Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I haven't brushed mine so don't know how much they are shedding :rofl: Actually now that I think about it Kinta is though... Washed a friend's dog for her last weekend too which made her coat blow :laugh: Ended up blowdrying half her coat out :D

Can anyone tell me where I can find the dogs on sunday at the Royal Show - obedience is on sunday right??

The show dogs (including my crew and OzJen's Jenna) will be near gate 1. The obedience dogs are on the opposite side of the grounds near the alpacas...

http://www.perthroyalshow.com.au/your-day-...w/show-map.aspx

If you look at the map the show dogs are where the dog pic is and the obedience dogs are where the PIG is :thumbsup:

Edited by mirawee

I haven't brushed mine so don't know how much they are shedding :rofl: Actually now that I think about it Kinta is though... Washed a friend's dog for her last weekend too which made her coat blow :laugh: Ended up blowdrying half her coat out :D
Can anyone tell me where I can find the dogs on sunday at the Royal Show - obedience is on sunday right??

The show dogs (including my crew and OzJen's Jenna) will be near gate 1. The obedience dogs are on the opposite side of the grounds near the alpacas...

http://www.perthroyalshow.com.au/your-day-...w/show-map.aspx

If you look at the map the show dogs are where the dog pic is and the obedience dogs are where the PIG is :thumbsup:

Thanks Mirawee - wish they would put all the dog events together though...

Are you competing/ showing any horses on sunday??

It would be nice if all the dog events were together. As it is at the moment you can't do both agility/obedience and showing on the one day... and they like having working dogs shown on the same day as one of the sporting events :thumbsup:

No horses for me on Sunday... one year I did show both horses and dogs on the same day but never again :rofl: Will be cheering on a friend's horse though :D And going to visit him in the stable :laugh: Instead I will have Banjo, Boots and Asha to play with :D

It would be nice if all the dog events were together. As it is at the moment you can't do both agility/obedience and showing on the one day... and they like having working dogs shown on the same day as one of the sporting events :D

No horses for me on Sunday... one year I did show both horses and dogs on the same day but never again :laugh: Will be cheering on a friend's horse though :D And going to visit him in the stable :D Instead I will have Banjo, Boots and Asha to play with :p

I am going to try watch some of the horses and some dog events - maybe one day our obedience will be good enough to compete at Royal :rofl: ( No pressure Mason) :thumbsup:

Hmm well the Royal might be the only big show Obedience has left after the stupid decision made today about the Western Classic! :thumbsup:

Don't forget the State Champs :laugh:

However the agility people where asked to give a show of hands at the Gosnell's trial about giving up the extra day of agility to have the obedience back on and everyone agreed - so the obedience event at the WC has the support from the agility community :D Now it is up to the Showies on the committee... (I can say that as I fall in all three camps - well sort of in obedience - I will compete eventually :rofl: )

and who removed it from the WC in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I know no need to mention names or which side of the fence they sit.

I actually have no idea who removed it :rofl: I could guess a few from the agility community who would have been all for it though, or the showing mob since agility brings in more money for DogsWest purely due to numbers.

Hmm just a question.. say I entered Lincoln and Toby in CCD and CD to show my support with my wallet at the Western Classic and then withdrew them on the night would thet be wrong? :rolleyes:

(Because in a few years when Lincoln IS actually ready for CCd and/or CD I would like to have a Western Classic to still enter him in!)

Does anyone know how much space is between the walk railings and the benches at the Royal Show grounds?

Also how big the booths are? I need to get some cushions and unsure how many to get or what size ?

Thanks

J

Exact dimensions are a few posts ago but benches are 1m deep and up to 2.75m wide. It would be split into 2 or 3 for your guys most likely 2.

The railings are moveable and generally set so that you can have a trolley set inside the barrier and still squeeze past (just!)

Thanks Mirawee

stupid question but if u only have 1 dog do you have all that space or do they split it and u end up sharing with others? My mil just made me a curtian for the box now i am unsure if it will go up as she sewed the top to some dowel (sp)

stupid question but if u only have 1 dog do you have all that space or do they split it and u end up sharing with others? My mil just made me a curtian for the box now i am unsure if it will go up as she sewed the top to some dowel (sp)

If you only have one dog you share.

For medium size dogs the space is split up into 3 sections - so just under 1m wide per dog. No idea how much room they would give a Rotty - I would assume at most it would be split into 2 :rolleyes:

If you only have one dog you share.

For medium size dogs the space is split up into 3 sections - so just under 1m wide per dog. No idea how much room they would give a Rotty - I would assume at most it would be split into 2 :idea:

awesome thankyou :rofl: too bad i didn't have her mother to enter in too :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Just read the new decisions about the WC obedience!

vCBR, obedience at the WC has been quite well supported at previous years - or at least in 2009 when I last looked at a schedule (I didn't do agility this year) there were lots of people entered!

:idea: Just read the new decisions about the WC obedience!

vCBR, obedience at the WC has been quite well supported at previous years - or at least in 2009 when I last looked at a schedule (I didn't do agility this year) there were lots of people entered!

I hope it continues to be and I would dummy enter my dogs to show my support. :rofl: However I think I will be really into showing at the WC this year as licnoln will probably title there! :rolleyes:

:rofl: Just read the new decisions about the WC obedience!

I hope it continues to be and I would dummy enter my dogs to show my support. :cry: However I think I will be really into showing at the WC this year as licnoln will probably title there! :rolleyes:

Ooh exciting :eek:

I don't know what I am going to do at the WC this year. Might see where the judges are from before making a decision since my show dogs are rejects atm and I doubt I would have a new puppy by then :idea: But then again I don't know how many agility dogs I will have as they might be out on maternity duty :rofl: Nice relaxing weekend at home and just take Varda for the obedience (and Banjo for obedience and agility if I get my act together!)?

:rofl: Just read the new decisions about the WC obedience!

I hope it continues to be and I would dummy enter my dogs to show my support. :cry: However I think I will be really into showing at the WC this year as licnoln will probably title there! :rolleyes:

Ooh exciting :eek:

I don't know what I am going to do at the WC this year. Might see where the judges are from before making a decision since my show dogs are rejects atm and I doubt I would have a new puppy by then :idea: But then again I don't know how many agility dogs I will have as they might be out on maternity duty :rofl: Nice relaxing weekend at home and just take Varda for the obedience (and Banjo for obedience and agility if I get my act together!)?

When is the WC? We wont be ready this year but maybe next year......