Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Strauss is going very cheaply at the moment - I got home yesterday and all the dogs were soaked - I said hello from a distance and watched what was happening - he would pick up a retrieving bumper and take off around the back yard doing zoomies and the others, including the old girl would chase him. I can add rain to the things that don't bother him :rofl:

As for taking things - yep I lost my hairbrush, shampoo and a towel from the bathroom this morning - blink and they were gone - bless him NOT. The one downside to him getting bigger is that he now has a bigger reach ;)

Awww cute :eek: At least they would all be well exercised by the time you got home :)

I think you should test him out with a nice dead bird :D :eek: :eek: Make sure you warm it up in your hands or under your jumper first to make it more authentic :(

Yesterday I found the remains of a new toy duck strewn all over my (freshly vacuumed) lounge room (I was so annoyed with myself for leaving it within reach - it was Kyzer's handywork), and also foam chunks everywhere, but I can't work out where the foam came from.... that's a worry :mad . Anyway I've decided I'm buying a baby gate and the little cow can only have access to a little bit of the house until she stops being naughty ;)

:) I get similar from my Labs but I furminate outside! :D Don't envy you getting that out of your carpet :(

so do i hubby is naughty thankfully i got a good vaccum and most was able to be picked up in bundles

Emery - good luck with your gorgeous baby - she'll get there!! Patience is a virtue, so they tell me... :mad

i have heard that saying lol will keep at it :eek:

I was just generally scared that afternoon. I was due to start work in Midland at 4 and it was like 3.15 when we chatted. ;)

you were at canine a 3.15 and you started her inmidland at 4 you must of flew here lol or got smooth run no traffic

Well kinda.... If you can imagine a number 10 clipper blade (short) without the cutting blade and put that on a handle. Its good for shortish double coated dogs...labs, kelpies etc. Its an old groomers trick fancied up and works really well!
So how does a furminator work??? What is the actual tool?? I saw a video at City Farmers the other day, and wondered what the actual mechanism is that removes the hair??

its like a metal comb with teeth which pick up the loose, dead hair from the coat as you brush with the *what's the word rofl* same as shaving lol go with the way of the coat

Ok disclaimer i am sleep deprived and brain isn't working lol or i am having a bad blonde brain fart moment. i love it to remove the dead yucky coat leaves them sleek and shiny :eek:

Hmmmmmm.........I may have to think about getting one for the Kelpie!!! Sounds like the go!

PD - you will have to PM me your real name and a description!! I am over introducing myself as "Lab Rat" from DOL :mad :D :) .....I think I scared VCBR when I did that at the last show!!!!

I will endeavour to shrink some Llama pics this arvo. ATM we are in the middle of putting up curtains YAY....

I was just generally scared that afternoon. I was due to start work in Midland at 4 and it was like 3.15 when we chatted. ;)

Oh,you poor bugger - Im sorry it was sucha stressful day for you!!

Next time hopefully will ber better :(

I was just generally scared that afternoon. I was due to start work in Midland at 4 and it was like 3.15 when we chatted. :mad

you were at canine a 3.15 and you started her inmidland at 4 you must of flew here lol or got smooth run no traffic

No the other way ;) I ended up being a half hour late for work! :D

Edited to add: I just realised you meant here as in Midland not Southern River like most DOlers define 'here' :)

Edited by valleyCBR

I was just generally scared that afternoon. I was due to start work in Midland at 4 and it was like 3.15 when we chatted. :mad

No the other way :eek: I ended up being a half hour late for work! :D

Edited to add: I just realised you meant here as in Midland not Southern River like most DOlers define 'here' :)

oops lol yeah thats right i am on the outskirt of midland lol so i knwo the travelling distance ;)

Also I would steal them all :mad I don't think there is one I wouldn't have. :)

Strauss is going very cheaply at the moment - I got home yesterday and all the dogs were soaked - I said hello from a distance and watched what was happening - he would pick up a retrieving bumper and take off around the back yard doing zoomies and the others, including the old girl would chase him. I can add rain to the things that don't bother him ;)

As for taking things - yep I lost my hairbrush, shampoo and a towel from the bathroom this morning - blink and they were gone - bless him NOT. The one downside to him getting bigger is that he now has a bigger reach :D

Or we could put him somewhere with Leila and they could just exhaust each other! Welcome to my world!

Leila has only just stopped stealing things off the kitchen bench (hopefully!) - she has an enormous reach!!

Anyway I've decided I'm buying a baby gate and the little cow can only have access to a little bit of the house until she stops being naughty :mad

Perfect timing, cos I bought a brand new baby/pet gate and have decided I don't want to use it afterall! Brand new in box! Let me know if you're interested :D

Argh I want to go!! But I should be painting :mad Maybe I could paint after.....
Yes I saw the sign for Zumba too - but I'm a bit scared to find out just how unfit i am!!

I will go if you guys do? I am very very unfit and even more uncoordinated! I am so not a dancer!!

Thanks for the congrats everyone :eek:

WX, my hubby popped down with our kids briefly yesterday and caught a glimpse of Naca in the ring and commented that he thought he was really stunning - that is a very big thing for him to say as he is fairly jaded when it comes to dog shows! He was 'born' into the dog world and nowadays much prefers to support me from the sidelines i.e at home :mad

Well done on your Runner Up in group on Saturday! You must be thrilled with them both.

Considering your hubby has a soft spot for Westies :D

Well done everyone on their wins of late.. I have had a month or show off showing... loved the break, only wish it could be longer, but will be heading to a show this weekend as I need to practice with a dog or two for the Royal!

You showing Satan the Am Staff :) Had a good giggle at Chris on the weekend

Hahaha thanks for the vote of confident.... I keep telling myself he cant be that bad... ;)

Good luck with the baby gate AP

Ari just worked out the weak spot and no idea what she does but she manages to move it, then slide out from the join... my poor boys are so good, they wno't even attempt to sneak through a gate so i get home to find her on her own with run of the house!

Ari can also clear the gate quite easily so i had to put another gate above it.

RS if AP doesn't want the gate, i'll buy it off you.

Well there was a punch up :mad Ok not really I made that up ;)

How awesome would that have been, I can imagine why... they found out who put the ballot slips wanting NFC banned. :):rofl: Still waiting on my PM or text Amypie :D

Aww, so you are telling me I missed cake and a punch up :eek: Geez if I had known it would be that exciting I would have made the effort to come :(

Send the PM to me as well as vCBR... I don't want to have to wait until tonight to find out ;)