Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

When we trained for the ET we built up to 5km over a couple of weeks and that was what we did each training session, in the last two weeks I threw in a couple of slightly longer courses. We trained every second day rather than every day and the off day we just did our nomal exercise, walks, retrieving the ball etc. Before the ET she got a couple of days break.

For the handler I recommend that you can't pad your bike seat to much, even with a gel seat it hurts. Those with dogs that have a strong prey instinct, be aware that occassionally you might have a bandicoot cut across in front of you on the ET trail. J and I went to the ET spot to give her dogs some practice for the ET last year, I was in front with Jenna and Abbey while J had Asha when a bandicoot shot out in front. Luckily I saw it in time to take action and yelled a warning to J who was by then heading into a tree as Asha had already reacted. Being a mean sister I just had to laugh as she untangled herself from the dog and bike.

When Abbey did the ET I did a couple of laps for J as she has a bad knee, unfortunately Asha cut her pad the week before so was scratched. When Jenna did it I did all the laps and the hardest part was that the seat was just not padded enough.

There has been a K9 massage course going on for the last 9 days at the K9 grounds and I was asked to bring my kids down today to be used as demo/practice dogs. Well the verdict is that they suck because "relax" is not in their vocab.

While they won the hearts of all the student - all sitting pretty in the back of the tollermobeel, when the time came to hand them over, all they wanted to do was to check out where mum was and what the others were doing. Beans slipped her lead and came racing back to me. Scoota was turning himself inside out when they were trying to get him to walk away from me, Lexi, every time they tried to lay her on her side, would spring back to her feet, Cider was very vocal and wanted to see what the others were doing and Lara wasn't acting her age!

So I think the general consensus was don't try and massage tollers at the K9 grounds because you will have more chance of wining first division lotto!

There has been a K9 massage course going on for the last 9 days at the K9 grounds and I was asked to bring my kids down today to be used as demo/practice dogs. Well the verdict is that they suck because "relax" is not in their vocab.

While they won the hearts of all the student - all sitting pretty in the back of the tollermobeel, when the time came to hand them over, all they wanted to do was to check out where mum was and what the others were doing. Beans slipped her lead and came racing back to me. Scoota was turning himself inside out when they were trying to get him to walk away from me, Lexi, every time they tried to lay her on her side, would spring back to her feet, Cider was very vocal and wanted to see what the others were doing and Lara wasn't acting her age!

So I think the general consensus was don't try and massage tollers at the K9 grounds because you will have more chance of wining first division lotto!

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

lol I hope they are there tomz I could do with a massage myself! lol

When we trained for the ET we built up to 5km over a couple of weeks and that was what we did each training session, in the last two weeks I threw in a couple of slightly longer courses. We trained every second day rather than every day and the off day we just did our nomal exercise, walks, retrieving the ball etc. Before the ET she got a couple of days break.

For the handler I recommend that you can't pad your bike seat to much, even with a gel seat it hurts. Those with dogs that have a strong prey instinct, be aware that occassionally you might have a bandicoot cut across in front of you on the ET trail. J and I went to the ET spot to give her dogs some practice for the ET last year, I was in front with Jenna and Abbey while J had Asha when a bandicoot shot out in front. Luckily I saw it in time to take action and yelled a warning to J who was by then heading into a tree as Asha had already reacted. Being a mean sister I just had to laugh as she untangled herself from the dog and bike.

When Abbey did the ET I did a couple of laps for J as she has a bad knee, unfortunately Asha cut her pad the week before so was scratched. When Jenna did it I did all the laps and the hardest part was that the seat was just not padded enough.

I think I'll be walking like I have something stuck up there for a few weeks afterwards! I don't even know if my bike is any good for such an event. It's an el cheapo $100 Kmart bike I bought several years ago but have used maybe once :thumbsup: It did get me quite far on that one ride I did do! But maaaaan I was sore afterwards!!!

Katie I would just get another saddle, a very padded one lol!!!

Mason had a massage at the Assistance dog day last year and he loved it and was very well behaved! It is very relaxing for him, they were doing it for $5 ( money went to the Assistance dogs), I would love him to be massaged again!

Hey all,

So quiet on my front was going to come down to watch the dogs at hay park but had some news so wasnt feeling it. Well my boy was due to arrive tomorrow but he got run over and died! :eek:

So I now have to options get my money refunded or they have just had a new litter (4 days ago. I just dont know what to do. We recently got burnt by a scam person advertising dogs, I know deep down this isnt one they are registered and are everywhere but I still get a worried feeling about it. I just dont know what to do :)

The breeders they have in WA most I have spoken to it a year + wait so do I get a refund wait a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time or wait 8 weeks?

Some help would be great everyone is tellling me to get the refund but I would really like my dog (he was my birthday present (yesterday))

Edited by Vader's mum

Hey all,

So quiet on my front was going to come down to watch the dogs at hay park but had some news so wasnt feeling it. Well my boy was due to arrive tomorrow but he got run over and died! :eek:

So I now have to options get my money refunded or they have just had a new litter (4 days ago) and I can have the pick of the litter. I just dont know what to do. We recently got burnt by a scam person advertising dogs, I know deep down this isnt one they are registered and are everywhere but I still get a worried feeling about it. I just dont know what to do :)

The breeders they have in WA most I have spoken to it a year + wait so do I get a refund wait a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time or wait 8 weeks?

Some help would be great everyone is tellling me to get the refund but I would really like my dog (he was my birthday present (yesterday))

very sorry to hear your puppy has crossed to the bridge.

all the best in the decision you make.

can't telly ou what to do but if you trust and like the lines of this breeder perhaps wait for the next litter 2 months does go fast

Hey all,

So quiet on my front was going to come down to watch the dogs at hay park but had some news so wasnt feeling it. Well my boy was due to arrive tomorrow but he got run over and died! :mad

So I now have to options get my money refunded or they have just had a new litter (4 days ago) and I can have the pick of the litter. I just dont know what to do. We recently got burnt by a scam person advertising dogs, I know deep down this isnt one they are registered and are everywhere but I still get a worried feeling about it. I just dont know what to do :)

can't telly ou what to do but if you trust and like the lines of this breeder perhaps wait for the next litter 2 months does go fast

It does go fast it just sucks I just dont knwo what my gut is saying thats all anyway I will think about it and will talk with fiance see what he thinks.

Hey all,

So quiet on my front was going to come down to watch the dogs at hay park but had some news so wasnt feeling it. Well my boy was due to arrive tomorrow but he got run over and died! :mad

It does go fast it just sucks I just dont knwo what my gut is saying thats all anyway I will think about it and will talk with fiance see what he thinks.

I'd go with my gut feeling, sorry for your loss :o .

Vaders Mum, that's just awful :) But I do have to wonder about the breeder when it's puppies are in a position to be run over :mad

If it were me, I would be taking the full refund and not looking back.

This is what I thought too.

Condolences about your pup though. :o

Vaders Mum, that's just awful :) But I do have to wonder about the breeder when it's puppies are in a position to be run over :mad

If it were me, I would be taking the full refund and not looking back.

This is what I thought too.

Condolences about your pup though. :o

Me to that's why I said go with your gut. It's worth the wait for the right dog from a reputable breeder.

I think I'll be walking like I have something stuck up there for a few weeks afterwards! I don't even know if my bike is any good for such an event. It's an el cheapo $100 Kmart bike I bought several years ago but have used maybe once :o It did get me quite far on that one ride I did do! But maaaaan I was sore afterwards!!!

The K Mart special worked for me, RS - until it got mud in the brakes when I fell off after the vigorous Fergus shake. :)

But you do definitely need a gel seat -- or maybe two gel seats :mad

Photos from today :o

055-1.jpg

056-1.jpg

Looks like these dogs are going for a drive :)

080.jpg

Love the pics. The second one, the dog on the right of pics, is definitely going for the Guinness Book of Records on "How wide can a Stafford smile" - gorgeous.

And you could label the car one as "tahen from a speed camera" :mad

Love the pics. The second one, the dog on the right of pics, is definitely going for the Guinness Book of Records on "How wide can a Stafford smile" - gorgeous.

And you could label the car one as "tahen from a speed camera" :mad

:o

Her smile can get a lot wider than that :)

Hey all,

Vaders Mum I am so sorry for your loss, your heart will tell you what is right, if it were me, you wnated this particular breeder and trusted them so far, the accident that happened is a stalling in one of lifes humps, I would wait for the litter on the ground, just my opinion. Things always happen for a reason my mother says ( I just havent worked out why yet!)

Sending strength and warm wishes.

J