Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

i got pitti cudlles i got pitti cuddles i got pitti cuddles okay enough bragging. took dogs for a swimand had a grea talk with a family that are thinking of a rotti for their next dog they currently have a ten year old chocolate lab, then when we were leaving a gorgeous pupper came up to say hi and i had suspicions so i asked and i was right and he was oh so smoochy loved kelari lol,

then off to better pets for a hydrobath and there was a couple with an older rescue rotti who took all my deatils for when they are looking for another rotti was a great day felt special that my two special dogs got lotsof cuddles and made people ask about registered rotts :thumbsup: also met a 9 month old registered rtti that was oh so tall but gorgoeus :thumbsup:

great day bahh the skin kids though lol they drove me insane rofl

ps i am showing at the royal tomorrow i am wearing a white pant suit witha red top underneath and will have a frangipan hair clip in if you see me come say hi :)

I think we saw rubystar and Millie doing their obedience today! There was a gorgeous choc lab who was getting a little distracted :thumbsup: Was that Millie? I think she did a lovely job and looked like she had fun!

Yep that woulda been us then, I had the only Labs in obedience today and she's the only choc I've seen in obedience :)

The poor girl was more than distracted, she was a tad worried about all the people there. She pulled off some nice heelwork once I got her attention at the start peg (I have never had to fight that hard to get her attention before! That was telling me from the start it wasn't going to be good), but then when we got near the ring ropes the crowd was just too much for her to handle and she had a bit of a meltdown ;)

Where were you, Mim?

Edit: Here, you can confirm if it was us or not :thumbsup:

Millie's round from today:

Edited by RubyStar

Aww, poor Millie :( A little bit of stage fright.

I went to Piney Lakes this morning .... I don't think I'll ever be able to go back.

Firstly Sh*thead decided to leave the park and visit some neighbouring homes.

Got him back and we walked on the footpath furtherest away from the road/houses but he decided to go for a swim. By the time we caught up with the dogs, they were both swimming round and round in the duck pond. :laugh:

Leashed them again, chatted for a while longer and let them off again, Sh*thead instantly took off at a rate of knotts to the other side of the lake and had another swim with more ducks before deciding to return. :D

He was so exhausted afterwads that he put himself to bed when we got home and I haven't seen him since. Probably just as well.

Edited by Golden Rules

Not sure if this is current but:

Council Threat to Riverside Gardens

The Bayswater Council are currently considering changing the off-lead status of Riverside Gardens - one of Perth's premier dog exercise areas. The Friends Of Riverside Gardens (FORG) are a community group set up to monitor the council proposals and put the case of dogs and their handlers. You can visit their website at www.forgwa.com

Are you concerned about the future of Riverside Gardens Bayswater – have your say – fill in FORG's on-line survey at http://forgwa.questionform.com/public/Riverside-Gardens

Sonds like everyone is busy and having buckets loads of fun!

We have been going great toilet training was going along swimminly until I had a nap and my fiance took over and we had a lot of accidents!! so back to the start and a huge list of do's and dont's on the fridge for my fiance to follow haha poor bugger more rules than the Kenobi!

I just wanted to ask you if you know the obediance classes in bunbury at the dog club I emailed and called but no answer :( I know its still too soon for him but he is going no if buts and maybes!!! and I would love for him to have some play dates friends (we aleady have a few linned up when hes got his Vacs) or if you have recommendations for somewhere in bunbury that does, I would be very greatful.

I must say he's a bucketful of fun and such a delight oh and what a mums boy he is!

Yes RS we saw you and Millie then! In that video, at the 1 min mark, my brother is the guy in red behind you/slightly camera right. We didn't watch your whole routine because he was impatient to pat a pig :( As soon as I saw a choc lab though I said "I think that dog is from my forum". I am a DOL tragic :laugh: We weren't exhibiting or anything, just spectators.

Sonds like everyone is busy and having buckets loads of fun!

We have been going great toilet training was going along swimminly until I had a nap and my fiance took over and we had a lot of accidents!! so back to the start and a huge list of do's and dont's on the fridge for my fiance to follow haha poor bugger more rules than the Kenobi!

I just wanted to ask you if you know the obediance classes in bunbury at the dog club I emailed and called but no answer :( I know its still too soon for him but he is going no if buts and maybes!!! and I would love for him to have some play dates friends (we aleady have a few linned up when hes got his Vacs) or if you have recommendations for somewhere in bunbury that does, I would be very greatful.

I must say he's a bucketful of fun and such a delight oh and what a mums boy he is!

Claire Gick at Benotto does obedience thats were I am taking my two next term, she has a web site

www.benotto.com

or email me private and I can send you her email and phone number

The Bayswater Council are currently considering changing the off-lead status of Riverside Gardens - one of Perth's premier dog exercise areas. The Friends Of Riverside Gardens (FORG) are a community group set up to monitor the council proposals and put the case of dogs and their handlers. You can visit their website at www.forgwa.com

Are you concerned about the future of Riverside Gardens Bayswater – have your say – fill in FORG's on-line survey at http://forgwa.questionform.com/public/Riverside-Gardens

Would be such a shame to loose this wonderful site but given the amount of dog poop I saw when I was heading back to the car last time we were there people only have themselves to blame. Unfortunatly the lazy ones always spoil it for everyone else.

I think we saw rubystar and Millie doing their obedience today! There was a gorgeous choc lab who was getting a little distracted :( Was that Millie? I think she did a lovely job and looked like she had fun!

Yep that woulda been us then, I had the only Labs in obedience today and she's the only choc I've seen in obedience :laugh:

The poor girl was more than distracted, she was a tad worried about all the people there. She pulled off some nice heelwork once I got her attention at the start peg (I have never had to fight that hard to get her attention before! That was telling me from the start it wasn't going to be good), but then when we got near the ring ropes the crowd was just too much for her to handle and she had a bit of a meltdown :thumbsup:

Where were you, Mim?

Edit: Here, you can confirm if it was us or not :D

Millie's round from today:

Neve mind Rubystar, she will make it up to you at the state obedience.

Bdazzled, quite a few people commented to me about the stunning Aussie in obedience today and how well he worked, so enjoyed telling them what a big achiever he is. ;)

Aww, poor Millie :( A little bit of stage fright.

I went to Piney Lakes this morning .... I don't think I'll ever be able to go back.

Firstly Sh*thead decided to leave the park and visit some neighbouring homes.

Got him back and we walked on the footpath furtherest away from the road/houses but he decided to go for a swim. By the time we caught up with the dogs, they were both swimming round and round in the duck pond. :laugh:

Leashed them again, chatted for a while longer and let them off again, Sh*thead instantly took off at a rate of knotts to the other side of the lake and had another swim with more ducks before deciding to return. :D

He was so exhausted afterwads that he put himself to bed when we got home and I haven't seen him since. Probably just as well.

That sounds exactly like something Mason would do, if there is water and he is offlead he WILL swim, he bolts towards water like mad!

It's current but not new. The group was formed a couple of years ago when they first started talking about it. I get emails from them occasionally. It's one of those things that WILL happen, sooner rather than later. The silly thing is, people will find somehwere else to go with their dogs and the proposed cafe won't do as well as they expect. They know it's a very popular place but that's because the dogs have access to the river!

I wish there was CCTV from the carpark to catch the lazy buggers who don't pick up after their dogs.

One of my workmates lives on Milne St (she has no dogs) and she said she hates the dogs being there because when she takes her small children to the playground she has to pick up heaps of poo so that the toddler doesn't pick it up, it will be people like this who want the dogs banned and rightfully so, they shouldn't have to be doing that!

How hard is it to pick up after your damn dogs! There are plenty of bags provided. Maybe they need the presence of a ranger type person there watching, or more signage?

One of my workmates lives on Milne St (she has no dogs) and she said she hates the dogs being there because when she takes her small children to the playground she has to pick up heaps of poo so that the toddler doesn't pick it up, it will be people like this who want the dogs banned and rightfully so, they shouldn't have to be doing that!

How hard is it to pick up after your damn dogs! There are plenty of bags provided. Maybe they need the presence of a ranger type person there watching, or more signage?

Yes, the playground was only installed there about 2 years ago and that was the beginning of the end of Riverside for the dogs.

Hi WA people :)

I am wondering if anyone does Tracking? It looks interesting and I am looking at activities to eventually do with our dog (she will be born in 4 weeks lol). I am also really interested in Agility, but that seems to be offered on weeknights which poses a problem for me. I don't drive and my OH works shiftwork so I'd only be able to attend every second week, not sure how much of a problem that would be.

:cheer:

There are some DOLers on here who do tracking. I'm pretty sure the tracking season is finished for the year? It's quite short and over the cooler months because of snakes etc. Your pup will probably be a good age for it for next season :)

Here is Trackwest's website:

http://www.trackwest.com.au/

What breed are you getting? (sorry if I missed it :cheer: )

There are some DOLers on here who do tracking. I'm pretty sure the tracking season is finished for the year? It's quite short and over the cooler months because of snakes etc. Your pup will probably be a good age for it for next season :rofl:

What breed are you getting? (sorry if I missed it :bolt: )

Thanks, amypie :rofl: Website is great! Looks like so much fun!

I am getting a Dobermann :rofl:

I am getting a little frustrated though, seems like just about everything is on a weeknight! And like I said before I can only go places at night every second week on weekdays. I am looking for a good place to do obedience and can only find one place that seems to do weekends, but it's over an hour from here. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I am in the southern suburbs. Someone told me that they thought there was a place in Gosnells that had classes on Sundays but I can't seem to find anything.

emery, congrats :) Was there decent security at the Royal Show for dogs this year? Just curious after what happened to the poor lil Chi.

There are some DOLers on here who do tracking. I'm pretty sure the tracking season is finished for the year? It's quite short and over the cooler months because of snakes etc. Your pup will probably be a good age for it for next season :rofl:

What breed are you getting? (sorry if I missed it :bolt: )

Thanks, amypie :rofl: Website is great! Looks like so much fun!

I am getting a Dobermann :rofl:

I am getting a little frustrated though, seems like just about everything is on a weeknight! And like I said before I can only go places at night every second week on weekdays. I am looking for a good place to do obedience and can only find one place that seems to do weekends, but it's over an hour from here. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I am in the southern suburbs. Someone told me that they thought there was a place in Gosnells that had classes on Sundays but I can't seem to find anything.

emery, congrats :) Was there decent security at the Royal Show for dogs this year? Just curious after what happened to the poor lil Chi.

there are a lot of staff wandering around and they closed of part of the pavillion for lunch they were around all day but i fi wasn't with my dog she was sitting with another friend or hubby better to be safe then sorry