Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Amypie are you doing the Bunbury agility trial on August 8th? :laugh: Or is it just me :mad

Nope thought about it but probably have a birthday do for my SIL the night before, also trying to figure out if Kyzer has a problem with away trials or all trials, waiting until the Perth trial to see, so not really keen on wasting fuel money for what could be a rather frustrating day :confused: ;) Not to mention I'd have to get out of bed early ;) ;)

oh got to love early mornings lol. i am doing geraldton anyone else doing it? going to be a late night driving up :D

I still haven't decided. I have the Adelaide Royal the weekend before and the Perth Royal the week after so it might be too much! :rofl:

lincoln might just need a break lol you'll be fine though rofl :p i am doing the royal too i think gero is her lat week in baby or first week in minor have to recheck date lol,

unless i do a show the week before it is her first week in minor so will give her experience before the royal wit the big kids God help me i will be the one at the royal in te white suit that has mud prints all over it and dog fur with the rotti on my lap in the mud rofl

Poor muppet, he's not going to know himself surrounded by fellow muppets!

I'm winding down a bit from trials because my mum is getting some hospital treatment and Kyzer seems to have lost his mojo :laugh:

And I'll pass on Geraldton, everytime I go on Brand Hwy I just about get killed by impatient idiots who don't know how to overtake :rolleyes: And it gives me the heebie jeebies at night! Give me the Great Northern Hwy any day :D

I'm winding down a bit from trials because my mum is getting some hospital treatment and Kyzer seems to have lost his mojo :rofl:

And I'll pass on Geraldton, everytime I go on Brand Hwy I just about get killed by impatient idiots who don't know how to overtake :confused: And it gives me the heebie jeebies at night! Give me the Great Northern Hwy any day ;)

i don't drive at night i make hubby lol

Though I did notice when we went to Albany the other week there seemed to be idiots on that road too, one just about got killed overtaking a road train in the wet over double lines with another road train oncoming :confused: must be a tourist thing? Or the Great Northern Hwy people are better drivers ;) :rofl:

I'm winding down a bit from trials because my mum is getting some hospital treatment and Kyzer seems to have lost his mojo :confused:

I know it must be like watching sesame street or sth like that to see a whole lot of Chessies togther! :rofl:

I am consistently trailing infrequently. ;) Although at nationals Toby impoved as the days went on so I probably had the wrong approach.

Though I did notice when we went to Albany the other week there seemed to be idiots on that road too, one just about got killed overtaking a road train in the wet over double lines with another road train oncoming :confused: must be a tourist thing? Or the Great Northern Hwy people are better drivers ;) :rofl:

Mad drivers everywhere they are scary.

I just got my entry retuned from the royal witha different entry form to fill out hmm better do it and get it resent off or i might not be doing the royal. looks tobe a bit of paperwork to fill out.

Not a show person here. My main passion is obedience trialling, but I'm also training my two up for agility and one in retrieving. Tonight I found a partner to train the ET (Endurance Test) with for next year, and I'm being talked into doing tracking too :rofl: Now if I can just find some time to scratch my bum when it itches, I'll be all set :confused: ;)

Still contemplating searching for a show potential puppy for my next one, not sure yet if I'm crazy or just a glutton for punishment with all these commitments ;)

I feel lazy now :laugh:

There's an obedience practice trial coming up, plus Rally-O rounds :confused:
Just a reminder that we have another Obedience Practice Trial at K9 on Sunday 1st August, commencing 10am till 2pm. If people keep arriving after club training, we will keep judging!

We will also have a ring set up for Rally O with Honey & Cindy calling rounds. This is an exciting new discipline which is great for people who aren't really into formal obedience, but their dog will stay beside them in the heel position and will respond to commands. Great for agility people too! Hopefully some of our good obedience dogs will also join in as well. It is a lot of fun!

As usual, it is $2 per round.

Unfortunately I can't make it, retrieving training day the same day ;)

Cool sounds like fun, will probably muddle through the Rally not knowing what I'm doing :rofl: .

There's an obedience practice trial coming up, plus Rally-O rounds :confused:
Just a reminder that we have another Obedience Practice Trial at K9 on Sunday 1st August, commencing 10am till 2pm. If people keep arriving after club training, we will keep judging!

We will also have a ring set up for Rally O with Honey & Cindy calling rounds. This is an exciting new discipline which is great for people who aren't really into formal obedience, but their dog will stay beside them in the heel position and will respond to commands. Great for agility people too! Hopefully some of our good obedience dogs will also join in as well. It is a lot of fun!

As usual, it is $2 per round.

Unfortunately I can't make it, retrieving training day the same day ;)

Cool sounds like fun, will probably muddle through the Rally not knowing what I'm doing :rofl: .

I will be there sort of knowing what I am doing but with a dog that can't heel. Wanna trade? ;)

Does everyone show their dogs on this thread?

I show, occasionally :confused: Although I might get to show some Aussie Shep puppies so that might make me do more ;)

I also do agility (have even told OzJen and J to enter trials coming up since I managed to get to training last night for the first time since the Nationals! And the girls were very good ;) ) and may eventually enter an obedience competition :rofl:

RS, you should join us on the dark side and get a show lab :laugh: If you can manage to get a decent one otherwise I would just look for working ability :D Oh and will need to be black of course ROFL.

Mirawee she wants an Aussie not a Lab, maybe you should post some photos of those Aussie babies you saw the other day when they are about 6 weeks old, that'll hurry her up :laugh:

there is a dog show on this weekend at canine sat and sun as it is a split show i will be there with my toothless rotti pup on sat lol she has lost so many teeth these last two weeks so cute :o fingers crossed her bite stays scissor :)

I just had a look at the website, it starts at 9am? What is a split show? I am such a newbie lol.

Yes of course, you can just do the weekly classes for something to do. You may find it addictive though and could want to trial, at which point you have to keep reminding yourself that it is 'for fun' because it can be pretty stressful :laugh: :laugh: ;) I personally love going to agility training, I look forward to it.
I agree Amy, I am so excited every wednesday night to go to agility training but I dread going to obedience class, I am going to only go to obedience class maybe one sunday a month as we learn nothing new now until we get moved to class 3.

It does seem like a lot of fun! :) So trialing is competing?

Yes, trialing is when you go to an agility trial and compete, you can get qualifications which go towards obtaining titles on the end of your dog's registered name. Or the beginning of their name if they become and agility champion :laugh:

ET fix spelling, and 'qualifications' doesn't look right :laugh:

Edited by amypie

there is a dog show on this weekend at canine sat and sun as it is a split show i will be there with my toothless rotti pup on sat lol she has lost so many teeth these last two weeks so cute :laugh: fingers crossed her bite stays scissor :laugh:

I just had a look at the website, it starts at 9am? What is a split show? I am such a newbie lol.

A split show just means that they do some group judging on saturday and other groups on sunday rather than all judging on the one day.

i think it is group 6, 7 and 3??? on sat the remaing 4 on sunday along with specials which are the judging that the top dog of each breed or age sector of breed goes into.

Mirawee she wants an Aussie not a Lab, maybe you should post some photos of those Aussie babies you saw the other day when they are about 6 weeks old, that'll hurry her up :laugh:

I always get confused about who wants what breed next :) She should still get a black one though ;) Red ones are feraller :)

Am planning on sending another horse down for some work when pups are 4-6 weeks old just so I can get more Aussie puppy cuddles :mad They will be much better than they were as just born pups :laugh:

vCBR I showed my Mum FCR photos this morning. For the pup I got "it's alright" for an adult male I got "very nice". But Banjo told me in no uncertain terms last night that he wants another Kelpie :o So will see what happens in 4 more weeks ;)

Yes Banjo did tell you didn't he, that was so funny :laugh: Don't think he wanted a Manchester, they're too annoying :o

Pretty certain RubyStar wants a Merle, are they the most feral? :laugh:

Fingers crossed for you Mirawee.

Actually I am not sure I want a red/tan bitch pup to be born or not! Timing isn't that great but if there is s how quality girl it will be hard to say no :laugh:

AP, he does want a Manchester - they help him slip his martingale collar so he can go investigate a nice smell! That is the first (and hopefully only) time he has managed that trick :laugh:

Red merles are the most feral. Not sure whether blue merles or solid reds are more feral as I haven't met enough of either! Most blue merles I know are fairly cruisy though - but they have all been boys so that might have helped :) Oh and I am such and expert on Aussies of course :o:) ;)