Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Me :) no :laugh:

You entered Tiggy? Really small numbers in obedience and agility partly due to the fact that the August trial is so soon after the July trial and cost is a factor these days. Also there are retrieving trials on the same weekend and a few people who would normally go to Gero for the obedience and agility are retrieving.
Anyone going to the Gero trial this weekend? I know bedazzled and Brookie are :) . I can't believe there's only four dogs entered in obedience.

I would wait a while and do some basic obedience it takes a few weeks after qtine for all to return to "normal!!"

I use Garth Jennings and he is great ( a qualified Behaviourist) who is only $250 and a 2 hours session and a life time gtee with on going if needed.

We are lucky here in perth there are a lot of good trainers, but if I were you CC I would give them a bit of time, its a big move and lots of changes!!

The photos are great, they all look so happy!!

PS I have a friend who has a litter of Cresties if you feel the need for another one!! ( I know its naughty!!)

J

Thanks J, unfortunately this is 'normal' behaviour for him :laugh: thanks for another recommendation too :D and don't tempt me with puppies, that's very bad :heart: Anyway I'm up to my 2 dog limit for Perth :)

Its ok you can get three just apply! ( I know someone who has written up that many three dogs apps and never failed!! lol)

Your kids look so healthy and happy!

Lilly was at the vet last night. :D She has a cyst between two toes and is on antibiotics this week and wearing a bucket (which she despises, I swear she invented the evil eye) Last time she had a cyst on her back the antibiotics cleared it up and it was fine the time before that with one under her chin she had surgery and crashed under the general anastetic.

The vet said to my dad the first option is to operate, my dad was like "Look at her, shes 14, she has crashed under GA before" the vet says "Well there is a 50/50 chance she won't make it then but it's the most effective option" GET REAL VET! Who the hell recoomends surgery as a first option on an old dog! He clearly has not read her case file and who would take a 50/50 gamble with thier dogs life rather then use treatment that has worked succsesfully before. :laugh:

Sorry guys end of rant.

I had fun at training last night but the drive to Southern River will be so much batter when I have a car stero. :heart:

Lilly was at the vet last night. :D She has a cyst between two toes and is on antibiotics this week and wearing a bucket (which she despises, I swear she invented the evil eye) Last time she had a cyst on her back the antibiotics cleared it up and it was fine the time before that with one under her chin she had surgery and crashed under the general anastetic.

The vet said to my dad the first option is to operate, my dad was like "Look at her, shes 14, she has crashed under GA before" the vet says "Well there is a 50/50 chance she won't make it then but it's the most effective option" GET REAL VET! Who the hell recoomends surgery as a first option on an old dog! He clearly has not read her case file and who would take a 50/50 gamble with thier dogs life rather then use treatment that has worked succsesfully before. :laugh:

Sorry guys end of rant.

I had fun at training last night but the drive to Southern River will be so much batter when I have a car stero. :heart:

If you want a second opinion my vet here in Ellenbrook is very nice and its not too far for you. Hope Lilly gets well soon.

Sorry guys end of rant.

If you want a second opinion my vet here in Ellenbrook is very nice and its not too far for you. Hope Lilly gets well soon.

Hugs to Lilly on a speedy recovery

Poor Lilly!!! I hope she recouvers well. Its always scary having a GA with the oldies and like you I try my hardest not to subject them to that. I would be asking if last time she had any of the tests normally done these days before putting them under GA (liver function etc). Big hugs to her.

Sorry guys end of rant.

Poor Lilly!!! I hope she recouvers well. Its always scary having a GA with the oldies and like you I try my hardest not to subject them to that. I would be asking if last time she had any of the tests normally done these days before putting them under GA (liver function etc). Big hugs to her.

Sorry guys end of rant.

She hasn't had a GA for 4 years so i don't know if they ran any of those tests. the vets we normally see at the clinic are good but because it was after hours it was a vet we don't often get. She is looking quite bright and chirpy, just a bit lame and hating us for making her wear a headcollar.

Thanks for all the well wishes, it's so scary having an old dog.

I would wait a while and do some basic obedience it takes a few weeks after qtine for all to return to "normal!!"

I use Garth Jennings and he is great ( a qualified Behaviourist) who is only $250 and a 2 hours session and a life time gtee with on going if needed.

We are lucky here in perth there are a lot of good trainers, but if I were you CC I would give them a bit of time, its a big move and lots of changes!!

PS I have a friend who has a litter of Cresties if you feel the need for another one!! ( I know its naughty!!)

J

Thanks J, unfortunately this is 'normal' behaviour for him :D thanks for another recommendation too :) and don't tempt me with puppies, that's very bad :heart: Anyway I'm up to my 2 dog limit for Perth :)

Its ok you can get three just apply! ( I know someone who has written up that many three dogs apps and never failed!! lol)

Would your friend get it through City of Gosnells? :laugh:

J

Thanks J, unfortunately this is 'normal' behaviour for him :) thanks for another recommendation too :) and don't tempt me with puppies, that's very bad :heart: Anyway I'm up to my 2 dog limit for Perth :)

:D

or the city of Cockburn :)

J

Thanks J, unfortunately this is 'normal' behaviour for him :mad thanks for another recommendation too :) and don't tempt me with puppies, that's very bad :laugh: Anyway I'm up to my 2 dog limit for Perth :(

YEP I get them all through all over have 100% sucess so far! There is always appeals to Minister if all else fails!!

J

Thanks J, unfortunately this is 'normal' behaviour for him :mad thanks for another recommendation too :) and don't tempt me with puppies, that's very bad :laugh: Anyway I'm up to my 2 dog limit for Perth :(

YEP I get them all through all over have 100% sucess so far! There is always appeals to Minister if all else fails!!

Shire of Capel? :(

Edited by valleyCBR

So when I finally want that third dog, I could hire you and your friend to help me get the application through CoG? :laugh: This is a council area that does not even let you apply for a 3rd dog permit! I'd be really interested to hear of anyone actually getting permission in the CoG area, and how it was done!!!

To once again quote an email they sent me:

Further to your email regarding keeping of 3 dogs in the City of Gosnells.

Unlike most other Councils the City of Gosnells operates under a Town Planning Scheme which does not allow for more than 2 dogs on any property other than in the Kennel Zone.

There are no applications or fees that can be sought as there is absolutely no provision for any property (other than in Kennel Zone section of Southern River) to have more than 2 dogs on it.

I'd be very interested if you can get one through Gosnells. I really want another dog but they told me that I can't apply! Could you maybe PM me if you think that you could get one through.

Washa

J

Thanks J, unfortunately this is 'normal' behaviour for him :thumbsup: thanks for another recommendation too :laugh: and don't tempt me with puppies, that's very bad :laugh: Anyway I'm up to my 2 dog limit for Perth :)

Would your friend get it through City of Gosnells? :eek:

Ok, well obviously I cant compete with a Council rule under town Planning Scheme, I was operating under the DOG Act but if you can email me a copy I am more than happy to have a look, the other options I would have to look at but I have only got apps approved under the "normal" council by laws and local Laws. When a Council has made Local laws for the keeping of dohs ( Dog ACT 51 (b) its a loophole they use to stop too many dogs in an area, and luckily one a lot of councils do not use!!

Very sad that councils impose this law and I feel it will become more and more common as block sizes shrink!

Send me all your Town Info and Local laws to

[email protected] and I will definately have a look, but as I said slim to nil chance, give me a while as I am off to the Qld and the EKKA tomorrow for a week,

[email protected]

J

So when I finally want that third dog, I could hire you and your friend to help me get the application through CoG? :laugh: This is a council area that does not even let you apply for a 3rd dog permit! I'd be really interested to hear of anyone actually getting permission in the CoG area, and how it was done!!!

To once again quote an email they sent me:

Further to your email regarding keeping of 3 dogs in the City of Gosnells.

Unlike most other Councils the City of Gosnells operates under a Town Planning Scheme which does not allow for more than 2 dogs on any property other than in the Kennel Zone.

There are no applications or fees that can be sought as there is absolutely no provision for any property (other than in Kennel Zone section of Southern River) to have more than 2 dogs on it.

RS I have only heard it is tough through the CoC... they haven't told me 100% just word of mouth...

I actually do know of one person who applied for a 3 dog permit and was successful in the City of Gosnells, but this was nearly 10 years ago I think... my friends dog was nearly 18 when they had to take on a third and they applied with age being a factor of the third dog (even though she was like, the first dog!). She has since died (a small miracle it would be if she was still alive!) and the permit for three stops with the dog when it dies, and they haven't had three since.