Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I'm going to "rough it" in the back of my car with hopefully an air mattress, lots of big doonas for comfort and warmth, and pillows. But I will have to pee in the bushes, so I really will be roughing it!! :thumbsup:

When I was a kid we all used to go to the toilet in the bush rather then walk all th way home. I think I could still do it if I was 100% sure no one could see me.

Does anyone else have a dog that snore? Lincoln is so noisy cuddled up next to me

:laugh:

Jeeez you wouldn't want to come camping with my mob but you already told me I was 'country' :thumbsup:

Did I? :rofl: Yeah, probably sounds like something I'd say :D

It's ok, we won't hold it against you :)

Edited by RubyStar

When I was a kid we all used to go to the toilet in the bush rather then walk all th way home. I think I could still do it if I was 100% sure no one could see me.

:laugh: Brings back memories of year 7 camp... memories I don't wish to relive! :rofl:

Does anyone else have a dog that snore? Lincoln is so noisy cuddled up next to me

Yeah, mine do :thumbsup: Quite loudly! But thankfully it only goes for less than 5 minutes and they're quiet again.

Yep I made it to the retrieving trial yesterday :rofl: Met some very lovely people and saw/learnt lots so I'm glad I went!

I'm now going to make an effort to go to the June long weekend trial with Ruby - spectating of course!! :) Weekend away of camping, should be fun!! Lots to learn :thumbsup:

I didn't think lure coursing is allowed in WA? :laugh:

Where is the trial??

Arthur River, about 2 and a half hours away. It goes all long weekend apparently. Do you want to come? Camping out is involved :D

Will need to work out OH work schedule, when is the long weekend in June?? We dont have any camping gear, could maybe come for one night though.

June 4th and 5th I think I will be camping (or just sleeping in my car!). June 7 is the holiday day off (Monday).

Had a look and OH is working the sunday so we wont make it...

I'm going to "rough it" in the back of my car with hopefully an air mattress, lots of big doonas for comfort and warmth, and pillows. But I will have to pee in the bushes, so I really will be roughing it!! :laugh:

I dont do peeing in the bush etc, think I would rather try hold it for the entire weekend!! :thumbsup: After all if I wanted no water and electricity I would have stayed in africa .....

Where's your sense of adventure, MM! :thumbsup:

And you and hubby aren't joined at the hip :rofl: But I can understand not wanting to pee in the bush. I don't wanna but gonna have to! I'm looking forward to it, even if it means going on my own :laugh:

RS... are you going to enter or just go to watch? I hope you are going to enter!

Valley the parade starts at pointers so after pointers it's weis, then starts at the beginning with you! so you will be straight after the weims. Occasionally it does clash depending on how fast the champ show judge is, but the rule is generally that the champ show is priority, so if they get up to labs in the parade and the labs are in the champ ring, the parade stops.

RS... are you going to enter or just go to watch? I hope you are going to enter!

Valley the parade starts at pointers so after pointers it's weis, then starts at the beginning with you! so you will be straight after the weims. Occasionally it does clash depending on how fast the champ show judge is, but the rule is generally that the champ show is priority, so if they get up to labs in the parade and the labs are in the champ ring, the parade stops.

That makes it easier for me! Then I don't have to sit through labs/goldens in the parade and then I can go watch agility for a bit. :D

Enter? :heart:

No, no, definitely just going to watch!!! :D Taking Ruby for exposure and a bit of training while out there :D

I will more than likely hold on to my pups papers until they are sterilized, unfortunatley not everyone follows through with what they agree to at time of purchase even after signing a contract. An agreement similar to Mirrawees is under consideration.

I have see a pet shop show a copy of limited register papers for one of the parents of the pups that the pet shop was selling. The breeder was horrified to find out that not only had this bitch been bred from and the ofspring were being sold in a petshop, but that her limited register paperwork for the mother was being shown. These pups were bred from a bitch that was to be sterilized and no health testing was done on her, the father or the ofspring(in petshop) but the Prefix of the breeder of the bitch would be the one people would affiliate with these pups if anything went wrong with them, not the person who actually bred the limited register bitch. That is just one example of why breeders are starting to hold back papers till they are sure new owners have fullfilled the sterilization requirement.

Also many people don't understand the difference between limited register and Mains when they go to buy a puppy so unscrupulous people can fool them into believeing they are getting a pedigree pup by showing both parents limited register papers. Just check the local dog adds in the paper, ie pedigree cavalier/pug X , registered RottiX, purebred pedigree Chihauhau (registerd with canine? no!) I for one don't want to make it any easier for them. If I am selling a pup as a pet it is never to be bred from and the terms of me selling that pup to someone is that they sterilize it with in an agreed time period and send proof of same, if they are not willing to do that then they can look elsewhere for a pup.

While I'm not comfortable with sterilizing young pups before they leave like many breeders are starting to do I can fully understand why breeders are starting to do it, withholding papers is hopefully going to encourage peope to stick to their side of the agreement but ultimaitly the only sure way is to sterilize before they leave. I'm not ready to take that ultimaite step yet but if left with no other choice it will be that or not breed at all.

ETA: Pet shop pups were sold for twice the price of Limited register pups that are eye tested, vaccinaited and microchiped and from health tested parents so are purchasers of LR dogs really paying for the papers. Perhaps breeders should charge petshop prices hold on to their paperwork and then offer the price difference back along with papers when they have proof of sterilization.

:D Good God Ozjen I cant believe that would really happen!!!!! Was this in WA?? Surely they Pet Shop owner would know that this ISNT the done thing!? I think if I had seen that I wouldve been onto the "original" name on the limited papers to let them know , then wouldve let rip at the pet shop - seriously this sort of stuff really p!$$es me off! I think the biggest thing that puts me off getting into breeding is finding homes for the pups - it would be the single most difficult thing to get 100% right. The small number of idiots make it soooooo hard for those that seriously just want to do the right thing...Oh, and BTW - I am not having a go at you at all Ozjen, Im just infuriated that someone would actually do this without a second thought!!!!!

Ok, vent over... :)

Have you gotten to have a look at agility right from the start yet Rs? I will be bringing it to read Sat so when I come hang out at obidience you can have a look

Are you gonna be at the show on Sat VCBR, or some other event?? If so I will endeavour to hunt you down and introduce myself, very interested in having a quick squiz at your agility book - see if its what I need!

I reckon they will be using the dome if its gonna be thundering and raining! Hope it makes it way around the grounds though!

Geez, I cant believe just how excited I am about going to watch this show on Saturday!!! :D :heart:

Rat

It was kind of akward since I was the only girl.

Have you gotten to have a look at agility right from the start yet Rs? I will be bringing it to read Sat so when I come hang out at obidience you can have a look

Oops, missed this one. No I haven't seen it yet, would love to have a look! Thanks :D

Yep, Saturday & Sunday wet and maybe thunder, Monday sunny then back to winter again for the rest of the week. It would be good if it would by pass Perth and head SOUTH. Im over looking at a manky yellowy brown paddock thats supposed to be green!

I seriously hope there is NO thunder on Saturday. Must really shit the dogs off under the dome - its so echo-ee under there :D

Rat

Pfft, what about the obedience dogs having to perform IN the weather!! :cheer::cheer:

My first obedience test - kindy class :laugh: -with Wandy the kelpie was in the rain, with added wind!! She was a good girl considering, but refused to drop :dancingelephant: , cant say I blame her!!

So yeh, I feel for yas, but Ill be inside watching the show dogs........... :birthday: :birthday:

I may wander down to have a look if its NOT raining!

Rat