::laugh::laugh::laugh: .

Hmm another interesting day at work - Roads are blocked off in Freo due to a suspcious package in Market Street being treated as a bomb threat - hoe hummmmmm :eek:

oh dear lol.

good luck with strauss i so want to meet him lol where is this clinic being held?/ i will be at canine cheering on some boxers at their show.

good luck with strauss i so want to meet him lol where is this clinic being held?/ i will be at canine cheering on some boxers at their show.

The heeling clinic is at Carine.

Boxers - how come??

Mid November I think I have entered Strauss in his first show :eek: (as she funbles for ValleyCBR's mobile number asking for help)

what she thought of being judged :(

lol, gorgeous pic emery :(

I will be getting a girl who has had babies before and is a good birther!! The breeder has picked a couple of girls out, just depends on who is pregnant and to who!!

It will be and interesting journey. Ive had experience with sheep and cows giving birth, one horse and even a cat - just hope llamas do it easy and nothing goes wrong :(

Im really looking forward to getting something new and unusual to work with! I will even try my Parelli skills out on Felea!!

Good luck with your Llamas, how exciting :) Alpacas are on my wish list for when I retire to my smallholding :mad

lol, that sent Louis running outside barking at the 'intruder' :o

Good luck J - hope you have a great day today :)

Well tomorrow we get the keys to our new rental and finally get all our belongings delivered :eek: After 3 months of living out of the 3 bags we brought over on the plane, it will be great to be surrounded by our own furniture again :) Luckily we have a few days when we have both houses, so we can leave the animals here and move them over to the new one once the removal men are done.

I think the dogs will settle pretty quickly, we'll just need ear plugs for Indy as she'll howl for the first few days :o

Well tomorrow we get the keys to our new rental and finally get all our belongings delivered :eek: After 3 months of living out of the 3 bags we brought over on the plane, it will be great to be surrounded by our own furniture again :D Luckily we have a few days when we have both houses, so we can leave the animals here and move them over to the new one once the removal men are done.

I think the dogs will settle pretty quickly, we'll just need ear plugs for Indy as she'll howl for the first few days :o

You won't know yourself having so many clothes to choose from :o

Good luck with the move :mad

The heeling clinic is at Carine.

Boxers - how come??

Mid November I think I have entered Strauss in his first show :o (as she funbles for ValleyCBR's mobile number asking for help)

well i think it is this sunday lol. a friend is showing her two boxers and has asked for a cheer squad and i may help out depending what happens :(

we wont be showing kelari to nov am gonna see if i can get someone to handle her at the ABDC show on the 30th of oct as i will be in townsville hopefully.

what she thought of being judged :o

lol, gorgeous pic emery :D

Well tomorrow we get the keys to our new rental and finally get all our belongings delivered :eek: After 3 months of living out of the 3 bags we brought over on the plane, it will be great to be surrounded by our own furniture again :( Luckily we have a few days when we have both houses, so we can leave the animals here and move them over to the new one once the removal men are done.

I think the dogs will settle pretty quickly, we'll just need ear plugs for Indy as she'll howl for the first few days :mad

thanks it was well captured :)

yay good luck with the move and having your own place :(

what age can they start tracking it sounds like fun

Any age after they are covered by their vaccinations, also great for older dogs in their senior years as they don't have to go beyond a walk.

Just gate-crashing to add that they can't compete before 6 months of age, and personally, I like to leave it a bit longer than that so that they have the physical, and more importantly, the mental maturity. (Back in the early days, they had to have their CD title - crazy, but gives you an idea of the sort of age you'd be looking at.)

And it's a great game for the dogs (even if my agility girl thinks it needs to be done at warp speed :eek: - less than desirable. :mad

Hmm another interesting day at work - Roads are blocked off in Freo due to a suspcious package in Market Street being treated as a bomb threat - hoe hummmmmm :eek:

oh dear lol.

I'll be at Canine on Sunday too, with a little Papillon attending his first show at the Toy club show, if you see me don't laugh I'm use to having a much bigger dog in the ring.

Come say hi.

what she thought of being judged :(

lol, gorgeous pic emery :(

I will be getting a girl who has had babies before and is a good birther!! The breeder has picked a couple of girls out, just depends on who is pregnant and to who!!

It will be and interesting journey. Ive had experience with sheep and cows giving birth, one horse and even a cat - just hope llamas do it easy and nothing goes wrong :(

Im really looking forward to getting something new and unusual to work with! I will even try my Parelli skills out on Felea!!

Good luck with your Llamas, how exciting :) Alpacas are on my wish list for when I retire to my smallholding :mad

lol, that sent Louis running outside barking at the 'intruder' :o

Good luck J - hope you have a great day today :)

Well tomorrow we get the keys to our new rental and finally get all our belongings delivered :eek: After 3 months of living out of the 3 bags we brought over on the plane, it will be great to be surrounded by our own furniture again :) Luckily we have a few days when we have both houses, so we can leave the animals here and move them over to the new one once the removal men are done.

It will feel more like home once you have all your own stuff around you, have fun moving.