Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

:rofl: Just read the new decisions about the WC obedience!

vCBR, obedience at the WC has been quite well supported at previous years - or at least in 2009 when I last looked at a schedule (I didn't do agility this year) there were lots of people entered!

I hope it continues to be and I would dummy enter my dogs to show my support. :cry: However I think I will be really into showing at the WC this year as licnoln will probably title there! :rolleyes:

Ooh exciting :eek:

I don't know what I am going to do at the WC this year. Might see where the judges are from before making a decision since my show dogs are rejects atm and I doubt I would have a new puppy by then :idea: But then again I don't know how many agility dogs I will have as they might be out on maternity duty :rofl: Nice relaxing weekend at home and just take Varda for the obedience (and Banjo for obedience and agility if I get my act together!)?

When is the WC? We wont be ready this year but maybe next year......

In Feb (so next year :cry: )

:D Just read the new decisions about the WC obedience!

vCBR, obedience at the WC has been quite well supported at previous years - or at least in 2009 when I last looked at a schedule (I didn't do agility this year) there were lots of people entered!

I hope it continues to be and I would dummy enter my dogs to show my support. :mad However I think I will be really into showing at the WC this year as licnoln will probably title there! :laugh:

Ooh exciting :mad

I don't know what I am going to do at the WC this year. Might see where the judges are from before making a decision since my show dogs are rejects atm and I doubt I would have a new puppy by then :rofl: But then again I don't know how many agility dogs I will have as they might be out on maternity duty ;) Nice relaxing weekend at home and just take Varda for the obedience (and Banjo for obedience and agility if I get my act together!)?

When is the WC? We wont be ready this year but maybe next year......

In Feb (so next year :mad )

We will see what happens, wont know until closer to the time if he is ready.

So what was the reason given for removing obedience from the WC? Its a big step backwards given that we get many people comming to have a look at the dogs over that weekend and they could be prospective new members of Canine. Obedience is something they can do with their dogs without having to be fit themselves or having a reg pedigree dog. I thought Canine wanted to increase membership. :laugh:

So what was the reason given for removing obedience from the WC? Its a big step backwards given that we get many people comming to have a look at the dogs over that weekend and they could be prospective new members of Canine. Obedience is something they can do with their dogs without having to be fit themselves or having a reg pedigree dog. I thought Canine wanted to increase membership. :rofl:

:laugh: Am thinking that Ptolomy needs to tell us who we should send concerns too. Maybe start a petiton and send it to Ann Rushby? :D I am happy to get signatures on Sunday from the general public as well as us dog folk. ;)

The obedience section of the WC runs at a loss (same with the majority of obedience trials held in WA...) So Governing Council (GC) decided to go to 3 days of agility and 1 of obedience, keeping the obedience challenge.

At the GC meeting last night it was changed and the obedience challenge has been scrapped and the normal obedience reinstated.

Apparently they couldn't just go back to the normal format as judges had already been appointed, schedule done etc etc.

It is proposed to hold the obedience challenge at a later date yet to be decided.

They will then relook at what they will hold in 2012.

Absolutely!!! I'll even cheer you on :rofl: ;) :rofl:

I'm slack!!!! I don't train agility as much as I should. I put in a good deal of foundation training which means he got his titles fairly easily but to be honest I haven't done much agility for a while. We do a few comps and will always enter the big ones and country trials. I'm entered in Masters and Games at the Royal with no training....help!!!! :)

So we will be good ambassadors for the Aussie Shepherds then will we? :rofl:

At the AGM I asked if it was true that the obedience trial had been removed from the Classic as there had been rumors going around. I was told by the then president that it had been decided at the May GC meeting to can the obedience. Many of us were shocked and dismayed and wrote to have the decision recinded. They have just had a meeting and it has now been decided to retain the qualifying trial but we have lost the Challenge ;) :rofl: :rofl: For the showies, this is our equivalent to the Contest of Winners. We gather scores throughout the year to qualify as only the top ten dogs in each class can qualify and it has the added prestige of being judged by eastern states judges.

The May decision basically spelled the death of one of the trials due to the time frames of GC meetings and contracts have already been sent out. Beware people...it can happen to any of us. How would the show people like to lose the Contest of Winners and not be told about it until it is too late??? This is what has happened to us and nearly did to agility also.

This is all public information so I am not talking out of school BTW...just really really mad :):( :(

So what was the reason given for removing obedience from the WC? Its a big step backwards given that we get many people comming to have a look at the dogs over that weekend and they could be prospective new members of Canine. Obedience is something they can do with their dogs without having to be fit themselves or having a reg pedigree dog. I thought Canine wanted to increase membership. :rofl:

Absolutely!!! I'll even cheer you on :rofl: ;) :rofl:
I'm slack!!!! I don't train agility as much as I should. I put in a good deal of foundation training which means he got his titles fairly easily but to be honest I haven't done much agility for a while. We do a few comps and will always enter the big ones and country trials. I'm entered in Masters and Games at the Royal with no training....help!!!! :(

So we will be good ambassadors for the Aussie Shepherds then will we? :rofl:

Funny :)

At the AGM I asked if it was true that the obedience trial had been removed from the Classic as there had been rumors going around. I was told by the then president that it had been decided at the May GC meeting to can the obedience. Many of us were shocked and dismayed and wrote to have the decision recinded. They have just had a meeting and it has now been decided to retain the qualifying trial but we have lost the Challenge :rofl::):( For the showies, this is our equivalent to the Contest of Winners. We gather scores throughout the year to qualify as only the top ten dogs in each class can qualify and it has the added prestige of being judged by eastern states judges.

The May decision basically spelled the death of one of the trials due to the time frames of GC meetings and contracts have already been sent out. Beware people...it can happen to any of us. How would the show people like to lose the Contest of Winners and not be told about it until it is too late??? This is what has happened to us and nearly did to agility also.

This is all public information so I am not talking out of school BTW...just really really mad :( :( :)

:rofl: ;) :rofl:

Fuming here, too!! I want the Challenge, I have been working towards it!!!!

How dare they :cry::cry::grouphug::grouphug:

and who removed it from the WC in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I know no need to mention names or which side of the fence they sit.

Who? :rofl:

Well I may as well go buy me a Border Collie now, it seems the only sport still flourishing is agility.

Sigh ;)

that sucks about the wc. :rofl: sorry for those that do obedience.

on another note i am now a cripple ;) i crushed my finger at work today within 3 seconds my wholefinger was red from blood and purple from the bruise and boy does it hurt :rofl: its on my main hand too :rofl: so no training for the dog to it heals and got the royal on monday :)

I was also under the impression that helpers from the obedience world was very lacking & that the show people have been doing more than there share of work over the years .

I personally now the work put in by the committee & the show people regarding the obedience section it it is many many many hrs during the day & the event .

Remember people you can be part of the WC committee These events don't run by themselves

???? The obedience sub committee offered to take it on and many have put up their hands to help. It was taken off without consultation.

I was also under the impression that helpers from the obedience world was very lacking & that the show people have been doing more than there share of work over the years .

I personally now the work put in by the committee & the show people regarding the obedience section it it is many many many hrs during the day & the event .

Remember people you can be part of the WC committee These events don't run by themselves