Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I will get back to you Lab rat after Toby's Bowen appointment. :vomit: He may be scratched due to injury but he is definately entered. I think the safer bet would be later in the month when a whole lot of Red Kids and two labs hit Bunbury for some obidience. :p

:(:(:laugh:

I will get back to you Lab rat after Toby's Bowen appointment. :vomit: He may be scratched due to injury but he is definately entered. I think the safer bet would be later in the month when a whole lot of Red Kids and two labs hit Bunbury for some obidience. :p

:(:(:laugh:

You watch it RS or I might just hitch a ride :doh:

I don't know what I will do with my weekends if Toby is out of agility and no Lincoln to show! Thank goddness I will be showing soggybear :vomit:

(((hugs))) vCBR. You will have to keep us updated on his showing over there :(

LR, when are you going to come to a show in Perth again?

Oh, and at this stage it looks like I am unlikely to be getting another kelpie any time soon... but might early next year instead - which is probably better timing! :(

Probably wont get up for another show till the Ridgie show on the 11 Sept, and will stay for the Hound show and the Herding Breeds show on the Sunday!! Then Ill be up again for the Royal on the Tuesday I hope!!

I may get up sooner, will have to wait and see what happens!

Shame about the Kelpie pup not happening - Im still trying to get my head around having another dog! I really would love another Kelpie, but then I start thinking of all the puppy stuff and my head just about explodes!!

How are all your horsies going?? I so dont miss rugging and drying rugs and feeding in the dark and wet thats for sure. But I miss my darling old mare so much - her soft nose, breathing in her horsey smell - you know all the yummy horsey stuff!!

Think Ive decided too, to get a pregnant mama Llama so her baby can be imprinted from birth! Now I just have to wait for Llama breeding time :(

Valley - are you talking about the Ob. Trial in Sept in Bunbury??

Rat

Probably wont get up for another show till the Ridgie show on the 11 Sept, and will stay for the Hound show and the Herding Breeds show on the Sunday!! Then Ill be up again for the Royal on the Tuesday I hope!!

Shame about the Kelpie pup not happening - Im still trying to get my head around having another dog! I really would love another Kelpie, but then I start thinking of all the puppy stuff and my head just about explodes!!

How are all your horsies going?? I so dont miss rugging and drying rugs and feeding in the dark and wet thats for sure. But I miss my darling old mare so much - her soft nose, breathing in her horsey smell - you know all the yummy horsey stuff!!

Think Ive decided too, to get a pregnant mama Llama so her baby can be imprinted from birth! Now I just have to wait for Llama breeding time :(

Rat

LabRat .........Sandy is desperate for helpers at the Trails in August if you know if anyone!

J

Lincoln is on the plane on his way to Melbourne. I am waiting for the call to let me know he landed ok! :doh:

You are braver than me, I am having a hard time letting Mason stay at the dermatologist for a day :(

I had a cry on the way to the train station and will probably have one tonight when it hits me he is gone. :(

:laugh: You poor bugger Valley!!! I know how hard it is to leave a dog at kennels for two weeks, but sending them off would be even harder!! Big hugs for you kiddo!! I bet Toby will be enjoying all the extra attention he will be getting over the coming weeks :D

Emery - Kelari is gorgeous!! Geez, I cant wait til I head north to a show again and get to meet you both!

So, in order to decide as to whether its worth making a cake for the 8th at Bunbury I need to know who is seriously gonna be there????? ;) .........Last time I took a cake to a dog show I ended up taking it all home again - dont want to be doing that again! Who will be heading to the Bunbury Trial???????

Rat

thankyou Labrat.

i hope to get to bunbury to show but we aren't at any other level yet :( will be lovely to meet. hubby cooks a mean bacon and egg burger or pancakes before shows start anyone is wecome to navigate to our gazebo :p if its a long day sausages or steak with salad for lunch :vomit: just need catering numbers rofl :vomit:

Think Ive decided too, to get a pregnant mama Llama so her baby can be imprinted from birth! Now I just have to wait for Llama breeding time :doh:

Rat

I am still tossing up whether to go to the Working dog show in Sept. Am going to an agility trial the day before and hopefully Team Penning the night before so don't know... plus I have my first foals due that week too :(

The horses are good... although depending on Diva tonight there may be a palomino available to the first person who gets to our place with a float! I so hate having a show horse who hates having her legs trimmed :( Very stressful for Mum, myself and Diva!

Ooh, baby Llamas are cute... although personally I prefer alpacas. I have an alpaca who sits on my desk at work :laugh: OzJen can tell you how cute he is :p

ETA: Emery I keep meaning to tell you what a cutey your girl is but then I get distracted :vomit: Do you look at her and then the adults and wonder how she can be that small? :vomit:

Edited by mirawee

Lincoln is on the plane on his way to Melbourne. I am waiting for the call to let me know he landed ok! :vomit:

You are braver than me, I am having a hard time letting Mason stay at the dermatologist for a day :(

I had a cry on the way to the train station and will probably have one tonight when it hits me he is gone. :(

Yes, it will probably feel worst when you get home and no Lincs. :p You do seem remarkably upbeat about though, I'll take my hat off to you!

Well, 2 weeks tomorrow and hopefully my new puppy will be born :laugh:

Lincoln is on the plane on his way to Melbourne. I am waiting for the call to let me know he landed ok! :vomit:

You are braver than me, I am having a hard time letting Mason stay at the dermatologist for a day :laugh:

Yes, it will probably feel worst when you get home and no Lincs. :vomit: You do seem remarkably upbeat about though, I'll take my hat off to you!

Well, 2 weeks tomorrow and hopefully my new puppy will be born :p

Cant wait to see the pup!! :( when you go with I will have to come along, Mason has grown up so fast I miss the cute puppy moments ( granted I dont miss him walking in his poop and then walking it into my house!!) as he had a permanently upset stomach most probably because I was feeding him chicken kibble...

Think Ive decided too, to get a pregnant mama Llama so her baby can be imprinted from birth! Now I just have to wait for Llama breeding time :D

Rat

I am still tossing up whether to go to the Working dog show in Sept. Am going to an agility trial the day before and hopefully Team Penning the night before so don't know... plus I have my first foals due that week too :(

The horses are good... although depending on Diva tonight there may be a palomino available to the first person who gets to our place with a float! I so hate having a show horse who hates having her legs trimmed :( Very stressful for Mum, myself and Diva!

Ooh, baby Llamas are cute... although personally I prefer alpacas. I have an alpaca who sits on my desk at work :laugh: OzJen can tell you how cute he is :p

ETA: Emery I keep meaning to tell you what a cutey your girl is but then I get distracted :vomit: Do you look at her and then the adults and wonder how she can be that small? :vomit:

Yep, your Alpaca is defienaitly cute and cuddly, Mirrawee, although I get funny visions of an Alpaca sitting on your desk. :doh: Now were could I get a horse float so I'm ready to take Diva home when you make her available, could she sit on my desk at work as my yard is too small. :( Hope she is a good girl tonight, even if I would love to take her home.

My mind is preoccupied in two other places since Toby seems a bit lame and has the worst allergies atm and Lilly has started to lose weight and a few days ago took a tumble and couldn't right herself but otherwise seems fine.

Oh no! Your poor animals seem to be having a hard time of it.

If you dont come right with Toby's allergies maybe you should take him to see the derm, she is a lovely lady and i am sure she will be able to help, Mason has his tests on friday, will let you know how it goes. From the elimination diet we now also know that he is allergic to chicken.

Rat

The horses are good... although depending on Diva tonight there may be a palomino available to the first person who gets to our place with a float! I so hate having a show horse who hates having her legs trimmed :laugh: Very stressful for Mum, myself and Diva!

Ooh, baby Llamas are cute... although personally I prefer alpacas. I have an alpaca who sits on my desk at work :p OzJen can tell you how cute he is :vomit:

ETA: Emery I keep meaning to tell you what a cutey your girl is but then I get distracted :vomit: Do you look at her and then the adults and wonder how she can be that small? :doh:

Yep, your Alpaca is defienaitly cute and cuddly, Mirrawee, although I get funny visions of an Alpaca sitting on your desk. :D Now were could I get a horse float so I'm ready to take Diva home when you make her available, could she sit on my desk at work as my yard is too small. ;) Hope she is a good girl tonight, even if I would love to take her home.

Lol I would take her if she was a male, I have never bonded with mares :( I miss my horse so much, havent been around horses in ages...

My mind is preoccupied in two other places since Toby seems a bit lame and has the worst allergies atm and Lilly has started to lose weight and a few days ago took a tumble and couldn't right herself but otherwise seems fine.

If you dont come right with Toby's allergies maybe you should take him to see the derm, she is a lovely lady and i am sure she will be able to help, Mason has his tests on friday, will let you know how it goes. From the elimination diet we now also know that he is allergic to chicken.

I am almost 100% sure Toby has a contact allergy to grass as his elimination diet did nothing to easehis symptoms but in the summertime when all the grass dies he is fine. We are taking him to the vet in a couple of weeks somaybe I can get a derm (as well as physio) referall and have a chat with them. (Hopefully I will win the lotto too to pay for these treatments)

GR can't wait to hear more about this new pup.

Guest RosieFT

hello all

Every spring (she has only gone through 2!) Rosie turns super itchy and scratchy. The first time it happened I thought it must have been fleas, but she had none. I took her to the vet as it was bad and the vet suggested a steroid shot - which i declined since she was under 12months. It eventually tapered off and by winter she was fine. Next spring, same thing. ugh.

It seems to have started early this year and i can only assume it is the quirky weather we are having and am wondering if some grass/pollen has sprung out early?

At agility last night, every time i touched her to put her into a sit, she would start scratching like mad. Teach me to get a better sit response with no touching!

She does not lick or scatch till she is raw or anything, but is hypersensitive if you touch her skin (starts scratching) and is at herself HEAPS.

ugh. anyone with dogs with allergies notice any change as well???

I am almost 100% sure Toby has a contact allergy to grass as his elimination diet did nothing to easehis symptoms but in the summertime when all the grass dies he is fine. We are taking him to the vet in a couple of weeks somaybe I can get a derm (as well as physio) referall and have a chat with them. (Hopefully I will win the lotto too to pay for these treatments)

GR can't wait to hear more about this new pup.

A lot of dogs are allergic to the grass seeds I believe :( The derm does also see patients without a referral, I just got one so that Petplan would pay for all of it :(

Lincoln is on the plane on his way to Melbourne. I am waiting for the call to let me know he landed ok! :(

Hopefully he'll come back with some nice wins and ribbons for his mum. Good on you for being brave enough to manage without him for abit, I keep making excuses not to send Jenna off as I know I'll be a basket case without her. Even the chance of a new baby Aussie doesn't make it any easier, although I keep telling myself I HAVE to do it.

hello all

Every spring (she has only gone through 2!) Rosie turns super itchy and scratchy. The first time it happened I thought it must have been fleas, but she had none. I took her to the vet as it was bad and the vet suggested a steroid shot - which i declined since she was under 12months. It eventually tapered off and by winter she was fine. Next spring, same thing. ugh.

It seems to have started early this year and i can only assume it is the quirky weather we are having and am wondering if some grass/pollen has sprung out early?

At agility last night, every time i touched her to put her into a sit, she would start scratching like mad. Teach me to get a better sit response with no touching!

She does not lick or scatch till she is raw or anything, but is hypersensitive if you touch her skin (starts scratching) and is at herself HEAPS.

ugh. anyone with dogs with allergies notice any change as well???

Yes Mason is bad atm but I thought its because he is off all his shampoo's, medicines and creams etc as he cant have anything before his tests later in the week. His ears have been really pink and so has his tummy, he used to just get like Rosie and scratch a lot and then have what they call ' a low itch threshold" but now he is going pink too, his tummy had like bright red lines on it on sunday....

Rat

The horses are good... although depending on Diva tonight there may be a palomino available to the first person who gets to our place with a float! I so hate having a show horse who hates having her legs trimmed :laugh: Very stressful for Mum, myself and Diva!

Ooh, baby Llamas are cute... although personally I prefer alpacas. I have an alpaca who sits on my desk at work :p OzJen can tell you how cute he is :vomit:

ETA: Emery I keep meaning to tell you what a cutey your girl is but then I get distracted :vomit: Do you look at her and then the adults and wonder how she can be that small? :doh:

Yep, your Alpaca is defienaitly cute and cuddly, Mirrawee, although I get funny visions of an Alpaca sitting on your desk. :D Now were could I get a horse float so I'm ready to take Diva home when you make her available, could she sit on my desk at work as my yard is too small. ;) Hope she is a good girl tonight, even if I would love to take her home.

Lol I would take her if she was a male, I have never bonded with mares :( I miss my horse so much, havent been around horses in ages...

Mirrawee also has a beautiful deep gold Palomino gelding that she bred, at least I think she still has him. Diva is a lot paler palomino and looks grey when clipped, but still lovely. Funnily I'm usually the same when it comes to dogs, I prefer boys, Jenna is the first girl that I have really bonded with and the bond I have with her I think is greater than any I have ever had even though I have got really close to other dogs I have had.

Guest RosieFT

Thanks MM. Rosie is just starting up again. When she was a pup i thought she might be allergic to her chicken wings as she would come in, hop in her bed and wipe her muzzle on her bedding and her tummy would get bright pink. Worked out it was because she was eating on the grass though.

i hope MM can get some help! his ears looked sore when you showed them to me at Trixie's party.

My parents old bichon suffered from allergies his whole life and had cortisone shots regularly. The hot spots he would get were so painful for him. When Rosie started up I just thought of poor oscar. It is not good.