Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

What's that ginger and white dog in the pic? Look at it baring it's teeth! :laugh:

The BC's in the pic look jealous of the dog I think is Brookie.

How neat! Never seen a BC that colour before. What is the actual colour called?

:laugh: No idea. I am waiting for someone to confirm if that is even Brookie. ;)

Yep! Thats my boy!!! I think it would have been a few years ago...can't remember the red and white dogs name but I remember her if you know what I mean!!!

What's that ginger and white dog in the pic? Look at it baring it's teeth! :laugh:

:laugh: No idea. I am waiting for someone to confirm if that is even Brookie. ;)

Yep! Thats my boy!!! I think it would have been a few years ago...can't remember the red and white dogs name but I remember her if you know what I mean!!!

;) No idea. I am waiting for someone to confirm if that is even Brookie. ;)

Yay! Mystery solved. :rofl: It was in those stays where the handlers run away. :laugh: Brookie looks super focused. If you want the original PM me your email. :laugh:

Duh!!! Just realized you said 2007!!!! Oh well....I've had a few too after getting back from Geraldton tonight after a very loooong drive. That Brand highway is so boring!!!!

Ugh I hate the Brand highway, so many idiots seem to use that road too, just about get killed by careless overtakers every time we go up that way, Great Northern is heaps better :laugh:

The Red & white BC isn't Dexter is it?

Ugh I hate the Brand highway, so many idiots seem to use that road too, just about get killed by careless overtakers every time we go up that way, Great Northern is heaps better :laugh:

Thats the only red & white BC I know of. :laugh:

Yeah it might be Dexter....that would be the right timing I think.

Yep I made it to the retrieving trial yesterday ;) Met some very lovely people and saw/learnt lots so I'm glad I went!

I'm now going to make an effort to go to the June long weekend trial with Ruby - spectating of course!! ;) Weekend away of camping, should be fun!! Lots to learn :laugh:

I didn't think lure coursing is allowed in WA? :laugh:

Where is the trial??

Arthur River, about 2 and a half hours away. It goes all long weekend apparently. Do you want to come? Camping out is involved :rofl:

I'm a bit confused about the trial/show on this Saturday at K9 :laugh:

dogswest.com says this:

The All Breeds Dog Club of WA Championship Show - Saturday 22nd May 2010

Revised start time 12.30 pm. Gates will not opne until 10.30am.

Events at the Canine Centre

Saturday 22nd May 2010

WEST COAST ROTTWEILER CLUB

Obedience Trial

Vetting Time: 9.30-9.45am

Judging Time: 10.30am

Enquires: 0404 187 135

They are saying gates don't open til 10.30am for the show, yet the obedience at the same venue starts at 10.30. Huh?! :laugh:

Arrive early enough for vetting!!!!

I'm a bit confused about the trial/show on this Saturday at K9 :laugh:

dogswest.com says this:

The All Breeds Dog Club of WA Championship Show - Saturday 22nd May 2010

Revised start time 12.30 pm. Gates will not opne until 10.30am.

Events at the Canine Centre

Saturday 22nd May 2010

WEST COAST ROTTWEILER CLUB

Obedience Trial

Vetting Time: 9.30-9.45am

Judging Time: 10.30am

Enquires: 0404 187 135

They are saying gates don't open til 10.30am for the show, yet the obedience at the same venue starts at 10.30. Huh?! :laugh:

Ask on WA Click. I know for showies we have a late start 12.30pm because the CAWA is hiring out the grounds the night before and having clean up in the morning.

Aaahhhh, was wondering about the time change! Works for me - now I dont have to get up at 5am to go to Perth!!! It will be a nice leisurly trip instead, in daylight! Gotta love that!

I think Lure Coursing would go down a treat in WA, Im sure some of the ridgy owners used to do their own thing somewhere :laugh:

Rat

Arrive early enough for vetting!!!!

:o Yes indeed I will be! Sorry I should have pointed out that what I meant was if it starts at 10.30 and gates supposedly open at 10.30, what about vetting :D So I shall just ignore the gates thing mentioned in the show part and just go with what I normally do for obedience! Hmmm I may have to get there earlier than I usually do so someone can help me assemble a shade :laugh: :D

vCBR, online entries are great as you get confirmation as soon as you enter that it has been received :) You don't get numbers until the week before usually though (ie during the week before!)

The Royal may be online entries this year... I know you can enter online for the horses anyway so would think the dogs would follow suit :)

RS, time that gates open is always weird. Ie you have night trials on a weeknight and it says gates open 5pm... yet you can access the grounds all day as the gates have to be open for you to visit the office :mad

RS, time that gates open is always weird. Ie you have night trials on a weeknight and it says gates open 5pm... yet you can access the grounds all day as the gates have to be open for you to visit the office :)

You make a very good point! :mad

I think it's probably more a guideline in case there isn't anything else on... in this case, if there was no one else there to open the gates, the gates wouldn't be open until 10.30... they are usually opened earlier anyway.