Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

RS what you wrote on WA Click about the WC was very well written :rofl:

It's so wrong for them to cancel the challenge when people have worked hard getting points for that reason and now it's for nothing :rofl:

and no I won't be getting a Border Collie(sorry ness ;) )

Great news Vaders mum cant wait for pics.

For all you Obedience people, I am sorry you have lost an event, from my limited experience with the Bunbury club, I once asked

"Dont the showies, Agility and Obedience people all work together!!"

I just got so many looks like

WHAT a stupid question, silly me I just assumed the Dog world was a united front, very sad indeed.

BUT as they say dont let the bastar**** get you done, rise above and beyond.

???? The obedience sub committee offered to take it on and many have put up their hands to help. It was taken off without consultation.
I was also under the impression that helpers from the obedience world was very lacking & that the show people have been doing more than there share of work over the years .

I personally now the work put in by the committee & the show people regarding the obedience section it it is many many many hrs during the day & the event .

Remember people you can be part of the WC committee These events don't run by themselves

Yes they may have but i now for fact in the past they have struggled for reliable help .

The obedience committee members on the WC is very small compared to the show people .

The WC committee aren.t allowed to handle at the event so not sure if this applies to dog sports aswell ??

The committee either end up not entering at all at this prestigous event so it can be run for others or if lucky enough find good handlers to take the dogs in .

Not sure if this applies to the obedience people

As for the COW many hands make light work & people help set up/pack up

?

Yes they may have but i now for fact in the past they have struggled for reliable help .

The obedience committee members on the WC is very small compared to the show people .

The WC committee aren.t allowed to handle at the event so not sure if this applies to dog sports aswell ??

The committee either end up not entering at all at this prestigous event so it can be run for others or if lucky enough find good handlers to take the dogs in .

Not sure if this applies to the obedience people

As for the COW many hands make light work & people help set up/pack up

?

I think people on the obidience/agility comitte are allowed to handle. I think the difference is that judgong for dog sports is more like maths - wright or wrong no in between whereas showing is less black and white, one persons interpretation on the day based on thier opinions/ interpretation of standards.

WZ- I am involved in obedience, agility and showing and I also have a huge admiration for retrieveing and tracking. However (putting on flame suit) I have found that sports people more readily make fun of showing people BUT most showing people I speak to have nothing but admiration for those that do sports. Saying that though it really is up to us dog sports people to look after our interests because as much as showing people may admire sports they have a bucketload of work of thier own to do! :laugh: Obviously since we didn't know about any of this WC stuff until too late I would like to know what can be done for the future? Get a sports person on the WC committie? Maybe we could copy Dogs SA and have an open day where we have displays from all dog sports and have the obedience challenge there.

I know that sounds awfully naieve but all I have seen so far is finger pointing and no actual solutions. ;)

Awwww baby beagle how cute ;) . ROFL Ptolomy about walking around saying I don't need a baby beagle. Hmmm not sure were you would find the time to train any more dogs at the moment :laugh: .

ETA. Not sure our DogsSA open days are worth copying they are seriously a little disorganised - the concept is ok just the way they are done and the dates they select leave a little to be desired. Funny you mention the obedience challenge - not sure that is a particularly well thought out suggestion either. Its one event that is never very well supported. I don't think it would work very well in WA either as a lot of top obedience people are only loosely affiliated with clubs.

We do have an invitational event that is similar in principle to your WC event only I think its based on having achieved a single score over a particular number (I think but don't quote me its 185) rather than people submitting there top scores and taking the top 10 or whatever. However its just held on a normal trial day and not really in conjunction with any one event like a classic or an autumn international.

Edited by ness

Awwww baby beagle how cute ;) . ROFL Ptolomy about walking around saying I don't need a baby beagle. Hmmm not sure were you would find the time to train any more dogs at the moment :laugh: .

ETA. Not sure our DogsSA open days are worth copying they are seriously a little disorganised - the concept is ok just the way they are done and the dates they select leave a little to be desired. Funny you mention the obedience challenge - not sure that is a particularly well thought out suggestion either. Its one event that is never very well supported. I don't think it would work very well in WA either as a lot of top obedience people are only loosely affiliated with clubs.

We do have an invitational event that is similar in principle to your WC event only I think its based on having achieved a single score over a particular number (I think but don't quote me its 185) rather than people submitting there top scores and taking the top 10 or whatever. However its just held on a normal trial day and not really in conjunction with any one event like a classic or an autumn international.

The Dogs SA open day did seem a little disorganized and was REALLY badly timed, but the concept was good and I got to see a tracking demonstration,earthdog demonstration and herding demonstration and some DWD going on. For the general public that would be really exciting and an eye opener of what they can do with thier dog.

The Dogs SA open day did seem a little disorganized and was REALLY badly timed, but the concept was good and I got to see a tracking demonstration,earthdog demonstration and herding demonstration and some DWD going on. For the general public that would be really exciting and an eye opener of what they can do with thier dog.

I think an Open day sounds great :laugh:

Oh sorry Vader's mum I am not heartless. Kenobi is so cute! :hug: did you end up going with the same breeder? His ears are so adorable.

Edited cause i can't spell.

We certainly did. I think he has replaced my fiance as the new love of my life haha. I have an essay due today but he's so much more fun!

Have added a thread in the photos section with more pics in it too.