Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Thanks Ptolomy, I was a bit surprised at the win. He did very well but I thought others may have been up there too. Whiz also won restricted so is now out of that stake, not that she is really up to AA yet. Did Zoe tell you about the drama yesterday and how brave she and H.E. were ? Pretty scary !

Wow a full day of winning, well done!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Drama?!

Thanks Ptolomy, I was a bit surprised at the win. He did very well but I thought others may have been up there too. Whiz also won restricted so is now out of that stake, not that she is really up to AA yet. Did Zoe tell you about the drama yesterday and how brave she and H.E. were ? Pretty scary !

I did get the low down from Zoe - and I take my hat off to her :thumbsup: Many people would think twice before jumping into a cold dam fully clothed to help a dog out and it wasn't even her dog.

Well done fetchin dawgs! Couldn't have gone to a cuter Goldie! A Goldue also won BIS at the Gun Dog Club show yesterday so a good day for the breed :thumbsup:.

Just took my dogs for a long walk in the bush, Lincoln insits on bringing me bits of dead things all the time. So hopefully by next season he will have enough of the basics to start proper training!

Had a great time watching yesterday until the drama which we feel very bad about :o A dog got caught in a rope that we didn't know was there - the rope was knocked loose when a novice dog broke a float earlier in the day and when we fixed the float we didn't know we had to reattach the anchor rope (which when attached is half a metre below the water surface and taut so dogs have no way of getting caught, which is why my guys have never had an issue). Luckily dog and rescuers are all fine and hopefully won't end up with colds!

Fetchingdawg, well done on your wins :) Love your Goldy :)

Had a great time watching yesterday until the drama which we feel very bad about :o A dog got caught in a rope that we didn't know was there - the rope was knocked loose when a novice dog broke a float earlier in the day and when we fixed the float we didn't know we had to reattach the anchor rope (which when attached is half a metre below the water surface and taut so dogs have no way of getting caught, which is why my guys have never had an issue). Luckily dog and rescuers are all fine and hopefully won't end up with colds!

Fetchingdawg, well done on your wins :) Love your Goldy :)

Don't feel bad, it was just one of those things that happen. I think we are just all glad that the dog is ok and that the two girls who jumped in were so quick off the mark to identify that she was in trouble.

Thanks about the wins, it was a bit of a shock I must say. My little boy is rather cute isn't he ?

Also, I think I left a sign at your front gate, (unless someone else picked it up). Will get it another day if it's still there.

Don't feel bad, it was just one of those things that happen. I think we are just all glad that the dog is ok and that the two girls who jumped in were so quick off the mark to identify that she was in trouble.

Thanks about the wins, it was a bit of a shock I must say. My little boy is rather cute isn't he ?

Also, I think I left a sign at your front gate, (unless someone else picked it up). Will get it another day if it's still there.

Your boy is cute :o Whiz is lovely too and a brilliant worker but your "little" :) boy is so very handsome. I tell you what though, if I could get a dog like the "pick up" goldy you could nearly convert me to gundogs, what brilliant drive she has and so devoted to her owner :)

And yes, we saw the sign when we left this morning. When do you need it for next? We could probably organise to get it to Lynne or Zoe if that would help, since they aren't that far away :) We will take it down and bring it to the front of the house this evening though just to make sure it doesn't go walk-about.

Sorry guys, I don't think either is high drive enough for me :eek: Seriously though I have never seen a Goldy with that much drive before :rofl: Even the other goldies there seemed a lot more sedate :eek:

And no way do I have time to do the training required for retrieving ;)

I might have to find out when the next All Age trial is on though to watch the highest level dogs at work :rofl:

Oh and LabRat it is definitely a spectator sport, although rug up and remember to take a chair :rofl: The competitors are all nice and made sure that we knew what was going on and where we could be in order to see the most without disturbing the dogs :eek: I am sure OzJen will agree with me as she and her sister came up as did another friend (and they did manage to meet my foal... as it was getting dark!)

Retrieving is an awesome sport, I really want Mason to get into it and I am busy trying to do a bit of training with him this year and will hopefully compete next year if all goes well.

Our chairman selected a few of us who want to trial their dogs in obedience and we now meet up a couple of times a month on a saturday morning to do extra training, I am quite happy at how Mason is going at the moment.

Oh and LabRat it is definitely a spectator sport, although rug up and remember to take a chair :thumbsup: The competitors are all nice and made sure that we knew what was going on and where we could be in order to see the most without disturbing the dogs :banghead: I am sure OzJen will agree with me as she and her sister came up as did another friend (and they did manage to meet my foal... as it was getting dark!)

Yes. I agree, it was a great spectator sport, we loved it and the level of training was very high. Everyone was very friendly too and as Mirrawee said were willing to explain it all to us. Mirrawee and her mum looked after J myself and T A well as always and we had a lovely lunch and Mirrawee's dad made sure we could get warmed up over lunch by lighting a lovely fire. Got to check out the horses and see how much the last lot of foals had grown as well as seeing the latest edition. Just a pity it got dark so soon as would have loved to take pictures of the horses.

ETA: Congratulations Fetchindawgs on yesterdays results and also hope the two lifesavers haven't got colds today, you guys rock.

Edited by ozjen

Ozjen, it sounds like you had a fabulous time!! I think I have to get to a retrieving session sometime seeing as it's such a great spectator sport. Maybe something I might be interested in when I get my puppy ....... *daydreams of puppies being born*

Ozjen, it sounds like you had a fabulous time!! I think I have to get to a retrieving session sometime seeing as it's such a great spectator sport. Maybe something I might be interested in when I get my puppy ....... *daydreams of puppies being born*

Yep, was even thinking that if I didn't already have so many things to do on weekends I would have to find a gundog breed to try retrieving, do you think I could discuise Jenna as a gundog breed? 'Cept of course I wouldn't be any good handling dead things, although I would have fun shooting the shotgun. :banghead:

Hey, by the way what has happened to all the DOLers who were doing Tracking? Haven't seen any of you for a few weeks. :thumbsup:

Your boy is cute :banghead: Whiz is lovely too and a brilliant worker but your "little" :thumbsup: boy is so very handsome. I tell you what though, if I could get a dog like the "pick up" goldy you could nearly convert me to gundogs, what brilliant drive she has and so devoted to her owner :rolleyes:

And yes, we saw the sign when we left this morning. When do you need it for next? We could probably organise to get it to Lynne or Zoe if that would help, since they aren't that far away :confused: We will take it down and bring it to the front of the house this evening though just to make sure it doesn't go walk-about.

Hi Mirrawee, Either leave the sign till next time, or if you see Zoe or Lynne, either of them would take it for me. Thanks for getting it.

That pick up dog is a RT Champion, and in All Age. Much more advanced than all the dogs that were competing on Sunday. She is a half sister to my boy (same Dad), and the drive is inherent in them. And, Goldies are like that, totally devoted to their owners, and, will do just about anything for them. All of mine have been like that.

Re an AA trial; Apart from the long weekend at Arthur River, where there will be two All Age stakes, the next AA event is June 13th. If you contact Lynne a little closer to the date, she will be able to tell you where it will be.

Thanks Ozjen for the congratulations. I certainly had a a great weekend, wins wise. Now up to play with the big dogs for my little black bitch.