Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Learning to drive was not an enjoyable experience at all! Hope you have some fun learning :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about your job, that sucks :thumbsup:

I loved learning to drive!! The very thought of such independance was my motivation - that and the fact every other 15 year old in my class was getting their licence as well :rofl:

I will give you the tip though Rach ... the sooner you learn, the more confidence you will have. I know so many people who started learning to drive in their mid twenties and they are such anxious drivers and don't enjoy it at all. In fact I would say they are a danger on the road.

Talk to your Mum and Dad, will they let you learn in their car? Get an auto licence to start with if need be (not something I usually suggest as I think everyone should learn in a manual).

Hope you find a new job soon .... you are very mature for your age .... I'm sure something will come along soon enough - and something better than what you have been doing too :laugh:

I am seriously considering doing agility eventually. Nothing like getting ahead of myself, our puppy isn't even conceived yet :laugh:. I've been looking at the website for the WA Agility Club and it looks like alot of fun. I do have a question for anyone who does do it though, is it really something you can do casually for a bit of fun? I know that alot of people do it pretty seriously.

Rach, it's a pain not being able to drive! Once you get started you'll love it :thumbsup:, I didn't learn until I was 18 and my Mum refused to drive me around anymore lol (that was MANY years ago though!). I haven't been able to drive for nearly 2 years and I hate it lol.

Unfortunately I didn't get along to the Winter doggie show, I could not tempt my Hubby out in that weather and it was a bit far for me to walk :rofl:

I dont really have any plans for my boy, probably take him to obedience training (I have been warned so much about beagles) I dont think we will show him he has a fold in his ear and I think that takes him out of the running. We had a choice of pups but I loved the fold I think its cute. I've not heard of dog sports not heard much of them, meybe something to look into? I just worry I have been told not to let him of his lead unless its a fenced park and even then I should be careful. I guess this is all a bit of a learning thing for me I havent had a dog since i was 17 (10 yrs on now!) and Ive never owned a pure bred.

I look forward to getting ALOT of advice off here I have looked into traininng and I think so far the NILIF is my favoured method.

There's an obedience practice trial coming up, plus Rally-O rounds :laugh:

Just a reminder that we have another Obedience Practice Trial at K9 on Sunday 1st August, commencing 10am till 2pm. If people keep arriving after club training, we will keep judging!

We will also have a ring set up for Rally O with Honey & Cindy calling rounds. This is an exciting new discipline which is great for people who aren't really into formal obedience, but their dog will stay beside them in the heel position and will respond to commands. Great for agility people too! Hopefully some of our good obedience dogs will also join in as well. It is a lot of fun!

As usual, it is $2 per round.

Unfortunately I can't make it, retrieving training day the same day :rofl:

I am seriously considering doing agility eventually. Nothing like getting ahead of myself, our puppy isn't even conceived yet :confused:. I've been looking at the website for the WA Agility Club and it looks like alot of fun. I do have a question for anyone who does do it though, is it really something you can do casually for a bit of fun? I know that alot of people do it pretty seriously.

Rach, it's a pain not being able to drive! Once you get started you'll love it :laugh:, I didn't learn until I was 18 and my Mum refused to drive me around anymore lol (that was MANY years ago though!). I haven't been able to drive for nearly 2 years and I hate it lol.

Unfortunately I didn't get along to the Winter doggie show, I could not tempt my Hubby out in that weather and it was a bit far for me to walk ;)

there is a dog show on this weekend at canine sat and sun as it is a split show i will be there with my toothless rotti pup on sat lol she has lost so many teeth these last two weeks so cute :rofl: fingers crossed her bite stays scissor ;)

I am seriously considering doing agility eventually. Nothing like getting ahead of myself, our puppy isn't even conceived yet :confused:. I've been looking at the website for the WA Agility Club and it looks like alot of fun. I do have a question for anyone who does do it though, is it really something you can do casually for a bit of fun? I know that alot of people do it pretty seriously.

Yes of course, you can just do the weekly classes for something to do. You may find it addictive though and could want to trial, at which point you have to keep reminding yourself that it is 'for fun' because it can be pretty stressful ;) :rofl: ;) I personally love going to agility training, I look forward to it.

Yes of course, you can just do the weekly classes for something to do. You may find it addictive though and could want to trial, at which point you have to keep reminding yourself that it is 'for fun' because it can be pretty stressful ;) :rofl: ;) I personally love going to agility training, I look forward to it.

I agree Amy, I am so excited every wednesday night to go to agility training but I dread going to obedience class, I am going to only go to obedience class maybe one sunday a month as we learn nothing new now until we get moved to class 3.

Yes of course, you can just do the weekly classes for something to do. You may find it addictive though and could want to trial, at which point you have to keep reminding yourself that it is 'for fun' because it can be pretty stressful ;) :rofl: :D I personally love going to agility training, I look forward to it.

I agree Amy, I am so excited every wednesday night to go to agility training but I dread going to obedience class, I am going to only go to obedience class maybe one sunday a month as we learn nothing new now until we get moved to class 3.

thinks kelari is a bit young for agility yet :laugh: we sometimes enjoy obedience we are out of puppy classes now so the fun begins i hope to trial her in obedience too. i might try sledding too when i get my girl back and kealri is old enough ;)

WX do you know how much those speed camera tickets are? im sure i got flashed along canning hwy doing about 70 in a 60 zone :confused:

my hubby got done 10 k's over and it was 100 and 1 demerit it might change though

Amypie are you doing the Bunbury agility trial on August 8th? ;) Or is it just me :laugh:

Nope thought about it but probably have a birthday do for my SIL the night before, also trying to figure out if Kyzer has a problem with away trials or all trials, waiting until the Perth trial to see, so not really keen on wasting fuel money for what could be a rather frustrating day :confused: :D Not to mention I'd have to get out of bed early ;) :rofl:

Amypie are you doing the Bunbury agility trial on August 8th? :D Or is it just me :mad

Nope thought about it but probably have a birthday do for my SIL the night before, also trying to figure out if Kyzer has a problem with away trials or all trials, waiting until the Perth trial to see, so not really keen on wasting fuel money for what could be a rather frustrating day :confused: :p Not to mention I'd have to get out of bed early ;) ;)

:rofl: Toby has Perth trial > Bunbury Trial > Royal :laugh: But now that the muppet dog is going on holiday I might be able to anter a couple more

Amypie are you doing the Bunbury agility trial on August 8th? ;) Or is it just me :D

Nope thought about it but probably have a birthday do for my SIL the night before, also trying to figure out if Kyzer has a problem with away trials or all trials, waiting until the Perth trial to see, so not really keen on wasting fuel money for what could be a rather frustrating day :confused::mad Not to mention I'd have to get out of bed early ;) :rofl:

oh got to love early mornings lol. i am doing geraldton anyone else doing it? going to be a late night driving up :laugh:

Amypie are you doing the Bunbury agility trial on August 8th? :laugh: Or is it just me :mad

Nope thought about it but probably have a birthday do for my SIL the night before, also trying to figure out if Kyzer has a problem with away trials or all trials, waiting until the Perth trial to see, so not really keen on wasting fuel money for what could be a rather frustrating day :confused: :p Not to mention I'd have to get out of bed early ;) ;)

oh got to love early mornings lol. i am doing geraldton anyone else doing it? going to be a late night driving up :D

I still haven't decided. I have the Adelaide Royal the weekend before and the Perth Royal the week after so it might be too much! :rofl: