Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

So many pages to catch up on.....

Well done Mas1981 on your results today - you should be tickled pink with Mason - especially since he is going through a tough patch with his allergies.

Mirawee - that photo is beautiful :p

I got a BIG fright this morning. I was gardening in the house yard - pick up a piece of wood and under neath was a duigite. I cover 30m in near record time with all the kids in hot pursuit. The snake is no longer with us - but I am staying with mum for a few days waiting for my heartrate to return to normal. The grey hairs will be with me forever :swing:

:happydance: Ptolomy! Not a good thing for your heart to have to deal with :p

Mas1981, :swing: to Mason :o I love the photos too :happydance:

Tiggy, Banjo looks very proud of himself :happydance: Is he going to help with spread it out as well for you? :o

I am very happy with my foaly, who has been christened Gaz (or Gazza, or whatever else he ends up being called) :happydance: He was less than an hour old in those photos :happydance: I have spent the day foal worshipping and watching him fill out by the minute!

Thanks Ptolomy - I am really very very proud of him - I think G was happy too!

I am terrified of snakes and I think Mason would be inquisitive and probably try play with one which scares me, although saying that he is terrified of the blue tongue lizzard that visits in the summer :swing:

I thought people in here especially Rubystar and Mas could help me here. My sister is wanting to add a lab to her family, specifically a choccie one. She has gone about owning dogs the wrong way before (BYB pitti type and a petshop Akita) so I am trying to help her here and she is really keen to do it right. She has sent me links to 3 lab breeders but is a bit sad that they have really long waiting lists. Anyone have any ideas on breeders and also what might be coming up? she is really keen for her boys to have a dog growing up, if she gets this dog. I may also have an agility dog alot sooner than i expected :swing:

My sister currently does not work but when she goes back to work it is only 2 days a week and dog would have her every other time. She currently has a 3 year old and a 5 month old. I would support her fully and help her a lot with the training of said pup. She is really keen for a dog but had such bad experiences with the last two that she is worried. The older of the boys is good with animals (plays with my two really well)

umm cant think of anything else that I need to say hahaha

mirawee the dogs don't help me spread the wood chips lazy buggers they are :happydance: , they just chew it :o:swing: .

Ptolomy :happydance: how scary and to think it was there for how ever long and you didn't know :o I'm probably scaring you more now :p . I didn't think snakes were out yet so I must be careful on walks.

Cute baby mirawee :happydance: I like the cross too, makes a good horse!!

I have just had an exhausting weekend at a bazillion dog shows........................I am soooooo knackered!

I had a lovely time tho, although I didnt get to catch up with any DOLers apart from WX, who just happened to be sitting with her two gorgeous pooches very close to where we were camped :happydance: . So I got Naca hugs, and feel very lucky! Thanks J!

I saw some lovely dogs, including some south aussie ridgies, cute as buttons 14 week old basenjis and some nice little kelpies....Now after a three hour drive I just want to sleep.

Sorry I missed you!! :happydance: I was on the lookout for a blonde and a redhead today but didn't see anyone that fitted the description and had no idea where/who you would be sitting with...

Will you be at Hound Day at the Royal?

Buzz had a lovely weekend; Baby in Show yesterday at the Sighthound show (not quite by default; the only other baby was another Whippet - Whipitgood's new little one Georgie :happydance: - got some lovely comments from the judge though who was quite taken with him so that was nice!) and was in the last two for Baby in Show today - the judge ran us and a Beagle and the Beagle got it. Not to mention I won the raffle at the Sighthound show yesterday! :happydance::swing:

Not going to Geraldton so next show for us is the Royal, which will be Buzz's last show in Baby! :happydance:

Well done Mas on Mason's wins! Mirawee, Gaz is adorable :p Ptolomy - :o:happydance: Has your heart resumed it's regular rhythm yet? I hate snake season :happydance: ST, did you show Charlie at the Working Dog Show today? Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! :o

ETA: Welcome home Lincoln! :happydance:

Edited by ♥♫PD888♫♥

I thought people in here especially Rubystar and Mas could help me here. My sister is wanting to add a lab to her family, specifically a choccie one. She has gone about owning dogs the wrong way before (BYB pitti type and a petshop Akita) so I am trying to help her here and she is really keen to do it right. She has sent me links to 3 lab breeders but is a bit sad that they have really long waiting lists. Anyone have any ideas on breeders and also what might be coming up? she is really keen for her boys to have a dog growing up, if she gets this dog. I may also have an agility dog alot sooner than i expected :swing:

My sister currently does not work but when she goes back to work it is only 2 days a week and dog would have her every other time. She currently has a 3 year old and a 5 month old. I would support her fully and help her a lot with the training of said pup. She is really keen for a dog but had such bad experiences with the last two that she is worried. The older of the boys is good with animals (plays with my two really well)

I will PM you.

I thought people in here especially Rubystar and Mas could help me here. My sister is wanting to add a lab to her family, specifically a choccie one. She has gone about owning dogs the wrong way before (BYB pitti type and a petshop Akita) so I am trying to help her here and she is really keen to do it right. She has sent me links to 3 lab breeders but is a bit sad that they have really long waiting lists. Anyone have any ideas on breeders and also what might be coming up? she is really keen for her boys to have a dog growing up, if she gets this dog. I may also have an agility dog alot sooner than i expected :laugh:

Blackboy Kennels always has pups or knows of pups that are being born soon, they have a website just google it. Chocs are very hard to come by though and there will be quite a wait unless she can get one from over east.

So many pages to catch up on.....

Well done Mas1981 on your results today - you should be tickled pink with Mason - especially since he is going through a tough patch with his allergies.

Mirawee - that photo is beautiful :laugh:

I got a BIG fright this morning. I was gardening in the house yard - pick up a piece of wood and under neath was a duigite. I cover 30m in near record time with all the kids in hot pursuit. The snake is no longer with us - but I am staying with mum for a few days waiting for my heartrate to return to normal. The grey hairs will be with me forever :laugh:

OMG I never saw this, scared me just reading it!! Glad to hear noone was hurt, and hope thats the first and last.

J

Cute baby mirawee :) I like the cross too, makes a good horse!!

I have just had an exhausting weekend at a bazillion dog shows........................I am soooooo knackered!

I had a lovely time tho, although I didnt get to catch up with any DOLers apart from WX, who just happened to be sitting with her two gorgeous pooches very close to where we were camped :rofl: . So I got Naca hugs, and feel very lucky! Thanks J!

I saw some lovely dogs, including some south aussie ridgies, cute as buttons 14 week old basenjis and some nice little kelpies....Now after a three hour drive I just want to sleep.

Sorry I missed you!! :( I was on the lookout for a blonde and a redhead today but didn't see anyone that fitted the description and had no idea where/who you would be sitting with...

Will you be at Hound Day at the Royal?

Buzz had a lovely weekend; Baby in Show yesterday at the Sighthound show (not quite by default; the only other baby was another Whippet - Whipitgood's new little one Georgie :rofl: - got some lovely comments from the judge though who was quite taken with him so that was nice!) and was in the last two for Baby in Show today - the judge ran us and a Beagle and the Beagle got it. Not to mention I won the raffle at the Sighthound show yesterday! :):laugh:

Not going to Geraldton so next show for us is the Royal, which will be Buzz's last show in Baby! :laugh:

Well done Mas on Mason's wins! Mirawee, Gaz is adorable :laugh: Ptolomy - :laugh::bolt: Has your heart resumed it's regular rhythm yet? I hate snake season :( ST, did you show Charlie at the Working Dog Show today? Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! :laugh:

ETA: Welcome home Lincoln! :D

congrats on your win :D

well done mason :)

i was there on sat for the utility dog club so just group 6 judging idn't leav before 5pm :S was a long day then we drove t bunbury. in the open show kelari got reserve challenge (first showin minor) got nothing else in either though the champ show i watied around for class for the judge t only have an eye for flufies all fluffies awarded. oh well such is life i guess i was all confuddled i thought it was her last show in baby till i gotthere ooops so i was a bit nervous but she did so well and actually stood like a statue (thinking she doesn't like the undercover area)

But i do have a brag :D Kelari's sister in QLD (kept by breeder) got her first points towards her title taking out challenge bitch at 6 months of age then reserve of breed beating 2 bitches and 4 males (all older) Go Dare well done :D we are so proud (she is out of my bitch so proud grandma here)

Edited by emery