Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I'll need to progress onto friendly non dominant dogs later on (probably males) so mason will probably be a big help in a few months time

Dougal would be a good dog to try Maizey with if you wanted to.

There was a lady at Tracking who had a DA Wei, and she used to love me bringing Dougal over as she said his body language was very non threatening and she was trying to get her dog to realise not to react to every dog that walks past.

I'll need to progress onto friendly non dominant dogs later on (probably males) so mason will probably be a big help in a few months time

Cool, my friend also has a very friendly female lab, she is very very submissive, she lies on the ground every time a dog sniffs her with paws in the air...

Edited to add I am so happy as my Petplan check arrived today, I was not sure if they were going to pay for all of Masons tests as some of them went to the USA but they paid every single cent!!

Edited by Mas1981

I never thought of Dougal! Once I have gotten her to the point where I am confident to handle her near dogs we will be right, its my confidence that is lacking more than anything. She doesn't react half as bad when she is with my stepdad. So until I know I wont freak out, I wont be taking her near other dogs.

I never thought of Dougal! Once I have gotten her to the point where I am confident to handle her near dogs we will be right, its my confidence that is lacking more than anything. She doesn't react half as bad when she is with my stepdad. So until I know I wont freak out, I wont be taking her near other dogs.

Funny, my DA dog was so much worse if there were men around, it was the weirdest thing, and my friends 2 jack russels ( also females) would fight if male visitors were at her house.

There was a lady at Tracking who had a DA Wei, and she used to love me bringing Dougal over as she said his body language was very non threatening and she was trying to get her dog to realise not to react to every dog that walks past.

GR is that Chase?

Jenni (i think) has done a really good job with him...

Edited by SparkyTansy

GR is that Chase?

I can't remember either of their names :rofl: but she had dark hair ...... and there can't be too many DA Weis at tracking so it probably was them! :)

This dog had two homes very early on in life, and the breeder (from Tasmania?) refused to take the dog back and told them to PTS - this lady rescued him - couldn't believe the breeder! He is a lovely dog, just needs some special training.

GR is that Chase?

I can't remember either of their names :rofl: but she had dark hair ...... and there can't be too many DA Weis at tracking so it probably was them! :)

This dog had two homes very early on in life, and the breeder (from Tasmania?) refused to take the dog back and told them to PTS - this lady rescued him - couldn't believe the breeder! He is a lovely dog, just needs some special training.

Hmmm I wonder ST if this is the same breeder that had a "Legally Docked" wei :mad

Yep that's the one :mad Chase such a beautiful boy :D I remember at one stage when he was still being shown he took a liking to Ari :(

@Valley :)

:) Thought so. Thats so sad. :rofl:

can't wait till saturday, I am actually getting pretty excited to see all the gundogs in action. Will there be a fundraiser BBQ again?

RS here is where you can buy proper retrieving dummies in Australia:

http://www.unitedfieldandretrieving.org.au/shop.html

Ooooh thankyou! :confused:

Now I just need some spare cash :laugh:

When you find out postage if it's cheaper for multiples let me know. Thier dummies are reallycheap too!

Any Dolers visisting Queensland anytime soon? :laugh:

October :eek: but way up north qld can not wait.

Emery I live fairly far north hahaha Wanneroo to be exact!!! I wish I lived closer to the grounds so I could do training and stuff! I was going past there the other night on a tuesday and wondered what would be going on but decided not to drop by

I am going to have to ask a favour of someone experienced soon as well, we are doing alot of training at tafe at the moment with dog aggressive dogs and I really want to work on Maizy with the methods we are using. But I dont have a 'stouge' dog I can use (one that wont react to her or show any interest) it would all be onlead of course! we have a long way to go with her but I would love her to able to atleast go on a walk in peace. I don't think I will be able to convince my parents a behaviorist is the way to go but I am half way to becoming an accredited trainer myself and have made a lot of progress with a dog aggressive dog at tafe that my confidence to throw myself in and work on maizys problems has gotten a lot better

tuesday nights show training with michelle and helena and also agility down the bottom i am thee on tues for show training. Oh you are out near the mother in law lol if you could get the train to near midland i could pick you up could drop you home no worries but would mean a real early morning to drive and get ya and get organised :cry: sorry ;)

OK, thinking about tricks - can someone please set me a trick challenge? :laugh: Except please don't ask for the bubble blowing one, I am fairly confident I will lack all ability to train that one :confused: I suck at trick training, only done a few basics, but would love the challenge!