Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I'm getting a new puppy on Saturday and today I went to two vets (O'Connor and Applecross suburbs.) I asked both how they go about vaccinations and both do them differently. The one in O'Connor does a C5 at 10 weeks and don't have the next one until the yearly vaccination. The vets in Applecross do a C5 at 10 weeks, vaccinate at 14 weeks and do yearly vaccinations after that.

Which is the better option for my puppy's health?

Your pup will already have it's first vacc when you get it so basically you follow what it has already been given & when due.

The breeder will be the person who gives you the card & will also explain what vacc has actually already been used.

The 14 weeks is often the parvo booster which is optional BUT again it will all depend on what has already been given

gees you guys i am away for a day or so and you rack up three pages!!! all this puppy news and new dog sports and chocolate cake i can hardly keep up!!

but... going back three pages or so, if RS is going to cross over to the dark side and start showing, she's going to do it with one of these..

jim2.jpg

Haaaa, I show a Dally and when the judge asks how old, I say 5yrs, but with a 5 month old brain... She is such a fidgit!

You have not seen feral till youve seen Zola in action :( ;) I cant understand how she couldve just turned 4 years old. She bahaves like a 12 month old, seriously :rofl: And I so love the way she barks back at me when Ive told her to do something, bounces around and barks defiantly, just has to have the last say - witch :)

W

Haaaa, I show a Dally and when the judge asks how old, I say 5yrs, but with a 5 month old brain... She is such a fidgit!
You have not seen feral till youve seen Zola in action ;) :) I cant understand how she couldve just turned 4 years old. She bahaves like a 12 month old, seriously :rofl: And I so love the way she barks back at me when Ive told her to do something, bounces around and barks defiantly, just has to have the last say - witch :eek:

W

LOL I say a similar thing about Beans - physically she is 4 - the jury is still out on the mental age :(

gees you guys i am away for a day or so and you rack up three pages!!! all this puppy news and new dog sports and chocolate cake i can hardly keep up!!

but... going back three pages or so, if RS is going to cross over to the dark side and start showing, she's going to do it with one of these..

jim2.jpg

awwwwwww adorable look at that face

You have not seen feral till youve seen Zola in action :):eek: I cant understand how she couldve just turned 4 years old. She bahaves like a 12 month old, seriously :rofl: And I so love the way she barks back at me when Ive told her to do something, bounces around and barks defiantly, just has to have the last say - witch :D

W

You have not seen feral till youve seen Zola in action :o :D I cant understand how she couldve just turned 4 years old. She bahaves like a 12 month old, seriously :( And I so love the way she barks back at me when Ive told her to do something, bounces around and barks defiantly, just has to have the last say - witch :rofl:

W

LOL I say a similar thing about Beans - physically she is 4 - the jury is still out on the mental age ;)

bahahahahaha about ages lol well my pup rolls over for belly rubs as soon as the judge gets near rofl

ST - ooooh yes I'd love to show one of them, but my part time showdog is really my full time obedience dog and you've already talked me out of the ES if I want to do some serious obedience! At least until I marry that rich (and can't forget, hunky!!) man!!!

You missed it ST but in the training talk thread RS admitted she wants a Blue and Orange Belton pair of ES! (if she wins lotto/marries a millonare and moves to a huge home) ;)

Yes I do, but after the pair of Aussies and the jury is still out if they come before or after the pair of Beagles :p

the attention span of a gnat and is a social butterfly ;)
Asha sounds like a Labrador :rofl:

Maybe a Lab on speed :p

Sounds like you are talking about Leila...

Thread is busy...I cant keep up :rofl: But I love puppies!!!

Edited by CareyJ

So...............I thought I may as well start the thread and we can see how it goes and how long it takes to get lost in the ether :rofl: :rofl:

I dont actually have any news as such, but Im sure others do.............

My only exciting news is that the company I work for is actually shutting down for TWO weeks over Christmas and New Year. ;) :p I am so looking forward to having a little break. Not going anywhere, but just being home will be nice!

I may also be going to the Cannington Greyhounds in a couple of weeks for our dog club Christmas "do"! Ive always wanted to go!

Rat

hope you have fun at Cannington, i race dogs there (not that successfully) some of mine may be racing when you go.

So...............I thought I may as well start the thread and we can see how it goes and how long it takes to get lost in the ether :rofl::eek:

My only exciting news is that the company I work for is actually shutting down for TWO weeks over Christmas and New Year. ;) :p I am so looking forward to having a little break. Not going anywhere, but just being home will be nice!

I may also be going to the Cannington Greyhounds in a couple of weeks for our dog club Christmas "do"! Ive always wanted to go!

Rat

hope you have fun at Cannington, i race dogs there (not that successfully) some of mine may be racing when you go.

Welcome to the dark side Turf :rofl: Lab_Rats initial post was actually in November last year - so she has been and gone to the greyhounds (and I don't think she ever told us if she did any good betting wise :rofl: ) However let us know next time you have a dog racing and we might need to organise a DOL meet at the races and cheer them on :) Would be nice to have a "connection" to a dog that is racing ;)

So...............I thought I may as well start the thread and we can see how it goes and how long it takes to get lost in the ether :rofl::eek:

Rat

Welcome to the dark side Turf :rofl: Lab_Rats initial post was actually in November last year - so she has been and gone to the greyhounds (and I don't think she ever told us if she did any good betting wise :rofl: ) However let us know next time you have a dog racing and we might need to organise a DOL meet at the races and cheer them on :) Would be nice to have a "connection" to a dog that is racing ;)

As you can now obviously tell technology and I do not get on, Sorry

You are not alone in that I can assure you :rofl:

But now that you have told us you have Greys that race in WA you do have to give us the heads up so we can organise to go and cheer them on :rofl: Anyone up for dinner at Checkers? Since it is currently Christmas is July it is $53 for an adult including course entry and buffet dinner. After 7th Aug it is back down to $49. Saturday nights ;)

ETA: What is everyone doing on the 21st Aug? Anyone up for dinner prior to the agility trial on Sunday? :p

Edited by mirawee

But now that you have told us you have Greys that race in WA you do have to give us the heads up so we can organise to go and cheer them on :rofl: Anyone up for dinner at Checkers? Since it is currently Christmas is July it is $53 for an adult including course entry and buffet dinner. After 7th Aug it is back down to $49. Saturday nights ;)

ETA: What is everyone doing on the 21st Aug? Anyone up for dinner prior to the agility trial on Sunday? :p

We treat our greyhounds more like members of the family than racing dogs which probably has something to do with how unsuccessful we are. The dogs are really happy though.

Are you setting up a Noah's doggy ark or something RS??? Pairs of all the different breeds ;)

Maybe! I might get a sign made up for my front door that says "Katie's Ark" :p

Rubystar - Have you asked Bonnie Parker and Lindsay about the breeders they got their red merle's from? Think it may be the same breeder in SA.

I lurk quite often in the Aussie thread, and no they are not from the same breeder :rofl:

But now that you have told us you have Greys that race in WA you do have to give us the heads up so we can organise to go and cheer them on :eek: Anyone up for dinner at Checkers? Since it is currently Christmas is July it is $53 for an adult including course entry and buffet dinner. After 7th Aug it is back down to $49. Saturday nights ;)

You missed the last DOL dinner we had at Checkers you piker!! :rofl:

I'd love to go, however, $53 is a bit rich for me at the moment, got some pretty nasty expenses happening :rofl:

ETA: Wed night dinners at Checkers is about $35 I think?

Edited by RubyStar

You missed the last DOL dinner we had at Checkers you piker!! :rofl:

I'd love to go, however, $53 is a bit rich for me at the moment, got some pretty nasty expenses happening :p

ETA: Wed night dinners at Checkers is about $35 I think?

Yeah I did pike... but then I do live a distance away and I am fairly sure something came up at home... Wouldn't this time if I organised it though :rofl:

Wed nights are harder for me since I don't get home from work until 6.30pm, then have the horses to do, and then would have to drive an hour to get to Cannington ;)

Hey RS, you get to meet my tri boy soon i hope - we are considering Rally-o and i'll probably be training with him soon to see if it's something we might like to pursue.. then you'll get the chance to see an English Setter that is too smart for his own good!!