Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Just done my Clean Run order - you guys are a bad influence :rofl:

What did you buy? :(

I want a couple of cool coats and maybe that ball that makes noises and glows :laugh: Need to measure the girls for the cool coats, but can't be bothered getting up :D

I ordered a cool coat and a tug toy that has a pouch on the end that you put food in to encourage tugging. I bought Mason 1 size bigger coat then he has now as this one sits on his rump and his butt and tail area are not covered, just hope it is not too big ..... he is a lot bigger than your girls though - about 10K'gs heavier I think :o I ordered a 28" i think it was with the blue trim.

right WAers... who knows where there is a DIY Hydrobath SoR? Charlie needs some serious hydrobathing, but i need it to be somewhere where I can do it and use my own shampoo... I have a dryer at home so i don't need to dry him there. I know that some PetStocks have them but there doesn't seeem to be any PetStocks SoR?

Doesn't say on the website. Maybe give Cockburn/Jandakot a call, they'd be closest to you wouldn't they?

South Central Cockburn

87 Armadale Rd

Tel: 9417 1522

I don't usually take much notice of the hydrobaths since I have small almost bald dogs :)

Labrat will be lovely to meet you :thumbsup: will look forward to it
Yes we will be there, not sure who is showing the dog yet but Kim is getting someone!! She has a super child handler she is going to ask for the Royal, hopefully she will be ok to do it.

Update on Kims leg ( the Xolo handler) she has tore the hammy from the bone so its a definate 3 months off for her)

J

Oh J not good the offer is there from any show after this sunday to handle for you if you need it i would feel honored lol.

if you are stuck for the royal i can help out there too will pay my own way no worries :thumbsup: Just give a holler :thumbsup:

Lisa

I will endeavor to track you down Emery :laugh:

I would love to volunteer to help with the Xolos - but my stupid shift work makes me too unreliable for weekends :D :thumbsup: ..Which is precisely why I am so over the moon excited about going to the shows this weekend :) :)

Ill be interested to see them trotting around the ring on Sunday thats for sure!

Thanks AP i just rang them too - they are having one installed tomorrow so I wonder if perhaps it's going to be a bit busy on the weekend...

I too have pretty bald dogs in comparison to charlie, although I'm thinking about giving James a full wash as well - that will be an interesting exerience :)

right WAers... who knows where there is a DIY Hydrobath SoR? Charlie needs some serious hydrobathing, but i need it to be somewhere where I can do it and use my own shampoo... I have a dryer at home so i don't need to dry him there. I know that some PetStocks have them but there doesn't seeem to be any PetStocks SoR?

Yep Better Pets and Gardens Canning Vale, as well as VetWest Canning Vale. At VetWest you can either pay to have them do it (around $20), or pay $10 and take your own towels to do it yourself (so I assume you can use your own shampoo too).

I've been meaning to try the BP&G one but I'm not game to bathe my dogs in public :) Well, Millie at least!

ST you just gave me insparation for making Toby's weekly allergy baths that much easier :laugh:

Midland BP&G have had a hydrobath for ages :D I like having my own though with built in dryer :)

So we can all come to your place to use yours after they get to have a swim in your dam? :)

ST you just gave me insparation for making Toby's weekly allergy baths that much easier :D

Midland BP&G have had a hydrobath for ages :thumbsup: I like having my own though with built in dryer :)

Yeah I have seen it there but never really twigged :laugh: I don't need a dryer though since Toby has virtually no hair :)

I'm trying to decide if i should give Charlie a full body wash or not.. i think i will... just shampoo on whites though.

RS I am worried that I will have a crowd around me when they see that i am bathing a full coated OES...

mirawee I usually bath at home (with a hose!) but once or twice a year when i am doing the greys a really good, high pressure soak is required. I have a friend who i usually go to, but she lives in Baskerville and I can't be arsed with the drive! It took my sister 4 years to realise that a good dryer is a good investment when you have such a coated breed - i'm thinking that talking her into buying a hydrobath will take another 4 years!!

ST you just gave me insparation for making Toby's weekly allergy baths that much easier :)

Out of everything I do for the allergies the bathing is the biggest chore, we sometimes need to bath him 2x a week!! Until we own our own place, no hydrabath for us, I dont dry Mason with a dryer as it just makes his skin even dryer than it already is!

ST you just gave me insparation for making Toby's weekly allergy baths that much easier :D

Out of everything I do for the allergies the bathing is the biggest chore, we sometimes need to bath him 2x a week!! Until we own our own place, no hydrabath for us, I dont dry Mason with a dryer as it just makes his skin even dryer than it already is!

Last night the vet recommended at least once a week until his allergies settle and "foot baths" every other day :) spoiled boy :) We found out insurance dosn't cover immunotherapy and after speaking to the vet last night (who has severe allergies herself so has so much sympathy for alergic dogs :laugh: ) we decided to try changing his diet and upping baths and doses of Polaramine and see if that helps.

I know its a long way away but I stopped using the one in Bunbury as the local Rescue groups were using it and bringing dogs

STRAIGHT from the pound to be bathed!!

I was taking my own disinfectant as I know it wasnt cleaned between dogs anyway, but dogs straight from the pound with no known history was far too much of a worry for me.

God only knows what they could have had in the way of worms, infections and much worse!!

I mentioned it to the managers and the SAFE and SWAR groups but noone seemed bothered so I did not return and started to wash my dogs at home.

Dont want to scare anyone but just wanted to share my experience.

J

Yep Better Pets and Gardens Canning Vale, as well as VetWest Canning Vale. At VetWest you can either pay to have them do it (around $20), or pay $10 and take your own towels to do it yourself (so I assume you can use your own shampoo too).

I've been meaning to try the BP&G one but I'm not game to bathe my dogs in public :) Well, Millie at least!

I'm not sure how far south you are ST - but there is a free Hydrobath at Ascot Vet and also at All Creatures vet in South Perth.

I must try the South Perth one as they have a dryer there as well.

Thans Wazzat :) more of a reason for me to head straight to the brand new hydrobath in Cockburn then :laugh:

GR ta for that information although i'd feel so guilty using their free hydrobath!!! particularly as i am not a customer...

LOL, I am not a customer either but they don't mind! :)