Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Welcome Ilovedobes and Buggerme :rofl:

Buggerme, your pup is very cute :laugh: In terms of showing I am fairly sure that the GSDA can help you with showing a GSD as well. GSD aren't that well supported in WA in the All Breed ring but are quite popular in the speciality ring :mad Although some shows do put on a specialty ring for the GSD now (well I know of 2 ROFL!)

Well thankyou ... do you mean not well supported in terms of - no one goes there with GSD's - or ya just not welcome there if u have one :thumbsup:

Welcome Buggerme, your puppy is adorable, all dogs = No Money lolo but I always add up the enjoyment and put that into cents amount and I am a millionaire! lol

Sorry to hear ST the Dog Fiasco with your electronics! Luckily my two only goof up the garden although taha Daha has stared on my Crested!! Hormonal Cow that she is!

J

Oh no ST - naughty girl Ari :thumbsup: does she often do things like that??

Not much to report here, Mason booked in for allergy tests on the 30th, hoping they go ahead as he is battling another ear infection and he has to be off all topical applications by next friday the 23rd...

She does do some naughty stuff but this is probably the worst in a while... she usually has a real destructive phase right after she gets over her season and subsequent phantom and i have no idea what i can do with her during that time!

ive got a few questions for you guys. Is a CAWA membership $38.80? I was going through the fees list and thought it was this one. Do you have to have someone to nominate you? Do you get a copy of a gazette or canine news in the post?? Im not sure how it all works. Do you have to be a member to transfer papers into your name? (im just curious really i will become a member anyway).

Is a CAWA membership $38.80? That is the nomination fee, then you have the type of membership you require on top of that. If you wanted Ordinary membership it would be $77.50 ontop of that, and $10 Development LevyI was going through the fees list and thought it was this one.

Do you have to have someone to nominate you? Can't remember what I did for mine, I don't think I was nominated??? Not sure

Do you get a copy of a gazette or canine news in the post?? Yes you do it is part of your membership. They come out bi-monthly.

Im not sure how it all works.

Do you have to be a member to transfer papers into your name? (im just curious really i will become a member anyway). Not sure, I don't think you do, but you do have to have a rego'd dog to become a Canine member. If it is or an associate dog youc an send them in together. Other than that the dog should be transfered into your name from the breeder, then you can apply for membership after you have your pup's papers. It has been a long time but I think that is how it works.

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

You don't have to get people to nominate you, the ladies in the office signed mine when I sent it in by email.

You don't have to be a member to have a dog transferred into your name. When you get the new rego papers you will see a number next to your name, when you become a Dogswest member down the track that becomes your membership number.

buggerme he is so squishable :rofl:

Well he is certainly squishing my bank account !

Me + Pup = very very bad fiscal investment...

bahahaha whats money????? mine mademe bankrupt a while ago rofl.

Not many german shpeherds come to the all breed shows it would be lovely to see more around :lollipop:

Do you have to be a member to transfer papers into your name? (im just curious really i will become a member anyway). Not sure, I don't think you do, but you do have to have a rego'd dog to become a Canine member. If it is or an associate dog youc an send them in together. Other than that the dog should be transfered into your name from the breeder, then you can apply for membership after you have your pup's papers. It has been a long time but I think that is how it works.

I didnt think you would have to have a registered pedigree dog in order to become a member.

Thanks for that guys :rofl: I wish dogswest would update their site.

I didnt think you would have to have a registered pedigree dog in order to become a member.

You don't, but you won't be classed as an Ordinary member unless you have a registered pedigree dog. You will have an associate membership, but if you then get a registered pedigree, you can upgrade your membership to Ordinary.

I've found Dogs West really helpful when I've emailed them about things I wasn't certain on :rofl:

Me too, I find their service great. I emailed Ruby's title application to them and I had the certificate in the post 2 days later. They also returned my email query within an hour or so.

I heard you can have just a Handler membership, does anyone have any knowledge about this membership?

I would like to enrol a few people as just handlers.

J

Handler members do not get the Canine News and can't own dogs, thats the diference. :rofl: