Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

They shaved Lincolns leg! :( No show this weekend. :thumbsup:

He is seriously groggy. :thumbsup:

Oh no! Did you ask them not to? I always make a point of reminding my vets when they have one of my show dogs in and except where unavoidable (like the grass seed in Robi's side :eek: ) they have always not shaven! But if you don't say anything they will shave.

They shaved Lincolns leg! :thumbsup: No show this weekend. :thumbsup:

He is seriously groggy. :thumbsup:

Oh no! Did you ask them not to? I always make a point of reminding my vets when they have one of my show dogs in and except where unavoidable (like the grass seed in Robi's side :thumbsup: ) they have always not shaven! But if you don't say anything they will shave.

Gee I hope I dont have that problem with the vets ( I mean !! )

lol :(:eek:

I get payback as every scratch shows up and my dogs are rough as gu\ts at each other!

No clipping here either unless totally required because the hair colour often grows back different & can alter the texture.

Vets nurses go crazy with the clippers & some clinics are worse than others.

I love my vet for this exact reason as they deal with alot of showdogs plus they also now that over the top clipping isnt required.

You must always tell the vet & have it written on there sheet ,never leave it verbal unless you have a magic vet & staff

I don't think it will make much of a difference since he isn't a coated breed but they shaved like a 4 by 8cm patch for onf needle. Hopefully it will be back by winter festival.

That is a huge amount!

Even when I have had dogs shaved for a needle it is only about 1 by at max 2 inches!

I'm not even sure why they need to shave unless perhaps it's a breed with long hair? Both my girls have been under anaesthetic twice before each and once each they have been shaved, the other time not, so it doesn't make sense to me when and why they decide to shave??

My vet hospital is very clipper happy. A spey clip goes half up their sides!

A leg clip is always at least as big as Lincoln's. WHen I was showing I was always checking and double checking about how much they clipped off.

To be honest to the vet nurses at my hospital I was weird BECAUSE I showed dogs, and they wouldn't care less or even understand why I would want the smallest area possible shaved.

They shaved Lincolns leg! :) No show this weekend. :)

He is seriously groggy. :cheer:

is it his show side? i would still show i showed my girl after a dog attack after all it is about the confirmation not the amount of hair on the leg

My family thinks I am odd for being so dissaointed his leg was shaved. So it's nice to see DOLers think the same. Today when I call to book his follow up appointment I will make sure to get a note put on his file.

I would still recommend that every time he is taken in you remind them as it will most likely be overlooked.

I am sure if he is a working breed that some hair off won't be a major drama??

I have seen dogs shown with hair clipped of a front leg before - it was a Collie (rough) from memory?

When Mason went for desexing they shaved some of his one front leg obviously for needles. Not even going to think about the patch they will shave for his allergy testing, he is going to look so funny!

Bugger! I've been meaning to buy some goat rib bones for ages :D

You have about 6 weeks to get some and stock up the freezer - she says running out the door to beat you to it :rofl:

:rofl:

:D I only have a tiny freezer

MM have you used the Pet Chef in Midland? They deliver too.

Bugger! I've been meaning to buy some goat rib bones for ages :D

You have about 6 weeks to get some and stock up the freezer - she says running out the door to beat you to it :rofl:

:rofl:

:D I only have a tiny freezer

MM have you used the Pet Chef in Midland? They deliver too.

I have not seen roo on their menu though or any other unusual meats but I will send them a mail or phone them....